Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

What does everyone here thing about Xavier Worthy, out of Texas? We could use a big play, elite speed guy to take the top off and relieve Terry of some pressure. 

I feel like we have that in McLaurin and Dotson, but our offense was so poorly run last year across the board. Our Oline couldn’t pick up stunts for the life of them 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I feel like we have that in McLaurin and Dotson, but our offense was so poorly run last year across the board. Our Oline couldn’t pick up stunts for the life of them 

I think of Jahan more as a slot guy that can occasionally get open deep. He’s not a high end speed guy.

Terry is fast and can get deep. I think of him more as a do everything guy. But imagine another speed guy drawing safety coverage away from Terry. 

We currently do have another burner, in Samuel, but, I think we are likely to let him leave. 

Do we want to go in to next season with a new QB and less receiving talent and receiving speed than we had on the field this season? 

I don’t think it’s as high a priority as QB/OL or maybe even TE, but I would do SOMETHING.

Obviously, we are going to address some of these issues in FA

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I lean JPJ, but I am about as high on the 3 top centers as I am on Beebe. Day 1 starters on most teams. If we can grab one of those guys or two, I'll jump for joy.

OT I like as projects, not starters outside of a few.

Tone can be difficult to get across on a message board, so this is a genuine question and not stark. You don’t have any concern with a rookie center and rookie qb, starting day 1?

31 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Tone can be difficult to get across on a message board, so this is a genuine question and not stark. You don’t have any concern with a rookie center and rookie qb, starting day 1?

I don't. Not if they're both going to come up together ala Manning and Saturday. 

If we were trying to go to the SB this coming season, it would be different, but we're building a team and it'll take a couple years.

I'm also extremely high on all three centers (and Beebe). Even if we signed a veteran center, they're never going to be a Kelce, Humphries or Ragnow. 

If we get (Im drawing a blank on the Detroit OL coach) and give him a young OL to mold and it takes some lumps this year, it's fine. 

I'd feel great drafting Beebe and JPJ (or any of the 3 C), and Kiran and Paul in the 3/4 round range to groom. 

In three years, we have a very young dominant OL on a rookie contract, with a QB that is hitting stride.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Zach Frazier, along with Zak Zinter, are 2 OL that look excellent value. But when looking it seems they are both injured still ??

then add Beebe to the mix as an OL target of mine.

Im guessing these would be round 2-4 options, Beebe being the highest ranked ?

Edited by Est.1974

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Zach Frazier, along with Zak Zinter, are 2 OL that look excellent value. But when looking it seems they are both injured still ??

then add Beebe to the mix as an OL target of mine.

Im guessing these would be round 2-4 options, Beebe being the highest ranked ?

The Z's both coming back from fractures feel much more appealing than players with knees. The recovery time is usually longer. That said, Zinter's injuries were more severe than Fraziers. Teams will be all over his medicals. If he is coming long yes, these two were some of the higher ranked IOL pre-injury. My guess is 3-4 rounds with Frazier going first.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Conn said:

didn’t expect this 

I like a bunch of RBs in this mix.  Corum included.  But I am not in the camp here that he's a first rounder or even an early 2nd rounder.  To me he's a late 2nd at the highest or more likely 3rd rounder.

He's going to be 24 his rookie season.   Stats wise he doesn't jump on a number of metrics.  However, he cleary does for TDs.  And they relied on him so much in short yardage situations that it will depress his stats.  He's also a really high intangibles player -- locker room guy. 

I like Corum but am not in the Corum or bust camp.   Benson, J. Wright, Lloyd are up there too among others as third round-4th round types IMO.  Though Lloyd will be 24 at the end of his rookie season so I think that will also have him fall.   I noticed a dude I really like Ray Davis will be 25 his rookie season, that's nuts for a rookie season.  I think the ages for these guys will be a factor.  I like Estime and Allen both are only 20 but alas they are both power backs types and we already have two of those types on the roster. 

As to doing this as to an age-speed fit here, among the ones I watched I'd go Benson, Wright.  I am guessing Benson might be like Corum late 2nd-early 3rd.  Wright later third-4th?  I like Brooks but I've already seen one RB here taken with an ACL tear and that didn't end well. 

Pass catching -- Irving, Watson.  I like Corum, Lloyd, Davis but at that age, we likely get a short lived run with them.

PFF metrics, rankings below

Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 7.54.17 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Corum but am not in the Corum or bust camp

When I first looked at RB's - 6-8 weeks or so ago I stated I think I prefer Donovan Edwards to Corum - not that Corum is not good. Edwards is headed back to school though. Tyrone Tracey is a new name for me. Steele I don't see much in but will take another gander.

Don't you all think that Peters moves down with one of our 2nd and 3rds?  He probably moves down again in the 4th.  I see a minimum of 12 picks in this draft.  Dudes got a lot of work to do.  I want the Lions to win but I more so want them to put up points and lose so we can hire Ben and get our coaching staff in place.  Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

When I first looked at RB's - 6-8 weeks or so ago I stated I think I prefer Donovan Edwards to Corum - not that Corum is not good. Edwards is headed back to school though. Tyrone Tracey is a new name for me. Steele I don't see much in but will take another gander.

Tracy was at iowa transfered to Purdue where they converted him from a receiver to a RB.   He was one of the better kick returners in college last year. 

I couldn't find any condensed Purdue offense games so he's a rare case where I just watched highlights.  His highlights are inpressive albiet highlights from most players are impressive so I get to take it with a grain of salt.

But you can see his upside.  Feisty runner with good speed and power.  Nice jump cut.  Contact balance.   Breaks tackles.  Runs a bit upright.

As a receiver he showcased good YAC ability.  He has the best yards after contact numbers in this group.

Based on that, feels like a 49ers type player?  Peters?  Poor man's Mccaffrey type?

I know some are sour on the Wr converted to RB drill because of Gibson.  But Gibson had a good career here, he just didn't explode the way we wanted.   It was interesting to hear from Logan Paulsen that Gibson isn't considered in that building a good route runner and that's part of the reason why he suspected they didn't use him much in the passing game.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

I've heard multiple times from Jim Nagy interviews about how the back end of the draft is equal to UDFA level from past years. Not that they couldn't find a diamond in the rough. Was wondering what people think about them packaging their 5th, 6th and 7th round pick to obtain an extra 3rd rounder (or 4th if necessary)?

9 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Was wondering what people think about them packaging their 5th, 6th and 7th round pick to obtain an extra 3rd rounder (or 4th if necessary)?

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Rounds 3-5 appear to offer the most bang for your buck IMO and as many picks in that range I could net would be something I would pursue.

• Like 1

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Rounds 3-5 appear to offer the most bang for your buck IMO and as many picks in that range I could net would be something I would pursue.

That's not how Peters works most of the time though. He's like Beathard.  He gets gems in the mid to late rounds of the drafts.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Really liking a late round RB -  sparkplug Kimani Vidal of Troy Trojans.  Sun Belt OPOY

I like him too. I'd prefer the RB from Marshall in that same range or even better Ray Davis. We need some legit speed in the backfield IMO.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

That's not how Peters works most of the time though. He's like Beathard.  He gets gems in the mid to late rounds of the drafts.  

If he's like Bobby B. we're in good hands.

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

His team-mate Jarrian Jones is also good.

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 2