Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Theo Johnson has all the prototypical size you want in a TE, but he just didn't have the stats you'd expect.  Honestly, it was surprising since Penn State was breaking in a new QB and almost never threw the ball deep.  Johnson had a few really bad drops in some early games, Tyler Warren was the more dependable TE.

Also, if character issues are a thing, I have no idea what led up to it, but Johnson was in the doghouse a bit for being involved in a fight with several fraternity brothers at their house just before the season started.  He didn't miss any games over it, but not the sort of thing you want one of your team captains involved in.

On another note, Penn State has become a tight end factory for some reason.  They haven't produced a Sam LaPorta type, but in the past decade, they've put Jesse James, Pat Freiermuth, Mike Gesicki, and Brenton Strange into the league, and I suppose they could also claim Juwan Johnson even though he spent his last college season somewhere else.  Johnson, Warren, and Zach Kuntz (now with Old Dominion) are probably in the league next year too.  I'm not sure why this has happened.

Yeah, they went from LBerU to TE U. 

I've got to watch more but I'm a fan of him. Could be a later round gem.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, they went from LBerU to TE U. 

I've got to watch more but I'm a fan of him. Could be a later round gem.

I don't know, you'd could aggregate the skills of all those TE's I listed into one Voltron level TE, and I'd still take Micah Parsons.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Cupp and Johnson are two guys we should definitely be targeting. I wonder if they rise up draft boards, since the position has been becoming more of a focus.

Your boy LaPorta is going to have everyone looking at TEs earlier.

Cupp I noticed mocks that I've looked at have him late round or UDFA.  But I'll watch him.

I've the ones I've watched, no dark horse player type yet has stuck with me.  I liked Breven Span-Ford when I watched him last year but i read he had a down year so I need to catch up.

I'll watch Theo.  He among others is on my list.  If i had to pick a TE in that mid round range that is growing on me. i'll write something up on him soon it would be Ben Sinnott. 

Good blocker.  He reminds me of a mix of Stover from this draft and Whyle from the last draft.  They lined him in the back field -- HB back a lot.  Some times in line, sometimes wide.  Not a burner but has OK speed.  Strong hands, and is a hard dude to take down in open field.  Good blocker.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

In that hypothetical trade-down with the Giants, I would ask for their pick (in this case, 6th) and both their 2nds. Screw the defense, just do this (after trading one of the Giants 2nds for a pair of 3rds and then hitting defense after the 2nd/early 3rd.

image.png.603da778f621be9bfc7496c1e91f9914.png

Or just keep that 2nd and see what happens:

image.png.dab5ef36f1ca82e5f28ea380c10111f3.png

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hypothetical ... but if we somehow managed to make our way up to #3 and let's just say the Giants end up at #5. 

Would you trade them #3 knowing they're going to come up and draft a QB at #3?

They're the main team behind us that would definitely need/want a QB that would still keep us in range of getting Fashanu.

Trade them #3 for #5 and #37 and maybe a 2025 2nd round pick? We get Fashanu, an extra #2 and a future 2nd/3rd?

No, screw the Giants.

• Like 1

I can almost guarantee you that Marvin Harrison is being offered nowhere near 25 million to stay in college.  Byrce Young last years nubmer 1 pick got a 4 year deal worth 38 million (that is 9.5 million per season---it is true about 25 million was in signing bonus which he got up front).  When people say he is getting offers rivaling rookie contract, I think they are talking about the APY of 9 to 10 million.  People who interpret that as rivaling the signing bonus and first year salary I think are being naive or trying to get clicks on twitter.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Harrison comes from money. I think he's going pro so he can get his career started early. Why risk injury?

The Buckeyes QB entered the portal and it looks like the Wazu Qb cam ward might sign with OSU so I'd also wonder if Harrison wants to play with him... He was decent for Wazu but nothing special.

2 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I can almost guarantee you that Marvin Harrison is being offered nowhere near 25 million to stay in college.  Byrce Young last years nubmer 1 pick got a 4 year deal worth 38 million (that is 9.5 million per season---it is true about 25 million was in signing bonus which he got up front).  When people say he is getting offers rivaling rookie contract, I think they are talking about the APY of 9 to 10 million.  People who interpret that as rivaling the signing bonus and first year salary I think are being naive or trying to get clicks on twitter.

Agreed. Considering the going rate for QB transfers is $1-2 Million, no way they would pay a WR $25 Mil for one season thats just insane. I doubt even Texas A&M would do something that silly, but just goes to show how much money is being made in NCAA football. Craaaaazy.

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Fuaga is a tackle. He can probably be moved to guard. Fuaga is one of my guys I don’t know where to slot. I had him 1 at one point… I also had him 6th. :ols:

Hes my favorite OT, though. We’ll see where I have him in April.

He's one of my favs, too, too much I think it would be a waste to move him to guard, he's a great run blocker but also a good pass protector.  I get moving Fauntanu to guard.

What a weird name draft with Fanshau, Fuaga and Fauntanu all hyped tackles in the same draft.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's one of my favs, too, too much I think it would be a waste to move him to guard, he's a great run blocker but also a good pass protector.  I get moving Fauntanu to guard.

What a weird name draft with Fanshau, Fuage and Fauntanu all hyped tackles in the same draft.

Just waiting for D’Glester Hardunkichud & Tyroil Smoochie-Wallace to declare for the draft.

Edited by ntotoro
  • Haha 1

Brugler on 106.7

It feels like a more stacked draft than usual especially in the top 7.  Teams seems high on the front line prospects in this draft.

Thinks early in the draft its stacked toward offense before defenders start to go

Fashanu is one of the better pass protectors he's evaluated.  Character and work ethic off the charts.  Needs to improve as a run blocker   Worthy of a top 5 pick.

Alt is an outstanding run blocker, ascending player, suggested a little below Fashanu as a pass protector, great bend for his size.  Worthy of top 5 pick.

Some teams he expect to have Alt first on their board as a tackle and some will have Fashanu.  

Nix and Penix he thinks are going to be 2nd rounders

Bowers -- special competitor, can run, blocks his butt off, mismatch weapon.  He helps change an offense.   He would be shocked if he didn't go top 10.

Jayden Daniels warrants consideration in the top 10.  Defenses have to game plan for him.  He plays with so much confidence.  He can run but he's still a pass first QB.   Better prospect than Anthony Richardson.  Size is the issue.  Hopes he puts on weight for the combine.

He thinks the Bears will indeed take Caleb at #1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Brugler on 106.7

It feels like a more stacked draft than usual especially in the top 7.  Teams seems high on the front line prospects in this draft.

Thinks early in the draft its stacked toward offense before defenders start to go

Fashanu is one of the better pass protectors he's evaluated.  Character and work ethic off the charts.  Needs to improve as a run blocker

Alt outstanding run blocker, ascending player, suggested a little below Fashanu as a pass protector, great bend for his size.  Worthy of top 5 pick.

Some teams he expect to have Alt first on their board as a tackle and some will have Fashanu.  Worthy of top 5 pick.

Bowers -- special competitor, can run, blocks his butt off, mismatch weapon.  He helps change an offense.   He wouuld be shocked if he didn't go top 10.

Jayden Daniels warrants consideration in the top 10.  Defenses have to game plan for him.  He plays with so much confidence.  He can run but he's still a pass first QB.   Better prospect than Anthony Richardson.  Size is the issue.  Hopes he puts on weight for the combine.

Really like Jayden more and more as I watch video on him.  Super dynamic and can do it all.  All good info and thanks, SIP.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Brugler on 106.7

Fashanu is one of the better pass protectors he's evaluated.  Character and work ethic off the charts.  Needs to improve as a run blocker

Alt outstanding run blocker, ascending player, suggested a little below Fashanu as a pass protector, great bend for his size.  Worthy of top 5 pick.

Some teams he expect to have Alt first on their board as a tackle and some will have Fashanu.  Worthy of top 5 pick.

Bowers -- special competitor, can run, blocks his butt off, mismatch weapon.  He helps change an offense.   He wouuld be shocked if he didn't go top 10.

I agree with his take on Daniels almost entirely… but one thing that stands out as cautionary (not necessarily something that will carry over) aside from size is how long he has to throw or make a decision to run. And when he makes the decision how clean he generally is. The NFL will not look like that. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I agree with his take on Daniels almost entirely… but one thing that stands out as cautionary (not necessarily something that will carry over) aside from size is how long he has to throw or make a decision to run. And when he makes the decision how clean he generally is. The NFL will not look like that. 

I am slowly watching Daniels.  I'll give him though that he has some wiggle, ironically so does Howell, to dodge pressure in the pocket, he dances well laterally in the pocket.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am slowly watching Daniels.  I'll give him though that he has some wiggle, ironically so does Howell, to dodge pressure in the pocket, he dances well laterally in the pocket.

Yup. I like Daniels. More than the other QBs. But he loses some of his “zip”/luster for me if he’s a top 5 guy. 

But he’s cleaner than Williams or Maye I think. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cupp I noticed mocks that I've looked at have him late round or UDFA.  But I'll watch him.

I've the ones I've watched, no dark horse player type yet has stuck with me.  I liked Breven Span-Ford when I watched him last year but i read he had a down year so I need to catch up.

I'll watch Theo.  He among others is on my list.  If i had to pick a TE in that mid round range that is growing on me. i'll write something up on him soon it would be Ben Sinnott. 

Good blocker.  He reminds me of a mix of Stover from this draft and Whyle from the last draft.  They lined him in the back field -- HB back a lot.  Some times in line, sometimes wide.  Not a burner but has OK speed.  Strong hands, and is a hard dude to take down in open field.  Good blocker.  

Watched him a bunch today. I really like him day two. If we pull from the 49er tree for our FO, Id bet he'd be high on the radar.

• Like 1