Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

The transferring of mar o lago is the best news yet. 

To me, that means he’s seriously worried he’s going to be found guilty of at least some of the serious charges 

I don’t really know forfeiture rules but I believe it has to do with stuff that used in the crime or obtained by proceeds from the crime, and he used the estate for his crimes … 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

BTW Zillow estimates Mar-a-Lago's value is $24 mil. "Selling" it for $422 million seems...odd.

This is pretty wild. Though Zillow can have some big mistakes that take awhile to get corrected. Could have been purchased at $22M and the $ &4 got fat fingered. The transfer itself is a story. But if they are trying to do this at 20 times its value, then they are begging for another indictment — though they are pretty safe in FL in that regard, I’d imagine.

• Like 1

Zillow pulls my house value from my county tax assessment. 

I had assumed they did that everywhere but maybe they don’t 🤷‍♂️ 

Hah. It’s in the article

The site claims: "The information we provide is public information gathered from county records. Our parcel information, which outlines the lot on which a house sits, comes from various public sources, such as the county."

25 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Link?  I don't think Zillow values commercial properties. 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1100-S-Ocean-Blvd-Palm-Beach-FL-33480/306155527_zpid/

21 minutes ago, tshile said:

I had assumed they did that everywhere but maybe they don’t 🤷‍♂️ 

Hah. It’s in the article

My understanding is that they (Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, etc) factor in recent comparable home sales in your area as well. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

They can't solely go off of county assessment here in California because of Prop 13. You'd end up havin million+ dollar SF houses being valued under 200k on those sites. 😀

They don’t. They pull county assessments and display that and the property taxes. But the “Zestimate” is an algorithm that pulls in all kinds of information including MLS data that realtors enter, and sometimes mis-enter. As information changes (houses go on and off the market, interest rates go up and down), the Zestimate changes. Sometimes many times in one month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

My understanding is that they (Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, etc) factor in recent comparable home sales in your area as well. 

Yup, and that data (where I live) goes into the county system. When a home is sold, the county takes the sales price and makes it the tax assessment value. It goes up according to their formula until you hit whatever year mark and they come manually assess it. So where I live - it’s all in that publicly accessible records system. 

I get hosed because I have a “custom” house in a situation where there are no comps. I think they regularly assign a value that’s quite a bit higher than what I could actually get for it, should I decide to sell it. But, nothing I can really do about it. There’s an appeals process but “I disagree with the number you picked” isn’t grounds in an of itself. Having no real comp hurts that aspect of things. Both sides are sort of just making up a number 🤷‍♂️ 

it’s the downside of building your own house out in the woods. Everyone’s got a different house with different things going on. So it throws people who are used to evaluating cookie cutter neighborboods where there’s a max of 3 or 4 different types of houses, all with minor options to make them slightly different. Generally you can find recent comps easily and come up with a, more or less, fair number. 

In my situation everyone’s just winging it. 

Edited by tshile

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yup, and that data (where I live) goes into the county system. When a home is sold, the county takes the sales price and makes it the tax assessment value. It goes up according to their formula until you hit whatever year mark and they come manually assess it. So where I live - it’s all in that publicly accessible records system. 

I get hosed because I have a “custom” house in a situation where there are no comps. I think they regularly assign a value that’s quite a bit higher than what I could actually get for it, should I decide to sell it. But, nothing I can really do about it. There’s an appeals process but “I disagree with the number you picked” isn’t grounds in an of itself. Having no real comp hurts that aspect of things. Both sides are sort of just making up a number 🤷‍♂️ 

it’s the downside of building your own house out in the woods. Everyone’s got a different house with different things going on. So it throws people who are used to evaluating cookie cutter neighborboods where there’s a max of 3 or 4 different types of houses, all with minor options to make them slightly different. Generally you can find recent comps easily and come up with a, more or less, fair number. 

In my situation everyone’s just winging it. 

I'll trade ya. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

The algorithms employed by these companies have become extraordinarily sophisticated, although that doesn't mean they are always accurate because they have limited data (e.g., can't see what a house looks like on the inside). 

• Thumb up 1

There's obviously a lot that's not being said her. 

For one thing, anybody here believe the Junior has $400M?  

Or can borrow it from anybody other than somebody who's laundering money?  

And I'm pretty sure that if you're trying to hide assets from forfeiture, you don't turn the asset into cash. 

6 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I got the T-shirt of the AJC's front page of Sid Bream crossing home plate.  (if you were watching, he was out, but nevermind that now :ols: )

You gotta bring that **** up? I haven’t had that nightmare for a good while, now I’ll be seeing that in my sleep again. Thanks!🤮

Had a black P hat for years that had a notch in the brim where it hit the corner of the tv when I chucked it. ****ing slow ass, ex-Pirate Sid Bream of all people. 

Excuse me while I go bang my head into a wall again…and again!

• Haha 1