Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Preseason: The Commanders vs. The Ravens - The Commanders Strike Back!!!

zCommander

Just now, Conn said:

Jones may be the biggest 7th round “pop off the screen” guy I can remember in recent history. 

As it was just said on the broadcast, he didn’t run due to injury so we don’t know how fast he is—size/speed freakishness is a huge factor in EDGE success, in terms of analytics. I wonder if he’s more athletic than we realize and just needed some technical help from NFL coaches. He’s sure flashing a lot 

I posted his numbers on the minicamp thread. His numbers were good aside from the vertical. His 3 cone was very good. He didn’t run the 40 in his pro day I assume because his hamstring wasn’t 100 percent yet 

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I posted his numbers on the minicamp thread. His numbers were good aside from the vertical. His 3 cone was very good. He didn’t run the 40 in his pro day I assume because his hamstring wasn’t 100 percent yet 

yep, read that. Good post, too. 40 time (and 10 yard split) is just actually predictive (along with size and other measurables)  for EDGE guys so it may have contributed to him being a steal 

• Like 1

Just now, Conn said:

yep, read that. Good post, too. 40 time (and 10 yard split) is just actually predictive (along with size and other measurables)  for EDGE guys so it may have contributed to him being a steal 

I used to run track eons ago and I am not bad at guessing speed without the 40. He had long legs and can motor. He looks up my eyes as having good speed. Has great length with 34.25 inch arms 

• Like 1