Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

Simple - if EB is yelling at players who screw up, it’s simple, find out who sucks and that will lead you to the players complaining since EB is probably always yelling at them. Maybe it was one of the lineman since they suck. I’m just kidding but don’t suck and he won’t yell.

Edited by dyst
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

fortunately one of his biggest strengths is reading men and knowing exactly how to motivate them

He comes off as a good motivator but I wonder some about that too considering their collapses in the last two seasons with the playoffs on the line.

Them looking flat (I was at that game) versus the Browns with the playoffs on the line and then Ron saying he didn't know they could be eliminated that day wasn't the best look for him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6

You can be demanding -- Kyle Shanahan -- without screaming at people. 

Eric B's style may have some positives early on, especially because Ron is basically a coaching Zombie, but he's not the longterm answer. 

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Rons really bad with media - he either needs to give this some thought or just go the Bill Belichick route and say literally nothing. 

Agreed, sometimes it feels like Ron is the worst of both worlds during pressers.  He seems super vague and non-detailed on the things people care about and then just sort of nonchalantly volunteers nuggets of info for the media to to create stories out of from situations that in all honestly might not actually be that big of a deal.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Rons really bad with media - he either needs to give this some thought or just go the Bill Belichick route and say literally nothing. 

I just can't understand how he voluntarily walked into a landmine. This could've easily been avoided if he simply said something along the lines of "there was an adjustment period, but I think our guys got over it and we're moving forward as a team now".

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He comes off as a good motivator but I wonder some about that too considering their collapses in the last two seasons with the playoffs on the line.

Them looking flat (I was at that game) versus the Browns with the playoffs on the line and then Ron saying he didn't know they could be eliminated that day wasn't the best look for him.

Good point.

He definitely earns his players respect but that's different than motivation. 

I think he seems hit or miss in the motivation department from game to game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

You can be demanding -- Kyle Shanahan -- without screaming at people. 

Eric B's style may have some positives early on, especially because Ron is basically a coaching Zombie, but he's not the longterm answer. 

That's the way I see it, you can yell and scream during basic training but that stops when you get to your regular unit. But I have no problem with the up tempo, urgency and accountability at all...even after TC. 

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Coach Joe Gibbs was master at that.

It even had its own name: Gibbsspeak.

Coach Gibbs could give a ten minute answer to a question and say absolutely nothing.

He knew how to keep everything in house.

• Like 5

Bieniemy is trying to sell himself as a future HC, either here or(more likely) some where else. Its not enough to just have a good offense because there are plenty of good OCs every year that know their Xs and Os. He's gotta show true leadership traits.

13 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

That's the way I see it, you can yell and scream during basic training but that stops when you get to your regular unit. But I have no problem with the up tempo, urgency and accountability at all...even after TC. 

Some of the things we went through back in the day 😂 Time have changed mainly for the better. Here is an old school English soccer manager giving his lads some motivational messaging after their last game of the season … (if you don’t like swearing don’t click the link!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Honestly, I think some of this EB stuff is blown way out of proportion. I'm tired of having coordinators here who don't make players accountable.

I'd rather have EB's fire and intensity than Turner's ho hum approach.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Some of the things we went through back in the day 😂 Time have changed mainly for the better. Here is an old school English soccer manager giving his lads some motivational messaging after their last game of the season …

I have no idea what he said, but I'd run through a ****in' brick wall for 'im.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

I have no idea what he said, but I'd run through a ****in' brick wall for 'im.

I’m not a fan of Neil Warnock generally - he had all the tactical subtlety of a brick in a sock -

but he did not lack passion!

• Thumb up 1