Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

On 2/2/2024 at 7:42 PM, CapsSkins said:

Give me Tee Higgins over Mike Evans. Similar size but 5 years younger.

Center Tyler Biadasz and Stephon Gilmore are the most interesting Dallas FA candidates for us.

I'd still take a run at Jonah Jackson to firm up LG.

Higgins is nowhere near the player Evans is. One guy is a future HOFer, the other has not made a single Pro Bowl.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

[EDITED]

This is great intel. Thanks for the post. 

Just curious, besides the obvious players (Parsons, Lamb), who do you like on the Cowboys roster? From our vantage point, you seem to have an exceptionally talented but underperforming team.

Can't decide whether they'd prefer resigning Kendal Fuller (older/cheaper) PFF grade 83 and perhaps an $8-10 mil contract or Jaylon Johnson (younger/more expensive) PFF grade 90 in the $14 mil range.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

This is great intel. Thanks for the post. 

Just curious, besides the obvious players (Parsons, Lamb), who do you like on the Cowboys roster? From our vantage point, you seem to have an exceptionally talented but underperforming team.

A few guys I feel take another massive step next year are Tyler Smith, Osa Odighizuwa  , DeMarvion Overshown, TJ Bass, Jake Ferguson and Juanyeh Thomas. Smith and Fergs were Pro Bowlers, but I feel they become household names next year.

Bass played really well when he was called to play and Thomas had great numbers when playing. Overshowns injury hurt Quinn’s defense as he was slated for a massive role.

17 minutes ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

A few guys I feel take another massive step next year are Tyler Smith, Osa Odighizuwa  , DeMarvion Overshown, TJ Bass, Jake Ferguson and Juanyeh Thomas. Smith and Fergs were Pro Bowlers, but I feel they become household names next year.

Bass played really well when he was called to play and Thomas had great numbers when playing. Overshowns injury hurt Quinn’s defense as he was slated for a massive role.

Damn man, I really wanted Washington to take Overshown.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Kinda wonder if Hopkins or Ertz will be entertained here since they played under kingsbury

Hopkins would be a tough get but I think Ertz could be had for not a lot of capital

5 hours ago, mac8887 said:

With the Kingsbury hire, you gotta think about resigning Antonio Gibson. I think he'd be a good fit in this offense.

Or draft someone who is better than Gibson. I prefer that idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, mac8887 said:

With the Kingsbury hire, you gotta think about resigning Antonio Gibson. I think he'd be a good fit in this offense.

It'd be refreshing to see a fiery coach like Quinn react to his RedZone fumbles for sure.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Can't decide whether they'd prefer resigning Kendal Fuller (older/cheaper) PFF grade 83 and perhaps an $8-10 mil contract or Jaylon Johnson (younger/more expensive) PFF grade 90 in the $14 mil range.

Jaylon Johnson, like Tee Higgins, appear headed for the tag. Both you be a major yes from me though.

• Like 2

Greg Dortch WR

Azeez Al - Shaiir LB

Oren Burks - LB

Dante Fowler - Edge

Jon Feliciano - IOL

Dalton Schultz - TE

Randy Gregory - Edge

Kentavious Street - DL

Matt Hennessy- C

These are some FAs that are tied to either Peters, Quinn, or Kingsbury that we may kick the tires on to fill out the roster.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Greg Dortch WR

Azeez Al - Shaiir LB

Oren Burks - LB

Dante Fowler - Edge

Jon Feliciano - IOL

Dalton Schultz - TE

Randy Gregory - Edge

Kentavious Street - DL

Matt Hennessy- C

These are some FAs that are tied to either Peters, Quinn, or Kingsbury that we may kick the tires on to fill out the roster.

If I am Washington then I am locked in on Randy Gregory and Isaiah Simmons.  They both have tremendous skill sets

As for edge it gets no better than burns or hunter and we seriously need a great pass rusher. That would be who I'd look at getting before diving in the mediocre bins of has beens. Then al shair accompanied with Simmons. Shaiir would be a nice get and replacing Barton would be wonderful

On 2/5/2024 at 3:59 PM, Ball Security said:

Greg Dortch WR

Azeez Al - Shaiir LB

Oren Burks - LB

Dante Fowler - Edge

Jon Feliciano - IOL

Dalton Schultz - TE

Randy Gregory - Edge

Kentavious Street - DL

Matt Hennessy- C

Very high chance of Al Shaiir. One of Peters's famous finds as a UDFA. Ok against the run but very good against the pass and wore the green dot in TN this year playing with a lot of bums. TN fans like him and want to keep him. He really complements Jamin well as Jamin's strengths are rushing the passer and playing the run.

I also think it is a lock Fowler comes here as a rotational guy. He's now been with Quinn with the Falcons and Cowboys.

Someone else suggested Hennessy as a solution at starter. He is a backup

• Like 2

Dallas Cowboys: How Jayron Kearse became Dan Quinn’s ‘master key’

When the Dallas Cowboys signed safety Jayron Kearse to a one-year, $1.1 million contract, it’s safe to say they had no clue he would turn into one of the best players on the entire defense. That’s exactly what happened for the sixth-year veteran.

Kearse had a breakthrough season in his first year as a full-time starter and playing a linebacker-safety hybrid role, chipping in with 101 total tackles, two interceptions and nine tackles for loss. Kearse may command good money in free agency after an impressive “prove-it” season, but his eyes seemingly are fixed on a return to Dallas.

His return would be welcomed and Kearse spoke to 105.3 FM The Fan about a fellow returner in defensive coordinator Dan Quinn.

"Getting Quinn back was a huge win, and it was one that was much needed, just to try your best to keep this group together,” Kearse said Tuesday. “Because the strides we’ve made in Year 1, it can give us a lot of upside going into Year 2 with guys being together, guys having camaraderie with each other. That’s the No. 1 win so far this offseason.”

There’s no doubt Quinn has imprinted on the defense in Dallas and it should pay dividends in free agency. Cowboys players or potential free agents see the improvement and it’ll be a big selling point for Stephen Jones and Will McClay.

For Dallas, this is one of the key players to sign in the 2022 season with limited cap space. Restructuring big contracts like quarterback Dak Prescott will open the window for more deals but Kearse’s words about the Cowboys’ keeping Quinn insinuates he may keep the Star on his helmet in 2022.

The Cowboys have a bunch of holes through the defensive back seven. At the safety position, Malik Hooker and Damontae Kazee are unrestricted free agents. With linebacker Jabril Cox coming back from an ACL tear, Keanu Neal and Leighton Vander-Esch are also free agents. Micah Parsons is the only linebacker definitively returning to a role, and he may be shifting to a more full-time responsibility as an edge rusher.

As a hybrid, Kearse can fill multiple holes as he did in 2021.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/23/jayron-kearse-free-agency-dan-quinn/

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 9:15 PM, bird_1972 said:

Hopkins would be a tough get but I think Ertz could be had for not a lot of capital

I prefer Shultz to Ertz. However, I think he will resign with Houston with a sizable raise.  

I said it in another thread but Juaun Jennings would become a fan favorite role player here. One of Peters’ guys, likely. Perfect 4th WR who can take a bigger role if someone’s hurt. Clutch on 3rd down, most of his receptions were in tough situations to gain 1st downs. Can block his ass off. Some YAC ability, he hates to go down. 

I’d still want a stud across from McLaurin to push Dotson into the slot. But Juaun Jennings would be the perfect complement. Especially if Kliff is going to be running lots of 4-5 WR sets 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Conn said:

I said it in another thread but Juaun Jennings would become a fan favorite role player here. One of Peters’ guys, likely. Perfect 4th WR who can take a bigger role if someone’s hurt. Clutch on 3rd down, most of his receptions were in tough situations to gain 1st downs. Can block his ass off. Some YAC ability, he hates to go down. 

I’d still want a stud across from McLaurin to push Dotson into the slot. But Juaun Jennings would be the perfect complement. Especially if Kliff is going to be running lots of 4-5 WR sets 

I didn't know he was a FA.  He was one of my guys in that draft that year.  He was as physical playing for Tennessee as he was in the pros at SF.   Tone setter type of player.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I just looked it up, Jennings is a restricted FA.  Not too many restricted FAs move.

Damn, I’m a year early. Heartbreaking, love that guy

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Conn said:

Damn, I’m a year early. Heartbreaking, love that guy

Yeah he was one of my favs that draft year.   I figured his bad 40 time would drop him in the draft and it did drop him but he was a really good college player.  Great blocker in college.  And has been a great blocker in the pros.  And decent Wr, too.

Brayden Willis, also one of my fav late round types in the last draft and also was taken by SF.  I don't know what happened to him, he did nothing this past season.  Most late rounders don't work out though.  But he was in college  a similar player to Jennings in college but in his case as a TE.

But this is a good conversation for my draft thinking cap.  Willis and Jennings are definitiely a specific type of player.  Physical players who dropped in the draft in part because they weren't as fast as some would like.    So I would gather players like will be in play in this draft.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1