Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To add a little.  Interesting looks like Dan talked. 

“This is a good outcome,” one of the people familiar with Monday’s deliberations said, predicting the sale will receive unanimous support from both the finance committee and the owners.

The sale is expected to close officially as soon as Friday. According to one of the people with knowledge of the deliberations, the findings of the NFL’s investigation into Snyder and the Commanders being conducted by attorney Mary Jo White could be released soon thereafter. Snyder spoke recently to White for her investigation, two people with knowledge of that conversation said.

White is leading the NFL’s second investigation of Snyder and his franchise. Snyder had declined to be interviewed by White, three people with direct knowledge of the league’s inner workings said in March. White was expected to make at least one more attempt before completing her investigation, one of those people said then.

It was not clear Monday how cooperative Snyder was in answering investigators’ questions during his meeting with White’s team, which is believed to have occurred this month.

The Washington Post reported in February that Snyder was seeking for the NFL to keep confidential the findings of White’s investigation. ESPN reported in May that Snyder and his attorneys were lobbying the NFL to limit the release of White’s report. The Commanders denied that report. Goodell has said the league will release White’s findings publicly even if Snyder sells the team.

White’s findings could lead to Goodell imposing a fine, a person familiar with the NFL’s inner workings has said. Rep. Jamie B. Raskin (Md.), the House Oversight Committee’s ranking Democrat, urged the NFL in a letter to Goodell last month to abide by its pledge to release the findings of White’s investigation and to impose any appropriate discipline.

So Danny must have had to meet with White as part of the agreement. It is however doubtful he truly answered any questions. Danny probably gave bare minimum...kinda like what he did for the franchise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To add a little.  Interesting looks like Dan talked. 

“This is a good outcome,” one of the people familiar with Monday’s deliberations said, predicting the sale will receive unanimous support from both the finance committee and the owners.

The sale is expected to close officially as soon as Friday. According to one of the people with knowledge of the deliberations, the findings of the NFL’s investigation into Snyder and the Commanders being conducted by attorney Mary Jo White could be released soon thereafter. Snyder spoke recently to White for her investigation, two people with knowledge of that conversation said.

White is leading the NFL’s second investigation of Snyder and his franchise. Snyder had declined to be interviewed by White, three people with direct knowledge of the league’s inner workings said in March. White was expected to make at least one more attempt before completing her investigation, one of those people said then.

It was not clear Monday how cooperative Snyder was in answering investigators’ questions during his meeting with White’s team, which is believed to have occurred this month.

The Washington Post reported in February that Snyder was seeking for the NFL to keep confidential the findings of White’s investigation. ESPN reported in May that Snyder and his attorneys were lobbying the NFL to limit the release of White’s report. The Commanders denied that report. Goodell has said the league will release White’s findings publicly even if Snyder sells the team.

White’s findings could lead to Goodell imposing a fine, a person familiar with the NFL’s inner workings has said. Rep. Jamie B. Raskin (Md.), the House Oversight Committee’s ranking Democrat, urged the NFL in a letter to Goodell last month to abide by its pledge to release the findings of White’s investigation and to impose any appropriate discipline.

Imposing a fine on the team post-Snyder? Not a fan.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Imposing a fine on the team post-Snyder? Not a fan.

I agree. I think the point of forcing a new owner is you start with a clean slate. You don't bring a new person in then handcuff them due to previous regimes actions. I would guess there might be some possible short term oversight to ensure the issues found are fully understood and are being adequately addressed. But fines or taking of draft picks would be counterproductive to the league. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think they can fix the mediocrity easily without a full rebuild 

Agreed, NFL is way different than the NBA. That doesn't mean you don't have some sort of process that involves prioritizing say OL in the draft every year on day 1 or 2. But it'll probably start with a process on building a front office, training, medical, nutrition, etc. 

33 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Agreed, NFL is way different than the NBA. That doesn't mean you don't have some sort of process that involves prioritizing say OL in the draft every year on day 1 or 2. But it'll probably start with a process on building a front office, training, medical, nutrition, etc. 

I think the closest thing to the process is tanking for a QB.  But otherwise its a lot different.

The Standig article is good.  Most who have covered Harris in Philly are fans.  2 reporters aren't.  His biggest critic is Howard Eskin.  Sheehan brought him on his show yet was somehow shocked he was a big critic.  I am surprised he was surprised because Eskin's beefs are all over twitter -- mainly that he's a "carpertbagger" thinks he personally doesn't know sports -- and hates everything he does including trying to move the 76ers downtown.  But otherwise, he has a lot of dudes who thought he did a nice job and is a good owner. 

Keim is willing to tell it as it is when he checks on people.  For example, when they were considering Pat Shurmur to be the new offensive coordinator, he got mixed takes about him when asking around.  But for Harris, he's heard overwhelmingly good things from those in the know.

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 11.23.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 11.24.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 11.25.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 11.26.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 11.26.51 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If there is something I think changes this summer it might be this.  As a reporter who covered the team speculated was the recent hire of an anayltics guy, this FO trying to preempt Harris by saying hey we dig anayltics, too?

i doubt anyone gets fired in the FO anytime soon.  But I also seriously doubt Harris will let it ride even this year having maybe the weakest anayltics department in the league,

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35189929/2022-nfl-analytics-survey-most-least-analytically-inclined-teams-overrated-underrated-players-more

Which NFL team is the least analytically advanced?

"I don't know much about [the Commanders and Titans]," one staffer said. Which is sort of the point -- analytics staffers often know each other and talk, the same way coaches know coaches and scouts know scouts.

That Tennessee and Washington have small analytics groups -- just one staffer each, to the best of my knowledge -- and their work isn't well known to their peers is a negative indicator. It doesn't rule out heavier quantitative involvement that isn't known to the outside, but when asked which teams are further behind from a data-analysis standpoint, those two teams are consistently brought up.

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 12.51.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 12.51.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 12.52.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 1.08.38 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise

16 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

So this being one of the biggest days of the franchise, it has to be its own holiday, what are we calling it?  I know ppl have said independence day part 2.  Liberation day?  Veinte uno de Julio?  We need a poll with better ideas than I can come up with.

HTTR Day.
Hail to the Redemption Day.

• Thumb up 1

Players being released on camera has long been a part of the show, with current Jets third-string quarterback Tim Boyle being released by the Lions in the Hard Knocks finale last season.

The three other teams unable to refuse “Hard Knocks” were the Bears, Commanders, and Saints.

Rather than run with one of those middling franchises, the NFL is likely chasing the lofty ratings that would follow the Jets.

Schefter also pointed out that the Commanders would’ve been in more consideration but their ownership situation led to that being a dead end.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/18/jets-warned-hbo-hard-knocks-wont-look-the-same/

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan brought him on his show yet was somehow shocked he was a big critic.  I am surprised he was surprised because Eskin's beefs are all over twitter -- mainly that he's a "carpertbagger" thinks he personally doesn't know sports -- and hates everything he does including trying to move the 76ers downtown.

Sheehan has gotten lazy. His icon status will take a while to crumble but he’s gotten petty, lazy, and just overall useless.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1