Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

The Dallas game was over early at 27-0, but even they didn't get embarrassed the way the Philadelphia Eagles got embarrassed. Missed tackles, inept offense, just the worst performance from the team I hate even more than the Cowboys. Their fans were pretty chesty in October, now they have to wonder if their team didn't give another Carson Wentz contract to their QB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Listening to Philly sports radio this morning 94WIP and the talk guys are having a meltdown.  Says it the worst Philly defeat ever in their history.

Want the Head Coach fired and thinks Hurts will not be their starting quarterback two years from now.  Said defense players couldn't tackle.

Switching defense coordinators a few games ago confused the players supposedly.  Now Kelce has announced he is retiring.  I think their owner

will fire Sirianni this week if he can find a better replacement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Listening to Philly sports radio this morning 94WIP and the talk guys are having a meltdown.  Says it the worst Philly defeat ever in their history.

Want the Head Coach fired and thinks Hurts will not be their starting quarterback two years from now.  Said defense players couldn't tackle.

Switching defense coordinators a few games ago confused the players supposedly.  Now Kelce has announced he is retiring.  I think their owner

will fire Sirianni this week if he can find a better replacement.

I am so tempted to find their app and have a listen.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Romo seems incredibly knowledgeable and good at what he does. Often times explaining what play is going to happen before it happens and why it's happening. You disagree? Or just think that he isn't on their level?

Romo was on fire his first season, calling what plays were before the play started. CBS told him to tone it down, so he did. Now people are upset that he doesn't do it anymore.

I like Romo. I think he does lean a bit too reactionary, though. Someone makes a play that needs to be reviewed, Romo watches it in slow motion and goes "uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh, I don't knoooooow". Sometimes it feels like he's trying to play it as the "sounds unprofessional but is actually an expert" fan to play off Nantz's straight man role. But I have no doubt that Romo is as knowledgeable now as he was before CBS told him to stop showing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Romo was on fire his first season, calling what plays were before the play started. CBS told him to tone it down, so he did. Now people are upset that he doesn't do it anymore.

I like Romo. I think he does lean a bit too reactionary, though. Someone makes a play that needs to be reviewed, Romo watches it in slow motion and goes "uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh, I don't knoooooow". Sometimes it feels like he's trying to play it as the "sounds unprofessional but is actually an expert" fan to play off Nantz's straight man role. But I have no doubt that Romo is as knowledgeable now as he was before CBS told him to stop showing it.

I agree. A very knowledgeable, charismatic, and talented commentator. That's interesting about CBS telling him to tone it down. I didn't hear about that. Do you think they did it because he was eliminating a lot of the suspense? Seeing that 99% of the time he was right? I could see where that may perturb the network and possibly some viewers.

I'm not sure what the exact reason CBS didn't like it was, just that producers said he shouldn't do it.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/tony-romo-says-play-predictions-were-something-i-wasnt-supposed-to-do.html

“That was something I wasn’t supposed to do. …It wasn’t like I was predicting plays. You’re just kind of talking. It didn’t feel like, ‘I’m going to predict the play here.’ It felt like you were talking about the game that you were seeing and you’re trying to let the viewer know something that could be neat to look out for. Sometimes you’re just talking to Jim (Nantz) and stuff comes out. I think the goal is to not feel rehearsed ever. It’s a natural communication.”

“The thing is people don’t want … if you’re wrong you get hit hard and people can really say things that are negative. I’ve never really worried about too much about what people say or what could happen if…It’s like a golf shot: What happens if I shank this ball out of bounds? Well, you’re not trying to! You’re trying to make birdie. Let’s go, let’s attack. If you’re ever going to be good at anything, you’ve got to attack and let it go. And you might fail and you might fail again. But one day you’ll hit that shot. You’ll get better. I just feel like you just let it go.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, c slag said:

So if Philadelphia or Dallas fires their coaches, is it possible Detroit OC Ben Johnson winds up in one of those places, instead of interviewing here?

Eagles are all the sudden showing signs of an organization so aggressive and impatient they're all the sudden dysfunctional.

Any Head Coach has to deal with Jerry being Jerry.

Commies and Harris have niether of those strikes against them plus a higher pick and way more cap space.

A lot of things are possible...what's probably is a better question, at least for peace of mind...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 9:16 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

I am so tempted to find their app and have a listen.  

It is called Audacy app and once you add it you can pick up many sports radio stations.  

94 WIP sports radio Philadelphia, PA icon has Eagles green icon.

3 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

It is called Audacy app and once you add it you can pick up many sports radio stations.  

94 WIP sports radio Philadelphia, PA icon has Eagles green icon.

Thanks. I found it and listened yesterday and a bit this morning.  Highly entertaining, they are ready to burn it all down and start over.  

• zCommander changed the title to Game Day Thread 2023: DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF