Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Oh Baby WE ARE BACK!!! I had a frikin mental breakdown without my draft talk.

I have been worried that the lights are gonna get cut off here since the sale happened.  We should probably make a contingency plan to migrate the draft discussion for the day they finally close us down.  I think discord servers are free, but they are apparently difficult to moderate.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I have been worried that the lights are gonna get cut off here since the sale happened.  We should probably make a contingency plan to migrate the draft discussion for the day they finally close us down.  I think discord servers are free, but they are apparently difficult to moderate.

We’re good for a bit. But, between you me and the wall, we should probably have a play for Q2 2024.

Whatever that play may be (including that plan not being necessary)

These businesses generally go quarter by quarter. So… thinking out loud here.

Edited by KDawg

Discord isn't so bad if you can keep it to a smallish server with normal moderation.  It's popular with a lot of different kinds of hobbyists.  The official Commanders discord looks pretty rough though.  My first glance at it was a bunch of people cussing each other out and someone saying we should have traded Terry McLaurin because he's in decline.  So we would need our own server to say the least.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Discord isn't so bad if you can keep it to a smallish server with normal moderation.  It's popular with a lot of different kinds of hobbyists.  The official Commanders discord looks pretty rough though.  My first glance at it was a bunch of people cussing each other out and someone saying we should have traded Terry McLaurin because he's in decline.  So we would need our own server to say the least.

Maybe I'm a bit of a boomer but I like message boards. Feel like Discord would just be too hard to keep up with. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Maybe I'm a bit of a boomer but I like message boards. Feel like Discord would just be too hard to keep up with. 

I use it for gaming, and it's kind of like a forum with an endless scroll.  I think it'd be decent for the pace of our discussion and content production in the draft thread, but not great for the whole forum.  It's free and much more similar to our current format than Reddit.  I'm not a big fan of Reddit because I don't like the upvote/downvote system.  My takes are too unpopular for that.

Looks pretty easy to make a discord server.  If we have to, I think it'd be a decent fallback for the draft thread specifically.  The official commanders discord server has a draft thread on it, but I was thinking that this community specifically should have our own.  We have a very different style than the guys in that server.

When the official Philadelphia Eagles message board was shut down a couple years ago, they gave us only about two weeks notice. Within a half hour of the announcement, one of the members had already set up a site. Within days, enough of us pitched in enough money to actually get it going. Virtually identical to what we had had. (And very similar to this site actually). We lost a bunch of members in the transition but we eventually migrated most of the folks over. We're now almost self supporting with money coming in from Amazon links that were set up.

If anything happens here, you might consider doing something similar, assuming you have people with significant computer expertise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, KDawg said:

We’re good for a bit. But, between you me and the wall, we should probably have a play for Q2 2024.

Whatever that play may be (including that plan not being necessary)

These businesses generally go quarter by quarter. So… thinking out loud here.

What are the subreddits like? I know there's an NFL Draft and Commanders subreddit. Reddit probably isn't the best forum for a message board. What do other teams/organizations do with their message boards?

16 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

What are the subreddits like? I know there's an NFL Draft and Commanders subreddit. Reddit probably isn't the best forum for a message board. What do other teams/organizations do with their message boards?

Reddit is a cesspool. Which makes it fun. But I couldn’t ever call it “home”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

I thought the hate for Jumbo was hilarious. When you think we've had the likes of Art (and TK) here, and everyone was just piling on poor Jumbo.

On a serious note I couldn't cope with being on Reddit. The language would make it NSFW for starters, plus needing karma I think it is, just to be able to post. Just awful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I was disappointed in the lack for mention for tr1

Ohhh man that guy was amazing. By far the biggest homer ever but I loved it. I remember when those Cowboy teams in the Romo era would always fall apart and looking forward to tr1 just destroying them.

Good times man...

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Ohhh man that guy was amazing. By far the biggest homer ever but I loved it. I remember when those Cowboy teams in the Romo era would always fall apart and looking forward to tr1 just destroying them.

Good times man...

I loved tr1 and bubba cranking on jerrah's boyz lol

30 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Call me crazy all you want, but I wouldn't mind Keon Coleman in the 1st round. 6'4 with great catch radius, and good RAC ability. Jahan and Terry ain't getting it done, but Keon and Terry could.

Him and Harrison Jr. are my top choices as well but no way we pick anywhere near high enough to get em. 

2 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Call me crazy all you want, but I wouldn't mind Keon Coleman in the 1st round. 6'4 with great catch radius, and good RAC ability. Jahan and Terry ain't getting it done, but Keon and Terry could.

Saud the same thing a couple of pages back. I would be good with it. And it could be no one saw it when the bills didnt get paid. :)

2 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Hes my trade down target if we move from fringe 7-10 range to mid to late teens 

For those that havent had a chance to see Coleman play. Mute it because I have no idea if the language is bad or not in the song. He reminds me of DK a little bit. And I actually hated DK coming out if you go back and look at my takes. I promised I wouldnt make that mistake again. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

A WR picked early makes sense with how much Howell spreads the ball around instead of forcing reads. We need better overall talent.

Dyami, Crowder, and Pringle all get more targets than they would with other QB's.

This team IMO has desperately needed a traditional X for years

• Like 1