Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Penix pressured. Throws a duck. Not even sure if he is my 4 anymore. There is definitely a massive gap between the top 3 and the rest imo. And a significant gap between the top 2 and number 3. Thank you Jesus for getting us pick number 2.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I think Penix was trying to throw that away - but you can’t just throw it up for grabs. He’s not handled pressure well at all tonight - which will be an issue. His accuracy has been spotty as well.

• Thumb up 2

Just now, mh86 said:

Not sure who was selling penix as the potential #3 QB, but he’s looked awful. His throwing motion is ugly and he’s been making some real bad reads.

Me. I was. I was selling him as my #3. .Well he is playing like ****. 

• Like 1

While Penix has been awful tonight and has solidified he isn’t top 3… that pick was in large part due to his undersized center standing directly on top of his right foot. 

And off topic… Washington has a guy named Fellotio and Penix?

• Haha 6

Just now, skinsmania123 said:

Me. I was. I was selling him as my #3. .Well he is playing like ****. 

It’s not all his fault, but he’s certainly not helping his case

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Bo Nix lookin to round out the top 4 now.  Penix struggles under pressure….and he’ll be facing pressure errrr Sunday.  No thanks

i am not real high in Nix. But he is deadly with quick passing and that counters pressure. I might be moving him up to 4. A QB that folds under pressure has no chance in the NFL. None. 

• Like 2

Single games are never a referendum on a player's ability or potential.  But Penix was never an early first round talent. He's a second round guy, aka the southpaw Jimmy Garappalo.  Good enough to take a shot with if you're outside of the blue chip QB range, but the people putting him in the same tier as Maye and Williams were tripping.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Penix just has no interest in putting any weight or pressure in his right leg. And that was before the ankle. Makes his throwing motion look horrid at times. I am going to be interested to see what his medicals look like. We will know on draft night by how far he falls. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Michigan is making a major mistake letting the Huskies hang around.

They're going to sweat this one out.  They had 200 rushing yards to 32 in the first half and were only up by seven.

Georgia would have beaten the crap out of both of these teams.

Those who question Penix are not understanding the game. The injury to Washington running back is letting Michigan stop the run with light boxes. He is throwing against 4 man rush with pressure most downs. 

Edited by OtisDriftwood25