Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

15 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Cerrato sounds drunk, asked interviewer what he's trying to prove. Blames Zorn for calling out Portis after winning in Detroit as final straw. Now says Bruce Allen was the problem.

Not gonna lie, Vinny put a big smile on my face when he gave annoying Grant the business 😁

Looking back at it, the moment I first truly began to think it would soon be all over for Dan was when he was on live TV, in the owner's box, looking disheveled and lost, with his baby sized hands and  cameltoe showing.

image.thumb.png.8260a29a476c6c77a143457478a5edfa.png

Can't wait until next season when this guy and his friends are sitting pretty in the owner's box...

image.png.78499531f2e90af1cbf71a8a6c5eba7d.png

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The former came right out of the chute, as Schlereth was asked his opinion when he heard Snyder was selling the team to a Josh Harris-led group:

“I was so excited, because Dan Snyder in my opinion is a turd,” Schlereth said bluntly. “One of my life experiences is just to not be a turd, and that’s one thing I believe in. I’m so glad he is gone, and the Washington Commanders can experience new ownership. I love Ron Rivera, I think he’s a really good man and a great man to lead the franchise forward, but that organization deserves to be a crown jewel for the NFL, and they haven’t been since he took over ownership. Welcome back to the NFL, Washington Commanders, I’m excited for you.”

Later, the man affectionately known as “Stink” explained one particular interaction with Snyder that gave him the earlier belief, and led to the latter quote:

“I went to for Darrell Green’s 40th birthday party, we were both still playing in the league, and I was sitting next to Daniel Snyder at a table. He was asking me questions about free agent football players for 30 minutes, then got up and went to a corner of the room and made calls on his cell phone for 35 or 40 minutes,” Schlereth recalled. “He came back, and I jokingly asked if he had traded for me, and he just looked at me like ‘how dare you speak to me,’ turned his back to me, and didn’t speak to me for the rest of the evening. He can kiss my ass as far as I’m concerned."

That said, at least recently, Schlereth has had a good relationship with the franchise in terms of being an alumnus.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 10

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The former came right out of the chute, as Schlereth was asked his opinion when he heard Snyder was selling the team to a Josh Harris-led group:

“I was so excited, because Dan Snyder in my opinion is a turd,” Schlereth said bluntly. “One of my life experiences is just to not be a turd, and that’s one thing I believe in. I’m so glad he is gone, and the Washington Commanders can experience new ownership. I love Ron Rivera, I think he’s a really good man and a great man to lead the franchise forward, but that organization deserves to be a crown jewel for the NFL, and they haven’t been since he took over ownership. Welcome back to the NFL, Washington Commanders, I’m excited for you.”

Later, the man affectionately known as “Stink” explained one particular interaction with Snyder that gave him the earlier belief, and led to the latter quote:

“I went to for Darrell Green’s 40th birthday party, we were both still playing in the league, and I was sitting next to Daniel Snyder at a table. He was asking me questions about free agent football players for 30 minutes, then got up and went to a corner of the room and made calls on his cell phone for 35 or 40 minutes,” Schlereth recalled. “He came back, and I jokingly asked if he had traded for me, and he just looked at me like ‘how dare you speak to me,’ turned his back to me, and didn’t speak to me for the rest of the evening. He can kiss my ass as far as I’m concerned."

That said, at least recently, Schlereth has had a good relationship with the franchise in terms of being an alumnus.

Maybe some of the old timers who have stayed away from the team after being snubbed, blacklisted or outright disgusted by Snyder's antics might start drifting back-- like Monte Coleman, Neal Olkewicz, Mark May, Riggins, et al.

If I'm Harris/Rales/Magic I make alumni outreach a priority. So much of the history and culture of what it truly means to be a Redskin/WFT member has been lost.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

What’s up with this?

https://www.wusa9.com/

DC native Brian Davis made a $7B cash offer to buy the team and become the NFL's first Black owner. A source close to the deal says his bid is still in play.

That's the story the Sports Junkies were pandering 2 weeks ago that got laughed off the airwaves.

No, way that's a real money offer. Not with all the skeletons (ie lawsuits from investors who got ripped off) in Brian Davis'  closet.

And who would overbid by a billion dollars when an increased bid of "just" 100 million would be an overpay????

Plus the NFL would never approve Davis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thsts such a great pic for the story. Looks like Jabba.

D9277E6C-C696-4D6C-AD11-B7A56BD83894.jpeg

Edited by Die Hard
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Approval of Commanders sale isn’t a formality, but NFL owners want deal done

NFL team owners are optimistic about approving a tentative $6.05 billion deal for an investment group led by Josh Harris to purchase the Washington Commanders from owner Daniel Snyder, according to three people with direct knowledge of the league’s inner workings and the owners’ views, but the process may not be the mere formality it has been with other recent franchise sales.

The owners’ desire for Snyder to leave the league with as little additional contentiousness as possible may lead them to ratify the deal despite a measure of disappointment within their ranks about the sale price and a variety of potential complications, according to those people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the sale process is at a sensitive stage.

“Even if the price is a little disappointing at $6 billion, it’s his right to sell the team to who he wants to,” one of those people said, adding that the owners have no issues with Harris or the group’s primary investors and “that won’t be a problem.”

Another person said “there isn’t an owner in the NFL that won’t approve it.” Referring to Snyder, that person said the owners “want him out” as soon as possible.

Harris’s group reached an unsigned, nonexclusive preliminary agreement with Snyder, three people with direct knowledge of the sale process said Thursday. At least one rival bidder, Canadian real estate developer and private equity executive Steve Apostolopoulos, remained active in the bidding, another person with knowledge of the process said. Tilman Fertitta, the owner of the NBA’s Houston Rockets, said Wednesday on CNBC he would not raise his $5.6 billion bid.

If finalized, the Harris group’s agreement with Snyder would be submitted to the league and vetted by the owners on the NFL’s finance committee. The committee would make a recommendation to the owners. The deal would have to be approved by at least 24 of the 32 owners.

The process, in this case, will not be a rubber-stamp ratification, given some concerns among the owners related to the sale process, indemnification and perhaps the structure of the bid. This approval process “could get gnarly,” one of the people with direct knowledge of the NFL’s inner workings said.

“I thought it was worth $7 billion,” that person said. “I don’t know why you’d cut out the one guy who could pay that.”

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos hired a New York investment firm, Allen & Company, to evaluate a prospective bid on the Commanders. But a person with direct knowledge of the sale process said Wednesday that Bezos had no immediate plans to submit a bid. Bezos, who owns The Washington Post, has a net worth estimated by Forbes at $125.6 billion, making him the world’s third-wealthiest person.

Bezos may have believed in recent days that he was being used by Snyder to attempt to increase the price for the Harris group, two people connected to the process said. Recent reports indicated Snyder was receptive to a potential bid by Bezos. In February, a person familiar with the sale process said Snyder was preventing Bezos from moving forward in the process because of his disdain for The Post’s coverage of Snyder and the team.

The $6.05 billion would surpass the record sale price for an NFL franchise, set last year when a group led by Walmart heir Rob Walton bought the Denver Broncos from the Pat Bowlen Trust for $4.65 billion. That deal more than doubled the $2.275 billion that David Tepper paid to purchase the Carolina Panthers from Jerry Richardson in 2018.

Harris, the owner of the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL’s New Jersey Devils, has an estimated net worth of $6 billion, according to Forbes. His top investor is Potomac, Md., businessman and philanthropist Mitchell Rales, whose net worth is estimated by Forbes at $5.6 billion.

The addition of Rales positioned the Harris group as an attractive alternative to Bezos for Snyder. According to industry analysts, the league and the finance committee usually desire an extremely wealthy lead owner — such as Walton or Tepper — who could, in effect, write a check for the entire transaction if necessary or, barring that, whose next-largest investor is a family member. The stakes that would be held by Harris and Rales in this deal have not been specified, but the structure of the group’s bid would not derail the approval as long as the group complies with all NFL requirements for a controlling owner, another person familiar with the league’s views said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Brian Davis Net Worth 2023 - The famous American former basketball player “Brian Davis” has a net worth of $13 Million Dollars and he was born on 21 June 1970.

I have several thousand dollars in savings. I bid 8 billion for the Commanders. Where do I sign?

• Haha 2