Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

As I understand the dynamic, Jeffries needs:  

1)  Dem support.  

2)  At a price that doesn't cause the entire R Party to bolt from him.  

I think the proposal I saw, for a Dem demand, was "change the rules, to cut the legs out from under Gaetz & Co."  

If I'm a Dem, I could vote for that.  Cutting the legs out from under the terrorists is a goal of mine.  And I bet a lot of R's would go along with it, too.  Especially after these last two weeks.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think Jefferies finds 6 or so GOP reps and offer them chairs on committiees, etc to make him speaker.  And give them a seat at the table for making reasonable policy.  There has to be 6 that know this is hurting them more, right?

I’ve been thinking about this for days 

theres probably 6 they can convince just to say **** you to the establishment …

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Larry said:

As I understand the dynamic, Jeffries needs:  

1)  Dem support.  

2)  At a price that doesn't cause the entire R Party to bolt from him.  

I think the proposal I saw, for a Dem demand, was "change the rules, to cut the legs out from under Gaetz & Co."  

If I'm a Dem, I could vote for that.  Cutting the legs out from under the terrorists is a goal of mine.  And I bet a lot of R's would go along with it, too.  Especially after these last two weeks.  

Jefferies is a democrat. He’s the one that kept getting 211 votes while the republicans looked like clowns splitting the vote over and over the last time around. He needs his party support and 6 republicans. 

your scenario would be if the GOP put forth a moderate Republican, that needed to get a sizable Dem vote to get to 217 accounting for whatever R’s won’t vote for him. 

But yeah, I’d say that’s more realistic than jefferies. But every day jefferies’ non-zero chance gets a little bigger 

Edited by tshile
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

The price should go up every day it drags on. 

F 'em, make them help to get Jefferies elected if they need help that bad electing a speaker...

2 hours ago, tshile said:

I’ve been thinking about this for days 

theres probably 6 they can convince just to say **** you to the establishment …

Or are establishment that want to get back to work.

I'm all the sudden not sure what establishment means anymore for GOP, Trump has taken over that party so bad.  Moderates, I guess?

Has to be at least six that haven't sold their soul and know they're probably getting primaried anyway because they are moderates.  Like the few that sided on impeachment that are gone now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

F 'em, make them help to get Jefferies elected if they need help that bad electing a speaker...

Or are establishment that want to get back to work.

I'm all the sudden not sure what establishment means anymore for GOP, Trump has taken over that party so bad.  Moderates, I guess?

Has to be at least six that haven't sold their soul and know they're probably getting primaried anyway because they are moderates.  Like the few that sided on impeachment that are gone now.

I’m thinking more someone like Gaetz that votes for Jefferies and suddenly they have 217 votes cause they find 6 republicans like that

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m thinking more someone like Gaetz that votes for Jefferies and suddenly they have 217 votes cause they find 6 republicans like that

You wanna try and pick off the crazy ones that want to cut the budget 30% for all those agencies like mine?

You must be trying to convince them to burn that GOP house down to ground on the way out, they'll try to expell Gaetz for that, lolz

giphy(18).gif

• Thumb up 1