Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

I know we love it when our divisional rivals get bounced, but the AFC divisional round is looking a lot more compelling than the NFC's right now. Stroud vs Lamar and KC at Buff just is more interesting than GB vs SF and Tampa vs Det, personally.

I thought SF was going to go to the SB regardless. However, I think back to the 91 Skins, and one of the reasons the greatness of the team gets forgotten even by Skins fans is the lack of a win against a signature NFC opponent at the time. Even though we demolished the Bills in the midst of their SB run, neither Atlanta nor Detroit did anything of significance otherwise back then. Of course SF will take their SB appearance or win (if it happens) regardless, but somehow it won't feel the same. I know they thumped Philly in the regular season, but was looking forward to seeing them do it again in the postseason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Poor but not surprising performance by the NFCE this weekend. 

So is Sirianni is getting fired?

It's crazy how Pederson got fired three seasons after winning a SB, and now Sirianni might get axed one season after getting there. We'll see.

Lurie really doesn't seem patient. Heck, I even think Chip Kelly deserved a better fate. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Kelce is off to get himself another bowl of Chunky Soup.

While his little bro is ****ing taylor swift.

Travis should do a remake of the old Sarah Silverman bit on Jimmy Kimmel, “I’m ****ing Taylor Swift, while you’re drinking diet Snapple” I think was my favorite.

For those who have no idea what I’m talking  about, watch this to the end and die laughing.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I know we love it when our divisional rivals get bounced, but the AFC divisional round is looking a lot more compelling than the NFC's right now. Stroud vs Lamar and KC at Buff just is more interesting than GB vs SF and Tampa vs Det, personally.

I thought SF was going to go to the SB regardless. However, I think back to the 91 Skins, and one of the reasons the greatness of the team gets forgotten even by Skins fans is the lack of a win against a signature NFC opponent at the time. Even though we demolished the Bills in the midst of their SB run, neither Atlanta nor Detroit did anything of significance otherwise back then. Of course SF will take their SB appearance or win (if it happens) regardless, but somehow it won't feel the same. I know they thumped Philly in the regular season, but was looking forward to seeing them do it again in the postseason.

Good points. It does seem like the teams we had to beat in '91. Even though that year was unlike any other watching the Skins, I was still for some reason worried about both of those teams in the post season. I guess it's because no one expected us to lose to Dallas that year. But yeah, if I was offered only 2 games to watch this week it would be AFC.

57 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I haven't seen a team collapse so hard since the 86 Jets.

What's strange is they were winning every game, lost to the Jets, and won every game after that. Then the 49ers beat them and they lost every game (except the Giants) after that. Seems like the 49ers pushed them off the pedestal. 

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Peyton got all excited when the 2 eagles receivers ran into each other.

Peyton said it was “robber”

Eli said “no they brought the safety it wasn’t robber.”

Peyton: “ok it wasn’t robber.  You’re making me look bad.”

Those two have forgotten more football in the last 20 minutes than any color analyst except for Aikman has ever known.  And that includes Romo….

Aikman is just extraordinarily corporate.  But he knows his stuff.

Peyton and Eli are next level.  

Romo seems incredibly knowledgeable and good at what he does. Often times explaining what play is going to happen before it happens and why it's happening. You disagree? Or just think that he isn't on their level?

• Like 1