Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

14 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Kamari Lassiter and Kam Kitchens, what are the general draft projections for these two?

Kinchens is a top 20 talent that will go late first to mid 2nd. I think he's the best safety

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Kinchens is a top 20 talent that will go late first to mid 2nd. I think he's the best safety

Thanks. I know we have a serious need on the OL but Peters strikes me as a guy who will want to draft a few ‘tone setters’ in his first draft. 

Kinchens looks to me like a players he’d bring in given the chance.

Edited by Est.1974

43 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Sign Jonah Jackson and Biadasz or Williams. That gives you Leno-Jackson-Biadasz/Williams-Cosmi-??? and you can focus on Tackles heading into the draft.

I think we will be very fortunate to get a QB and a top OT, feels like this year the choice is simple. Stick and get a premier QB, tackle has to wait, or trade back and get a franchise OT and settle for a second tier QB.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I think we will be very fortunate to get a QB and a top OT, feels like this year the choice is simple. Stick and get a premier QB, tackle has to wait, or trade back and get a franchise OT and settle for a second tier QB.

No good OT available in the 2nd or 3rd?

We have plenty of needs so can focus on TE, CB, DE, and LB anyway.

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

No good OT available in the 2nd or 3rd?

We have plenty of needs so can focus on TE, CB, DE, and LB anyway.

I just think real value at our picks will take us down a different route. I can see IOL on day 2.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Sign Jonah Jackson and Biadasz or Williams. That gives you Leno-Jackson-Biadasz/Williams-Cosmi-??? and you can focus on Tackles heading into the draft.

I definitely think Jonah Jackson will be signed by the Commanders.  We need an OL from that team along with Fraley to coach up Johnson's system.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

I definitely think Jonah Jackson will be signed by the Commanders.  We need an OL from that team along with Fraley to coach up Johnson's system.  

I agree. I also think he is going to favor athletic lineman over size. Someone like Guyton at RT with our 1st second rounder.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree. I also think he is going to favor athletic lineman over size. Someone like Guyton at RT with our 1st second rounder.

I think that might be high for Guyton but let's see how it plays out, clskinsfan.  I definitely think OL is the pick with our 1st 2nd rounder. 

Edited by RWJ

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

1st SECOND rounder my friend :)

So many teams are projected to get OTs in this draft and there are some dandies but not enough to go into the 2nd round unless they slide for some reason.  I don't want to see us give up draft pick(s) to move up for one but we desperately need a LT and RT.  No doubt.  As we have agreed we can get Jonah Jackson who is good and very young from Detroit and have Cosmi at the other OG position.  It be sweet to get Graham Glasgow also from Detroit to play OC but he'd want OG money and rightly so.  

On 1/23/2024 at 8:42 PM, OtisDriftwood25 said:

He just ran for 1100 yards in SEC and was only out one quarter. 

who is gonna put him out, cowboys safety playing linebacker or eagles undersized linebackers. They said the same thing about Devonta Smith.

So, with Adam Peters, Harris and Co. and the Advisory Team busy nailing down Ben Johnson and a DC we have our scouts down in Mobile, AL. hopefully but here is something to take into account.  Wonder if Harris would hire Jim Nagy, Senior Bowl Exec. Director?  Peters and Nagy worked together.

17 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Its also a really good FA for the center position. I would go after Biadasz. Strengthen our team and weaken an opponent. 

This is a good idea.  I didn't realize Biadasz was a free agent.

I was a big Biadasz fan when he was at Wisconsin.  Not going to lie, him being a Cowboy kind of sullied him for me and made me forget about him/root against him.  I'd be all for signing him, and I doubt he'd be expensive.

Andre James is the other really good option but I think he'll cost a little more.  I thought he was under contract for another season, but it appears he's a free agent too.

FA dollars on a center feels like a salary cap hack because the potential impact of acquiring a mainstay center with some veteran eyes to help a rookie QB read pressures is absolutely enormous, and the guys cost like six or seven million AAV.  There is almost nothing else that could offer that kind of bang for your buck.

I'd kind of still want to draft Van Pran in the third round though.  That early third is my Georgia player value pick.  Van Pran, Rateledge, or McConkey.  I want some high quality OL pipeline talen even if we sign multiple vet starters in FA, because the only prospect in development that I find intriguing any more is Braeden Daniels.

I like an OL room of: Charles Leno, Sam Cosmi, Tyler Biadasz, someone like Kevin Dotson, Andrew Wylie, Patrick Paul, Ricky Stromberg, Braeden Daniels, Cornelius Lucas, and Sedrick Van Pran/Tate Rateledge/Zak Zinter.  We can get that from one of our seconds, one of our third, and like 10-12 million dollars of our cap space.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, RWJ said:

So many teams are projected to get OTs in this draft and there are some dandies but not enough to go into the 2nd round unless they slide for some reason.  I don't want to see us give up draft pick(s) to move up for one but we desperately need a LT and RT.  No doubt.  As we have agreed we can get Jonah Jackson who is good and very young from Detroit and have Cosmi at the other OG position.  It be sweet to get Graham Glasgow also from Detroit to play OC but he'd want OG money and rightly so.  

Our need at OT isn't desperate.  IOL is where our need is desperate.  Leno and Wylie are very underrated by this fan base.  And there are 10 OTs in this class good enough to go top 50.  Do you think one in three picks before 36 will be OT?  I definitely don't.  OT is the deepest position first and second round position this year, we'll be fine letting the draft come to us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Our need at OT isn't desperate.  IOL is where our need is desperate.  Leno and Wylie are very underrated by this fan base.  And there are 10 OTs in this class good enough to go top 50.  Do you think one in three picks before 36 will be OT?  I definitely don't.  OT is the deepest position first and second round position this year, we'll be fine letting the draft come to us.

We will see. I am a big believer points were down this year because tackle play was so bad. This year is exactly what the league needed. We need to take every opportunity to build a top 5 line. 

When you look at points you look at offensive line. Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills, Lions, 49ers.

Edited by OtisDriftwood25

11 hours ago, RWJ said:

A lot of the mocks have had anywhere from 6-9 OTs in Rd. 1. I know it’s a super strong draft but historically there’s never been more than 6 in the last 5 years and the average is 4.2 before pick 36. 

could we see 6? 7? For sure. But I’ve got to think it’s unlikely the cupboard will be dry by 36. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

The only OT I'd trade up for is Fuaga, but he'll be long gone.  Otherwise, I'm with you GC and let the draft come to us.  We'll get an option at IOL with our 2nd rounders.  Heck, I think getting Onwenwu in FA (to play RT), and shifting Wylie to G dramatically improves the OL.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

This is a good idea.  I didn't realize Biadasz was a free agent.

I was a big Biadasz fan when he was at Wisconsin.  Not going to lie, him being a Cowboy kind of sullied him for me and made me forget about him/root against him.  I'd be all for signing him, and I doubt he'd be expensive.

Andre James is the other really good option but I think he'll cost a little more.  I thought he was under contract for another season, but it appears he's a free agent too.

FA dollars on a center feels like a salary cap hack because the potential impact of acquiring a mainstay center with some veteran eyes to help a rookie QB read pressures is absolutely enormous, and the guys cost like six or seven million AAV.  There is almost nothing else that could offer that kind of bang for your buck.

I'd kind of still want to draft Van Pran in the third round though.  That early third is my Georgia player value pick.  Van Pran, Rateledge, or McConkey.  I want some high quality OL pipeline talen even if we sign multiple vet starters in FA, because the only prospect in development that I find intriguing any more is Braeden Daniels.

I like an OL room of: Charles Leno, Sam Cosmi, Tyler Biadasz, someone like Kevin Dotson, Andrew Wylie, Patrick Paul, Ricky Stromberg, Braeden Daniels, Cornelius Lucas, and Sedrick Van Pran/Tate Rateledge/Zak Zinter.  We can get that from one of our seconds, one of our third, and like 10-12 million dollars of our cap space.

I too was a fan of Biadasz. I was surprised he lasted until  the end of the 4th and upset he landed in Dallas. While limited he has a lot of experience to the C position and probably would not be very expensive. Would be a great fit to team up with Strom behind him. 

I am a little surprised to see JPJ and Van Pran being listed as 3rd rounders. I see both of them gone before the 3rd round due to their position. I love the way JPJ has grown on a lot of posters, just hope that isn't the case anyplace but in Washington :806:  That said, I'm more inclined to want a solid vet C already signed before the draft. I don't want to enter the draft needy and a lot of positions. My frustration have fun over in recent years with how we have been going into the drafts with so many needs. You just can't select the best players that way

9 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

The only OT I'd trade up for is Fuaga, but he'll be long gone.  Otherwise, I'm with you GC and let the draft come to us.  We'll get an option at IOL with our 2nd rounders.  Heck, I think getting Onwenwu in FA (to play RT), and shifting Wylie to G dramatically improves the OL.

I love Fuaga and would trade both our 2nds to move into pick 15 range and grab him. I also like Mims and Latham and would trade a 2nd and 3rd to move into the 20 ish range to grab either.

Its time to start taking swings and going for elite blue chip talent.

• Like 3