Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

If there is a tsunami and the flood waters are racing behind you about to sweep you and your car away. Check mate.

Fan, you'd better stick to Checkers. 

Per https://earthprofessor.com/fast-tsunamis-move/

"As tsunami waves enter shallow water near land, they slow to the speed of a car, approximately 20 or 30 mph." 

On the plus side, if a tsunami hits Virginia Beach, we in the DC area have 10-12 hours to react before the waters start lapping near the neighborhoods of Silver Spring MD

Sorry for the extras.  This ES interface is not very easy to work with.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They do for misdemeanors.  Would they for this?  Depends on what side of the bed Lord Rodger gets up on that morning.

2 hours ago, Conn said:

if a player does jail time for it? Uhh yeah 

meanwhile…some potential movement and clarity on Risner:

Can’t say I remember a suspension for speeding. Not at all disputing, just curious if there’s any precedent. 

48 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Can’t say I remember a suspension for speeding. Not at all disputing, just curious if there’s any precedent. 

I can’t think of any who have done actual jail time due to speeding, which if he’s suspended will probably be the difference. 

Addison (Vikings) seemingly won’t be suspended for going 144 mph which is a disgrace. This is Davis’ second offense though which is why the jail time is happening. 

Any amount of jail time usually results in a suspension to protect the almighty Shield. And we know Robinson is at the least getting 9+ days (the judge rejected a plea bargain that settled on 8 days in prison. As much as 30 days (the initial sentence) though he’s still trying to appeal it down. 

• Like 1

When I was stationed in Oceana one of my friends who was from Richmond found out the his exgirlfriend was being beat on, by the new guy. He hung up the phone and we packed 12 guys into two cars (one being my 86 Tbird that was overheating and needed the hear blasting) with all the cheap booze we had left (It was Sunday morning) and we raced to Richmond driving like total idiots. Got there, beat the living **** out of a bunch of guys. Drove around looking for them rounding them up, then raced back for muster at 6am. 

That was pretty dumb and I'm glad I didn't have to go to jail for that one.

Davis is young and dumb. Y'all love to throw stones at our gladiators. 

• Like 2

I did tons of really stupid things when I was younger. Fortunately I was not caught for doing them. However after doing them, I realized it was stupid, I was lucky not to get caught and eff up my life, then never did any of them a second time.

Jamin's first offense was really stupid, and got tangled up with the law. the second one is just idiotic. What's the chances Rivera and Co. would have kept him on their draft board if he had done just the first offense pre-draft?

• Like 2

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Man, the Broncos lost Hamlin and Patrick yesterday. We have a bunch of WRs. 

Maybe we could dangle Samuels.

Samuels is a bit of an enigma, showed promise here at times but nothing to warrant him being untouchable. Most have him as the 3rd receiver but if Brown flashes I can see Samuels being the odd man out as far as the top 3 and may very well be trade bait. But on the other hand injuries are inevitable and why weaken a good position group? My GM skills are about that of Vinnies.

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Samuels is a bit of an enigma, showed promise here at times but nothing to warrant him being untouchable. Most have him as the 3rd receiver but if Brown flashes I can see Samuels being the odd man out as far as the top 3 and may very well be trade bait. But on the other hand injuries are inevitable and why weaken a good position group? My GM skills are about that of Vinnies.

I'd say the ceiling for Samuels is a 4rth, but his value to this team is pretty high, but it's a throw away year and our RBs seem to be focused on catching the ball. He's a hell of a weapon, but build for the future.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd say the ceiling for Samuels is a 4rth, but his value to this team is pretty high, but it's a throw away year and our RBs seem to be focused on catching the ball. He's a hell of a weapon, but build for the future.

On paper we have a lot of potentially good receiving targets between the WR, TE and RB's. Going to be interesting to see the distribution.

Edited by Chris 44

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sean Payton would salivate with Samuels potential. Maybe they have a decent LB or OL that could be swapped if not a pick.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Raiders cut TE OJ Howard.

Dirt cheap if they wan him. He signed w/ Vegas this year so he gets to keep his signing bonus and he was only 1.2 Mil.

You have to wonder why Vegas cut him tho. I'd need to know more about that first, but gotta love the cost nothing price.

He meets the height requirement

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Raiders cut TE OJ Howard.

Dirt cheap if they wan him. He signed w/ Vegas this year so he gets to keep his signing bonus and he was only 1.2 Mil.

You have to wonder why Vegas cut him tho. I'd need to know more about that first, but gotta love the cost nothing price.

He stinks at football. Hope that explains it 

• Haha 5

On 7/31/2023 at 11:22 PM, wit33 said:

Context. Speeding at over 100 mph in a 45 in an incident in someone died. 

13 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Context. Speeding at over 100 mph in a 45 in an incident in someone died. 

Not seeing anything where players get suspended or released from a team for speeding. As unfortunate as it is, he was not responsible for someone dying.

Maybe some feel all “exteme” speeders should be penalized much more harshly and laws to support that, but not how it works it seems. 

11 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Not seeing anything where players get suspended or released from a team for speeding. As unfortunate as it is, he was not responsible for someone dying.

Maybe some feel all “exteme” speeders should be penalized much more harshly and laws to support that, but not how it works it seems. 

We will agree to disagree on the responsibility side - he wasn’t driving the car that crashed, but he was part of what led up to that crash. Jalen Carter who the Eagles drafted has a very similar case going through the courts as well from when he was at Georgia. Will be interesting to see how these end up from the NFL’s perspective - I expect some kind of suspension.

EDIT I suppose Riggs case is sort of related. Though he was drunk and driving the car in which someone died so its a much more serious case.