Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

No matter how/when the suite revenue is booked, the problem is that even if Dan never sees the money, it indirectly props up the value of the franchise-- imagine buying a team that's projected for have $Y revenue next year versus a number less than $Y. The seller will never see that revenue but it'll encourage buyers to place more competitive bids.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

What concerns me about this is that there are some things the "owners need to resolve with Snyder" in order to move the sale forward. What on earth could that be?

I'm sure there is plenty from the MJW ongoing report that will be buried to the world, but the owners have that info.   Honestly, I feel like there could be lots of things they want to lock down, to truly be rid of this cancer once he sells.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CommDownMan said:

I'm sure there is plenty from the MJW ongoing report that will be buried to the world, but the owners have that info.   Honestly, I feel like there could be lots of things they want to lock down, to truly be rid of this cancer once he sells.  

The MJW report will be buried in a plot right next to the Beth Wilkinson report. There will be no wake. It must be nice to be so rich you can buy people's silence.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

The MJW report will be buried in a plot right next to the Beth Wilkinson report. There will be no wake. It must be nice to be so rich you can buy people's silence.

As I said, it'll be buried to the world.  I do think the owners were a bit pissed Roger did burying of the BW report, without any knowledge due to some mess that followed.  In full "cover your ass" mode, I think the owners want to know all things that Dan has done and/or can cause legal trouble for the league.  I wouldn't be surprised if the league is extra cautious in the paperwork they approve that involves Snyder or at least explain why there might be multiple hurdles to clear.

• Sad 1

I actually don’t think the new report will be buried at all. They’re trying to time it so that it doesn’t come out until the sale is done, but it won’t be buried. They would get SLAUGHTERED in the media this time around because the media has consistently held their feet to the fire about whether it will actually get released this time—and the answer has been “yes” each time. People want some perception of accountability, not just Snyder slinking away into the shadows with billions. 

They don’t want to sully the Harris acquisition right as it happens, and that will be the national outcome if they try to bury the report on Snyder right as a sale finally happens. It’ll start things off on the wrong foot. They are gonna shove Snyder out the door with a shotgun blast to the ass in the form of that report imo, and I’ll be surprised if it happens differently. 

Now maybe they’ll play games with whether the full unadulterated text of the report is released, rather than just her major findings. I could see that, especially if there’s some things in there that implicate other parts of the NFL machine in Snyder’s BS. But it won’t be straight up buried imo. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Conn said:

I actually don’t think the new report will be buried at all. They’re trying to time it so that it doesn’t come out until the sale is done, but it won’t be buried. They would get SLAUGHTERED in the media this time around because the media has consistently held their feet to the fire about whether it will actually get released this time—and the answer has been “yes” each time. People want some perception of accountability, not just Snyder slinking away into the shadows with billions. 

They don’t want to sully the Harris acquisition right as it happens, and that will be the national outcome if they try to bury the report on Snyder right as a sale finally happens. It’ll start things off on the wrong foot. They are gonna shove Snyder out the door with a shotgun blast to the ass in the form of that report imo, and I’ll be surprised if it happens differently. 

Now maybe they’ll play games with whether the full unadulterated text of the report is released, rather than just her major findings. I could see that, especially if there’s some things in there that implicate other parts of the NFL machine in Snyder’s BS. But it won’t be straight up buried imo. 

I honestly don't think the NFL cares one bit whether they get slaughtered in the media or not...unless it were to effect their revenue streams, which seems unlikely from the packed stadiums we see week after week despite all of the past scandals. The NFL is truly too big to fail and too big to care.

This is the league that added a 17th game (soon to be 18, mark my words) and will add FLEXED Thursday night games this year (meaning some teams will have to play 2 Thursday games, one of them on short notice), DESPITE the lowered quality of the games AND mounting evidence about injuries to players on bad fields or games on short notice.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Conn said:

I could believe a watered down version that says things to confirm items that seem to be fairly clear bs he's done or ignored while owner.

The things that would add hurdles or get locked in a closet are more what I meant.  Unfortunately,  I just don't see it being anything too satisfying.  I would love to be wrong. 

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Heard on the radio today that the sale will take place in stages because of Snyder.

Stage 1- Jason’s ownership transferred 

stage 2- Ron’s ownership transferred 

stage 3- Gm’s ownership transferred 

stage 4- players ownership transferred 

stage 5- stadium ownership transferred 

stage 6- redskins park ownership transferred 

stage 7- remaining employees ownership transferred 

stage 8-  the name transferred 

stage 9- Major Tuddy is finally transferred and Harris has full ownership by Christmas.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Don't really know, but Snyder has so many scandals that's it's probably going to take time for us to be rid of him

It looks as if the other owners can try to force him to drop his demands for indemnification. Unfortunately, it also looks as if he still holds some cards however such as insisting that the report not be published befores he agrees to complete the sale.  

I'm thinking there may still be a few more months (until August) of hard ball on both sides until this thing gets finalized.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10074752-report-commanders-sale-to-josh-harris-group-could-get-preliminary-approval-in-may

>>...Maske and Jhabvala explained approving the sale in stages with a preliminary approval would not follow normal protocols that typically see an announcement about an agreed upon bid, vetting from the NFL's finance committee and then a final ratification vote from owners after the finance committee makes a recommendation.

Yet there is plenty to work through with Snyder.

The team already reached settlements with the attorneys general of D.C. and Maryland regarding allegations it improperly withheld deposits from season ticket holders. It is also facing a federal investigation in the Eastern District of Virginia and an investigation from the attorney general in Virginia.

There is also the ongoing investigation from the NFL, which is the second such investigation and is being conducted by attorney Mary Jo White.

The first investigation, which was conducted by attorney Beth Wilkinson, found a culture of sexual harassment, bullying and more misconduct under Snyder's watch. The Commanders were fined $10 million, and Snyder was forced to give over day-to-day operations to his wife, Tanya.

Maske and Jhabvala noted NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell previously said the league would publicly release White's findings in the second investigation.

Then there is the issue of indemnification, which is reportedly part of the discussion between the NFL and Snyder's representatives.

"For the sale to be completed and ratified, the other owners will want Snyder not only to drop any attempt to be indemnified himself but also to indemnify the league and the other owners against future legal liability and costs, according to one of those people," Maske and Jhabvala wrote.

While the preliminary approval could come later this month, Maske and Jhabvala suggested the final ratification may not happen until a special meeting in August.<<

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

While the preliminary approval could come later this month, Maske and Jhabvala suggested the final ratification may not happen until a special meeting in August.

This is all a Snyder ploy to sell suites and tickets. Come August hell rescind the sale and be all like "Taa-daa! All fixed!"

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is all a Snyder ploy to sell suites and tickets. Come August hell rescind the sale and be all like "Taa-daa! All fixed!"

I can't believe people bought suites and tickets prior to it actually changing hands.

You'd think it was a sure thing, and it seems like it is... but again... it's Snyder. You never know. If I were in position to buy a suite OR tickets I'd be waiting until Snyder is officially gone to do so. But I'm not, and I don't control others' money. So, whatever floats their boats. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I can't believe people bought suites and tickets prior to it actually changing hands.

You'd think it was a sure thing, and it seems like it is... but again... it's Snyder. You never know. If I were in position to buy a suite OR tickets I'd be waiting until Snyder is officially gone to do so. But I'm not, and I don't control others' money. So, whatever floats their boats. 

Yeah but you would be missing out on getting the premium luxury suites, the ones without the support pillar directly in front or the rain water gutter spill free zone seats. Its all about priorities or as Mr. Wick would say "consequences"..

Edited by Chris 44
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Or Jason could be lying.  If people were avoiding buying become of Dan, why would you spend money when he’s still the owner.  The sale hasn’t gone thru or been approved by the nfl.

Until you see that press conference with the new owners, sale hasn’t gone thru.

There’s still time for Dan to back out .

• Sad 1

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Or Jason could be lying.  If people were avoiding buying become of Dan, why would you spend money when he’s still the owner.  The sale hasn’t gone thru or been approved by the nfl.

Isn't that what I just said?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Not that I could ever afford a suite or even know how these things work but I wonder if getting in early would be beneficial? The price on these things will only rise from here on out.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Not that I could ever afford a suite or even know how these things work but I wonder if getting in early would be beneficial? The price on these things will only rise from here on out.

It’s location as well. Most prefer the sidelines as close to the 50 as possible just like regular seats. The sidelines closest to mid field sell first then the ones near the end zones sell last. You sign the contract for a specific suite so more inventory now than later probably. 

• Sad 1

Having worked in the industry it’s all about location, the best seats suites and perks go to those who get in early. As soon as things are official it’ll be a waiting list for the best items, it’s a gamble like anything else. 

and honestly, 99% of suite sales will be corporations in the area. These are expensive.

not sure for Fedex, but we used to sell Wizards/Caps suites for $3-$10,000 per game depending on opponent/date. 

To put your name on the suite and access to all 200+ events in a year, would be easily $500k investment. 

• Sad 1

Also the Harris group has 17 minority owners. I am sure each of them wants their own suite. So if all of those people put a deposit down on a suite to secure the best location that would probably account for much of the boost as well. 

• Sad 1