Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

39 minutes ago, Dexter said:

If Cooper Beebe is there in Round 3 then you sprint to the podium.  

But overall I am really excited about Round 2.  I think we are going to get a stud to fall to us at #36.  Could be Mims or even Barton....I just hope we keep getting QBs to go in the first round, it will only push more talent into Round 2.

I'm having a little trouble sussing out Beebe's draft stock.  Mick drafters are super low on him, but he feels like a top 40 player to me.  I don't understand the case against him.  I would be stoked about the value on Beebe if we trade down from 40 into the mid 50s.  I feel like hedge against "reaching" on him in the mid second by getting another player from the exchange.

I've been thinking about who I want the most at 36, and I think the final answer for me is Kingsley (provided the work ethic and character checks out).  I think his upside is All Pro OT.  I think he's smart and he has the best natural strength and hand eye coordination and hand speed in the class.  There's a lot reps where he loses the hand battle early and guys get leverage on him and they just can't bench him.  He can anchor just by leaning into them, and meanwhile he clears your hands and now he's got his hands on you and he's snatching you down before you can even react.

If this kid was efficient and consistently got early wins, I think he would have a case for OT1.  His run blocking is meh, but his potential in pass pro is elite.  I really hope this isn't a situation where the mock drafters are far lower on this guy than the NFL is.  I hope he doesn't end up going in the first round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mims is one of my favs. Yes I know about his injury history but unless am missing something they weren't of the long term serious variety that linger

Pass on Mims due to injury history. Talented but I believe will ride the pine.  If we stand pat, I am hoping for a Morgan (I know his arms are short be he can deal) at LT and Rosengartner at RT.  :)  

19 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rewatched TEs almost all day long, my final rankings

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 9.07.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 9.07.55 PM.png

Real good ranking, SIP.

Here is how they went in the ES Mock Draft:

Brock Bowers   Georgia              Jr            TE          12          DEN

Ja'Tavion Sanders          Texas    Jr            TE          57          TAM

Theo Johnson   Penn State         Jr            TE          94          SFN

Ben Sinnott       Kansas State    Jr            TE           97          CIN

Cade Stover      Ohio State         Sr          TE           101       NCP

Jared Wiley       TCU                     Sr           TE        102       SEA

Erick All             Iowa                   Sr          TE           110       LAC

Tanner McLachlan Arizona        Sr          TE             111       NYJ                     

AJ Barner           Michigan            Sr          TE          157       TEN

Jaheim Bell       Florida State     Jr            TE           192       WAS

Tip Reiman        Illinois                Jr            TE          196       LAR

Dallin Holker    Colorado St.     Jr            TE             219       GBP

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Interesting, McConkey or Thomas drops? Medicals are usually the sneaky reason why some of us are floored that certain players drop in the draft.

I'm always a little suspect of the teams "releasing" these lists.  What about Mims?

:229:The Rook

On 4/18/2024 at 4:07 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree with the spirit of the point, not the hit on McConkey but Pearsall to me is close.  McConkey is the better YAC guy but Pearsall is a similar player aside from that.  Both excellent IMO.

Agree.  I mention him on an off. As to the slot-combined Z types.  he's in that next tier to me, maybe tops after McConkey, Pearsall, Wilson.

Also in that tier IMO is @Koolblue13's guy Malik Washington.  Thrash might be a better slot in the NFL even though he was an outside WR in the NFL, he's really good too.

I love that 2nd tier and even third tier at slot this year.

Yeah, I love them both too, and its nice he has the athleticism, but I'm not sold it's all that meaningful, once you're reasonably fast and athletic, your fine, the data from combine testing on WR's doesn't seem to connect w/success rate beyond being in basic thresholds, and Pearsall is beyond fine in terms of the thresholds. 

Fun little exercise here from JP Finley.  I post this purely for entertainment. Not maknig any statement. It's two guys messing around. That's literally all it's worth. But again thoguht it was entertaining, especailly sicne they go past #2. 

I will say, as they both did, I would be really surprised if the team doesn't move back into the 1st rd for a OT. But you never know. 

On 4/18/2024 at 5:20 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree the top 3 WRs are insane 

In recent weeks I've seen a ton of guys argue that they are the best top 3 since '14, Scott Barrett poo poo'd the idea, he see's it as similar to '22, but I don't think the top of '22 was really close to these guys. I don't think Odunze is w/them, I think Nabers had one of those metrics based god mode years like Chase in '19, MHJR is just considered one of the best prospects ever and Odunze seems more like a guy whose typically the top WR in a really good class, like Garrett Wilson, which makes it the best top end I've ever seen or at least since like '96 and '14. 

On 4/18/2024 at 6:37 AM, mhd24 said:

Bowers is getting slept on big time in this draft due to his position.  The Jets should run to the podium and take him if he's there at 10 over any of the OL. He's just a much better player than those guys are.  He isn't going past Indy at 15, that's for sure.

Heck, if I were Atlanta, I'd consider trading Pitts for a 2nd and taking Bowers at 8.  Use the two 2nds and two 3rd you have all on defense.

I think it comes down to franchising # and those kinds of requirements alongside the salary cap #'s of the top producing options. The Best TE's in the league make 12-15 mill on their 2nd and 3rd deals, if you're picked top five you're making around 9-10 mill. It's not the best use of cap money to be investing draft capital and salary cap $$$ on guys like that. It just isn't, you have to think of how to allocate your $$$, and if you can find Laporta's and Mayer's and Kincaids and Mark Andrews on the regular between slot 25-75 for a fraction of that money, why are you spending top 5 draft capital as well? Just doesn't make sense. TE, like RB, is a situation where the salary cap #'s and value get distorted to the greatest degree (Center is probably another). 

Bowers is almost certainly gonna hit, but if you take him where he belongs (top 5 or 6) he's already being paid 4-5x Laporta's salary, and around 65-80% of top 3-5 veteran TE salary. Your money and draft capital could just be better used on the positions that are far more costly in free agency, where the benefits to your cap are far more pronounced (QB, OT, WR, Edge, DT, maybe CB).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

In recent weeks I've seen a ton of guys argue that they are the best top 3 since '14, Scott Barrett poo poo'd the idea, he see's it as similar to '22, but I don't think the top of '22 was really close to these guys. I don't think Odunze is w/them, I think Nabers had one of those metrics based god mode years like Chase in '19, MHJR is just considered one of the best prospects ever and Odunze seems more like a guy whose typically the top WR in a really good class, like Garrett Wilson, which makes it the best top end I've ever seen or at least since like '96 and '14. 

Odunze belongs with those two because the X receiver position he plays is very hard to find. He is a better prospect than Wilson and London from 22

5 hours ago, FlyBigBeard said:

Thanks for the info/heads up Xavier , now we jump into first round at #32 and take him haha 👍 

No surprise. He must remind Canales of DK who he had in Seattle when he was their PGC

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Mims is the home run swing to end all home run swings at T. If he hits you're getting Trent Williams 2.0. But man is it a massive risk. 

I think if you can get him for a 2nd and 3rd, you kind of have to go up and get him

27 minutes ago, method man said:

I think if you can get him for a 2nd and 3rd, you kind of have to go up and get him

Ehhh....na I wouldn't. I'm fine sitting at 36 and taking whoever the best is left between Saumatia, Amigadje etc. I don't think there is THAT much of a difference.

The only T I'd trade 36 and 67 for would be Fashanu if he fell(or Fuaga but no chance).

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Hmm...

Guess we won't have a shot at Leggette.

Damn Carolina, saddled us with talents like Norwell, Rivera and Turner and now they may take XL from us. I would love him at 36

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Mims is the home run swing to end all home run swings at T. If he hits you're getting Trent Williams 2.0. But man is it a massive risk. 

I think his best case scenario is even more than Trent.  To me Kinglsey is more like the Trent of the class if he hits his absolute best case scenario.  Mims is like Jonathan Ogden in physical stature.  Dawand without the sloppy weight, or like a rich man's Jordan Mailata.  You're talking about the biggest and longest OT in the NFL, only without any bad weight on him.  His spider chart is insane:

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/amarius-mims

• Like 2

Jon Ledyard WR rankings:

Round 1 - Elite Starters

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State
2. Malik Nabers, LSU
3. Rome Odunze, Washington

Round 2 - Good Starters

4. Jermaine Burton, Alabama
5. Ja’Lynn Polk, Washington
6. Troy Franklin, Oregon
7. Brian Thomas, LSU
8. Adonai Mitchell, Texas

Round 3 - Solid Starters/No. 3 Receivers

9. Ladd McConkey, Georgia
10. Xavier Legette, South Carolina
11. Xavier Worthy, Texas
12. Javon Baker, UCF
13. Keon Coleman, Florida State
14. Ricky Pearsall, Florida
15. Roman Wilson, Michigan

Round 4 - Depth/Role Players

16. Devontez Walker, UNC
17. Malik Washington, UVA
18. Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky
19. Jalen McMillan, Washington
20. Brenden Rice, USC

7 hours ago, sebestian said:

2 QB - Maye

36 T - Guyton 

40 S - Nubin

67 G - Haynes

78 E - Elliss

100 WR - Thrash

139 CB - Newton

152 TE - Holker

222 RB - Laub

Not thrilled with 36 and 40.There were a lot of players I like better. 

I think they look to trade back a little with one of them. So many good 2nd and 3rd round players.

We haven't talked a lot recently about Nubin but he does fit what the staff is looking for, physical and a ball hawk.

Pretty darn good draft after the 2nd round! Would like to see a LB added with an extra pick

• Like 1

I'm 100% out on Guyton.  I get the appeals to upside.  I see the mirror speed and the size.  But he doesn't have that dog in him.  Motor sucks.  Zero nastiness.  The softest run blocker in the class by far.  Actually looks sulky when he's asked to move block in the run game, when that is what good OLs live for.  He's also pretty stiff and has bad grip strength in addition to the effort, awareness, focus, and aggression issues.

He's better than Jaelyn Duncan, but he reminds me of Jaelyn Duncan.  Duncan was horrendous on film, and was one of the worst players in the NFL as a rookie.  He managed to give up 9 sacks in just 364 snaps and had a 32.9 PFF grade.  Guyton isn't the absolute trainwreck in pass pro that Duncan was, but he's also a baby **** soft player who put too many flat out bad reps on film to ignore.  Guys like this bust.

We'd be better off lighting our card on fire and picking nobody than drafting Guyton at 36.

• Thanks 1