Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

He's the one FA I'd target for sure.  Would be an immediate upgrade and fill a glaring hole that hasn't been adequately spotted since London retired.

The guy is a leader too. Much needed on the defensive side of the ball as my guess is a lot of guys have tuned Jon out.

Mckinney is my guy at FA at safety for various reasons I've talked about.  But I'd love Winfield even more but hard to believe Tampa lets him go

12 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

He's the one FA I'd target for sure.  Would be an immediate upgrade and fill a glaring hole that hasn't been adequately spotted since London retired.

Especially now where we need pass rush help, too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mckinney is my guy at FA at safety for various reasons I've talked about.  But I'd love Winfield even more but hard to believe Tampa lets him go

Especially now where we need pass rush help, too

I love Winfield. He was probably neck and neck with Bates as the best FS in the league this year. Legit blue chip All Pro caliber player.

That play you highlighted was all heart and him making up for Dean slacking after the catch. That play is all leadership

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, method man said:

I love Winfield. He was probably neck and neck with Bates as the best FS in the league this year. Legit blue chip All Pro caliber player.

That play you highlighted was all heart and him making up for Dean slacking after the catch. That play is all leadership

Yeah the dude is elite.  We need elite players clearly. 

• Like 1

I wonder what compensation Baltimore would ask for in a trade for Isaiah Likely.  I would definitely take a look if it's cheap enough.  He's a stud pass-catching TE and a surplus of riches for them if Mark Andrews comes back healthy next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  But it feels like the Tee Higgins talk, it won't play out.  Safeties usually don't get big pay but I susepct it will be different here and Tampa finds a way to keep him.

I agree. They have plenty of cap room available to extend Evans, Wirfs and Winfield

Looks like Cushenberry had a breakout season this year @Skinsinparadise.  Surprising given that he was essentially left on IR despite being healthy last season as a way of benching him for Graham Glasgow.  In four years, looks like that one injury last season was the only time he's missed, and it apparently would have only kept him out a couple of games.  One of the main traits I'm looking for in a center is the ability to handle 1000 snaps each year.

He seems like a solid free agency option and he'll probably be dirt cheap.  We could get him and still have the money for another vet OL.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He's aggressively mediocre. He has trouble controlling his weight, has an attitude problem and is in his 30s. 

Please no. 

Yup.  Busted big time in Vegas.  Even now, NE couldn’t handle him anymore.  Keep Leno.  He’s average, but competent and paid at a reasonable rate.  He wasn’t the issue this a year.  LG and C were much more the problem

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He's aggressively mediocre. He has trouble controlling his weight, has an attitude problem and is in his 30s. 

Please no. 

Please don’t talk about the posters here this way. Keep it about the content of the posts, sir. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, KDawg said:

We run two inside backers regardless. LB is an issue either way. 

here's how I look at it.  The last time we tried to run 3-4 we showed that trying to use two edge rushers at OLB is a dumb idea

So right now I look at things this way

If we continue to run the 4-3 we have this:

KJ henry, Payne, Allen and new guy on the defensive line next year

Jamin Davis and two new LBs

So that's needing three new guys

while I consider Henry good enough to start on one side next year(provided we upgrade the other side) I know he's not good enough to be our starting Edge rusher and he's not a standard OLB or a 3-4 end

so a switch to a 3-4 gets us this

Allen, Payne, new guy

Davis, new guy, new guy, new guy

We now need four new players

if we trade Allen then in the 4-3 Mathis or Ridgeway can take his spot leaving us still only needing three people.  But those guys are not DE in the 3-4 making us need five people if we make the switch and pull off a trade

Just now, MrJL said:

here's how I look at it.  The last time we tried to run 3-4 we showed that trying to use two edge rushers at OLB is a dumb idea

So right now I look at things this way

If we continue to run the 4-3 we have this:

KJ henry, Payne, Allen and new guy on the defensive line next year

Jamin Davis and two new LBs

So that's needing three new guys

while I consider Henry good enough to start on one side next year(provided we upgrade the other side) I know he's not good enough to be our starting Edge rusher and he's not a standard OLB or a 3-4 end

so a switch to a 3-4 gets us this

Allen, Payne, new guy

Davis, new guy, new guy, new guy

We now need four new players

if we trade Allen then in the 4-3 Mathis or Ridgeway can take his spot leaving us still only needing three people.  But those guys are not DE in the 3-4 making us need five people if we make the switch and pull off a trade

I hate to tell you, we need a bunch of new guys regardless.

4 hours ago, Commander202 said:

If Macdonald comes here I would have to think queen is our first target. Also if we go the cheaper route at DE maybe Clowney gets a call depending .

Why does everyone keep bringing Queen up? He is not a green dot play calling linebacker. He is the 2020 draft version of Jamin Davis