Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

14 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Who’s done that, @Skinsinparadise?:bye:

Never seen a mock like that. :ols:  But to me mocks are pure entertainment value right now.  I also have noticed over the years if a mock drafter does something that might come off a bit wacky or different, their mocks and by extension they get attention and play.  If yours looks like everyone else than it seems to be yawn. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

59 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm open for anything this offseason to be honest. I'll trust our new regime to do the right thing.

Personally I'd like to stick with Howell, I was one of his earliest fans behind KDawg and I'm still a believer, but I'll trust the process. Finally.

Agree, I’ve got the same view. Trust the new regime and back their decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Where do you all see Brenden Rice being drafted? He has the size and speed to make a great X and I do love a pedigreed player.

He's definitely going to be a riser for me. He really stood out the little bit I've watched. He's gonna make Pop Rice proud I think.

Obvious, but there are going to be a butt-load of OT's drafted in rounds 1-3. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Never seen a mock like that. :ols:  But to me mocks are pure entertainment value right now.  I also have noticed over the years if a mock drafter does something that might come off a bit wacky or different, their mocks and by extension they get attention and play.  If yours looks like everyone else than it seems to be yawn. 

One thing you've been on lately and most mocks agree, there seems to be a concensus the Giants are going QB with their 1st if one of the top 3 are there.

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

One thing you've been on lately and most mocks agree, there seems to be a concensus the Giants are going QB with their 1st if one of the top 3 are there.

That one is easy.  Seems like the obvious thing for them to do.  NY media has harped on it.  Their fans clearly are on it on twitter from what I saw.  Giants have had their scouts all over these QBs from what I read.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Does anyone know if Theo Johnson TE PSU is coming out this year, because if so, I have a new draft crush.

6'6" 265 4.54 40 soft hands, poor, but willing tackler.

He's coming out, I noticed mock drafts have him in th mid-rounds, I haven't watched him yet aside from in real time a little

5 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Unless our QB is throwing a crap-ton of picks, is this really an important attribute for a TE ?     I kid, I kid...

TE has to block. Doesn't need to be a monster, but he has to block. Otherwise you have a bigger tell if its pass or run, than Wylies leg.

The Jordan Reed, Fred Davis types that put zero effort into blocking suck ass.

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

TE has to block. Doesn't need to be a monster, but he has to block. Otherwise you have a bigger tell if its pass or run, than Wylies leg.

The Jordan Reed, Fred Davis types that put zero effort into blocking suck ass.

Couldn't agree more.  "Sleepy" Fred was one of the most infuriating players we've ever had.  And that's saying something

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's coming out, I noticed mock drafts have him in th mid-rounds, I haven't watched him yet aside from in real time a little

Cupp and Johnson are two guys we should definitely be targeting. I wonder if they rise up draft boards, since the position has been becoming more of a focus.

Your boy LaPorta is going to have everyone looking at TEs earlier.

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

I like Chris's mock with us landing Fashanu *right now. OT Jordan Morgan is appropriately mocked in the 1st IMO. He's underrated.

I didn't realize Morgan was a 2023 likely 1st rounder before tearing his ACL and returning. I will take an injury discount on any player of that caliber assuming medicals check out.

Hypothetical ... but if we somehow managed to make our way up to #3 and let's just say the Giants end up at #5. 

Would you trade them #3 knowing they're going to come up and draft a QB at #3?

They're the main team behind us that would definitely need/want a QB that would still keep us in range of getting Fashanu.

Trade them #3 for #5 and #37 and maybe a 2025 2nd round pick? We get Fashanu, an extra #2 and a future 2nd/3rd?

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hypothetical ... but if we somehow managed to make our way up to #3 and let's just say the Giants end up at #5. 

They're the main team behind us that would definitely need/want a QB that would still keep us in range of getting Fashanu.

Trade them #3 for #5 and #37 and maybe a 2025 2nd round pick? We get Fashanu, an extra #2 and a future 2nd/3rd?

Depends on if we are going QB ourself or not. If we are staying with Howell? Sure I make that trade. 

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If we take Harrison and the team at 3 takes Daniels, the Giants are still out on QB.

Although at 5, I'll assume that both OTs are there, so is Bowers. Harrison probably gone. 

I don't know if I would.

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If we take Harrison and the team at 3 takes Daniels, the Giants are still out on QB.

Although at 5, I'll assume that both OTs are there, so is Bowers. Harrison probably gone. 

I don't know if I would.

I love Harrison myself. But I would be willing to give him up for Fashanu and two extra 2nds.

• Like 1

Theo Johnson has all the prototypical size you want in a TE, but he just didn't have the stats you'd expect.  Honestly, it was surprising since Penn State was breaking in a new QB and almost never threw the ball deep.  Johnson had a few really bad drops in some early games, Tyler Warren was the more dependable TE.

Also, if character issues are a thing, I have no idea what led up to it, but Johnson was in the doghouse a bit for being involved in a fight with several fraternity brothers at their house just before the season started.  He didn't miss any games over it, but not the sort of thing you want one of your team captains involved in.

On another note, Penn State has become a tight end factory for some reason.  They haven't produced a Sam LaPorta type, but in the past decade, they've put Jesse James, Pat Freiermuth, Mike Gesicki, and Brenton Strange into the league, and I suppose they could also claim Juwan Johnson even though he spent his last college season somewhere else.  Johnson, Warren, and Zach Kuntz (now with Old Dominion) are probably in the league next year too.  I'm not sure why this has happened.