Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BI: The 45-year-old millionaire tech exec who's trying to age backwards says he won't get any more blood plasma infusions from his teenage son

Cooked Crack

5 hours ago, Bang said:

Can you imagine aging to 100+, watching your kids grow old and die, all of your friends die?

Thanks anyway. I mean, if fortune says so, so be it, but it doesn't sound so great to me.

~Bang

I'm with The Who.   Hope I die before I get old.

My grandfather lived to 98 and my grandmother (father's side) to 101.  My grandfather was actually fairly sharp until the end, granted with fairly limited mobility and started having falls and lost continence.  He spent the last few months of his life in a hospice.  My grandmother at 100 didn't recognize my mother (not her mother but my father's).  She asked my mother if she had any daughters (she didn't, only sons although she miscarried a daughter ...)  

I really think we need to get past the idea that everyone's life is always worth preserving, even if you don't have a terminal condition it should be up to you when to end it.  Its controversial stance, but this should be on the table for all adults, regardless of age or condition.  The reason I say that is because its not really up to society to decide the value of someone's life, that would be up to them.  Whereas saying that its OK for some people to end their life but not others is making that judgement. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1