Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BI: The 45-year-old millionaire tech exec who's trying to age backwards says he won't get any more blood plasma infusions from his teenage son

Cooked Crack

The millionaire tech founder who's trying to age backwards says he's stopped receiving blood infusions from younger people, including his son. 

Bryan Johnson tweeted last week that he's discontinuing "young plasma exchanges" after seeing that it didn't yield any benefits. 

"Evaluated biomarkers from biofluids, devices and imaging, no benefits detected," Johnson wrote. "Young plasma exchange may be beneficial for biologically older populations or certain conditions. Does not in my case stack benefit on top of my existing interventions. Alternative methods of plasma exchange or young plasma fractions hold promise."

The infusions are part of a grueling, $2 million-a-year regimen Johnson has undertaken in an effort to reverse the aging process. One aspect of his routine includes limiting his eating to a five-hour window each day, eating only between 6 a.m. and 11 a.m.. He also exercises daily and takes a host of supplements each morning, and monitors his diet to consume exactly 1,977 calories every day. 

He says he has already seen some progress in reducing his biological age: His doctors told Bloomberg in January that their tests show he has the heart of a 37-year-old and the lungs of an 18-year-old.

https://www.businessinsider.com/millionaire-bryan-johnson-stops-blood-infusions-young-people-teen-son-2023-7

33 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Some people you just root for getting hit by a bus. 

This is the guy you want to get hit by a bus?

They also claim he has the gum inflammation of a 17-year-old and the rate of nighttime erections of a teenager — because who wouldn't want to revert back to their pubescent self? 

Hyman and Sinclair's lifestyles may seem a stretch, and Johnson follows similar principles: He maintains a vegan diet and exercises regularly — daily in fact. 

But Johnson's lifestyle is one step further into the realm of outlandishness.  He gets up each day at 5 am and chugs down two dozen medicines and supplements including turmeric, zinc, metformin, and lithium. 

Johnson also restricts his daily calories to the very exact number of 1,977 and has blood tests, MRIs, and colonoscopies each month to monitor and achieve his organ's young status.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Life extension has been a big thing, especially among tech bros but also some in the medical community for quite a while.

After much experimentation, the current state of the art seems to be:

Don’t smoke.
Don’t drink too much.

Don’t eat processed crap and added sugar.

Get enough sleep, and consistently.

Get a decent variety and amount of aerobic, anaerobic, strength and stability exercise.

Reduce mental stress through mindfulness or whatever works for you, such as a strong social network.

Have regular checkups so that you don’t die of something easily treatable before it gets worse.

’cause it turns out all these 100 year olds living in the ‘blue zones’ are NOT popping pills, doing intermittent fasting, super hot saunas, cold therapy, plasma infusions etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2

24 minutes ago, Bang said:

Can you imagine aging to 100+, watching your kids grow old and die, all of your friends die?

Thanks anyway. I mean, if fortune says so, so be it, but it doesn't sound so great to me.

~Bang

My grandmother died at age 103.  In her later years she often lamented that almost everyone she knew was dead.  She was still mentally sharp.  She fell and hurt herself, but not so badly that she couldn't recover from it (or so said the doctor), but apparently just gave up because she was tired of her life with limited mobility, limited eyesight and no friends/companions.  Getting old isn't for the weak or faint of heart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, China said:

My grandmother died at age 103.  In her later years she often lamented that almost everyone she knew was dead.  

My dad's mom made it to 102. Similar sentiment as your grandmother. By her late 90s she was basically asking why she was still here. 😔

My SIL grandmother out lived all five of her children. Not ideal at all. 

I didn’t know rate of nighttime erections was a thing that was tracked

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Don’t smoke.
Don’t drink too much.

Don’t eat processed crap and added sugar.

Get enough sleep, and consistently.

Get a decent variety and amount of aerobic, anaerobic, strength and stability exercise.

Reduce mental stress through mindfulness or whatever works for you, such as a strong social network.

Have regular checkups so that you don’t die of something easily treatable before it gets worse.

I got like 2 of these and nothing else

I am not for long it seems