Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

image.thumb.png.2572338d292400a26a6b080998b810cf.png

Brad Johnson days until the sale is official!

Speaking of which, they rebroadcast the Dallas-Washington 1999 game on NFL Network yesterday.  I watched most of it.   Brad was decent.   They flashed so many times to Dan and Cerrato during the game.  They both looked so smug throughout.   It's beyond glorious to see the end of that clown show reign.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

On 7/3/2023 at 9:27 PM, Riggo#44 said:

There is only ONE 17 in my book.

CBS Sports profiles Redskins Camp - Hogs Haven

I had a back spasm tying my shoes, pulled a muscle in my shoulder yelling at my daughter that took a week and a half to heal.

please put me out of my misery - Sick Spiderman - quickmeme

Pulled a muscle in your shoulder?  Were you in the driver's seat turning to yell to the back seat?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Nope. Just yelling at her.

You should stretch before you yell at your age or yell more often. The intermittent yelling is what gets you.

The off season is a dangerous time. Prime yelling shape doesn’t peak until late September after a couple of regular season games are under the belt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I honestly thought we’d be saddled with that ****bag forever. I wish him the worst moving forward.

Damn what did Anthony Armstrong ever do to you, man 

• Haha 13

On 7/6/2023 at 8:23 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Speaking of which, they rebroadcast the Dallas-Washington 1999 game on NFL Network yesterday.  I watched most of it.   Brad was decent.   They flashed so many times to Dan and Cerrato during the game.  They both looked so smug throughout.   It's beyond glorious to see the end of that clown show reign.

The opener? That is the game that has given me nightmares for 25 years.  Typical Norv.  They were up 34-14 in the 4th. The Cowboys had an entire drive at the end of the game where they gave it to Emmit who just ran it down the field to score (I think) the tying TD. I think the 'Skins bungled a FG somewhere in there as well.  Then Aikman hit Rocket Ismail for the TD in overtime. I haven't watched a replay of that since it happened, and I can still see it clearly as though it was yesterday. 

I'd just as soon watch that debacle again as give myself a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it.  For whatever reason, that loss sticks out as the toughest I've ever been through.  I was only 8 when they lost the SB to the Raiders.  The 49ers playoff game after the 1992 season stung.  But for whatever reason, that 1999 opener is the one that haunts me.  

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The opener? That is the game that has given me nightmares for 25 years.  Typical Norv.  They were up 34-14 in the 4th. The Cowboys had an entire drive at the end of the game where they gave it to Emmit who just ran it down the field to score (I think) the tying TD. I think the 'Skins bungled a FG somewhere in there as well.  Then Aikman hit Rocket Ismail for the TD in overtime. I haven't watched a replay of that since it happened, and I can still see it clearly as though it was yesterday. 

I'd just as soon watch that debacle again as give myself a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it.  For whatever reason, that loss sticks out as the toughest I've ever been through.  I was only 8 when they lost the SB to the Raiders.  The 49ers playoff game after the 1992 season stung.  But for whatever reason, that 1999 opener is the one that haunts me.  

Yep.  It's wild how much they flashed to Dan and Cerrato in the box throughout the game. 

Now with the benefit of hindsight, it was cool to see them exasperated at the end.

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Dude….That was my first game as a season ticket holder and the one whose name will not be spoken’s first game as an owner.  As monumental of a collapse as I’ve ever seen and truly emblematic of what we as fans were about to experience under his ownership.

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

Dude….That was my first game as a season ticket holder and the one whose name will not be spoken’s first game as an owner.  As monumental of a collapse as I’ve ever seen and truly emblematic of what we as fans were about to experience under his ownership.

I remember this game vividly.  It was the largest collapse of a lead in franchise history, if I’m not mistaken.  That game oddly enough was a precursor to the absolute hell we were about to endure for the next quarter century.  What a microcosm of Snyder’s ownership in one game.  I realize that the 99 team went 10-6, and won a playoff game, but that creep sitting in the owner’s box, with his lackey Vinny Cerrato watching that collapse was a premonition of sorts.  Especially considering the offseason following the 99 season, where we went all in with old, over the hill FA’s, and tore down a team on the rise like idiots.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Dude….That was my first game as a season ticket holder and the one whose name will not be spoken’s first game as an owner..... truly emblematic of what we as fans were about to experience under his ownership.

Mine too. Although what was truly emblematic of Snyder was the next time we played Dallas. After the 4th quarter collapse in the opener, we won four in a row and were clicking. Then went down to Dallas and got shelled. Dan reamed out Norv after the game, and there were also reports that Dan's entourage trashed the Texas Stadium suite where they watched the game. Oh, and Deion had a long TD punt return, which surely made Dan want to throw big money at him the next offseason.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, samy316 said:

I remember this game vividly.  It was the largest collapse of a lead in franchise history, if I’m not mistaken.  That game oddly enough was a precursor to the absolute hell we were about to endure for the next quarter century.  What a microcosm of Snyder’s ownership in one game.  I realize that the 99 team went 10-6, and won a playoff game, but that creep sitting in the owner’s box, with his lackey Vinny Cerrato watching that collapse was a premonition of sorts.  Especially considering the offseason following the 99 season, where we went all in with old, over the hill FA’s, and tore down a team on the rise like idiots.

I think that game encapsulated Norv more than Dan, at least at that time.  Norv was just a horrendous HC. Genius OC.  Appallingly bad HC.  And that game showed why.  Soft, out of shape poorly coached team blows big lead to a bad opponent.  

Dan had almost nothing to do with the 1999 team.  He bought the team to late to wreck it.  Though he tried to stop the Brad Johnson trade and failed. 

As bad as the future would be with Dan, my ire for thy game was squarely on Norv.  And I guess on Mike Nolan who is an awful coach as well.  It’s amazing how he got a DC job in Dallas a few years ago.  And then Immediately turned the defense to crap.  And they were pretty good after he was fired.  

Norv and Mike Nolan.  I’m not sure if that was worse than Jay/Barr or Jay/Manusky.  I think Norv might have been an F+ of a HC (he did coach the chargers to a AFC championship game) where as Jay is a solid F. (He let a player give him a purple nerple.  That’s F territory by itself)  Nolan/Barry/Manusky are all F-. 

Sigh.  Now I’m depressed.  

• Like 1