Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

Re: Menendez 

That's going to be an interesting case.  

Couple had $480k in cash at their home, plus $80k in a safe deposit box.  Oddly enough, she just married him in 2018.  Wonder if he will throw her under the bus. 

still surprised the corrupt DoJ and FBI can't find the same stuff about the corrupt Biden crime family!!!!

Maybe the Dark Brandon Crime Family doesn’t keep their wealth in gold bars. Which makes it harder to find the evidence. After all, gold bars is what brought down the pirates in the Caribbean. The Vikings smelled the gold and that was it. That’s why the Caribbean islands were once called the Nord Islands of Swashalla. 

And that kind of looks like what happened here. But, I’m not an expert. 

Just a little forgotten history for you peeps. 

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The fact that there are no real patriotic Republicans who will form a coalition with the Democrats to get stuff done in the House shows that they are really Fascists too.  They could do it if they really wanted too, regardless of what they may say in private. So they're also more interested in power than service to We the People.

It is a really weird phenomenon IMO.  I understand that every moderate Republican who stands with Democrats will get primaried in the next election and lose his/her job, but at the same time, these guys have to understand the historical context. It all will fall apart for the Republican party, likely in the next 10 years*, and I can't imagine all of these "moderate" Republicans wanting to be associated with everything that will happen.  

*And yes, I'm aware we've been saying for ~15 years.  That said, Republicans are exhibiting EXTREME measures to keep power. Gerrymandering has always been around, but they're getting more and more aggressive with voter suppression in Texas, impeaching supreme court judges in WI for no reason, ignoring US Supreme Court decisions, etc. 2022 was tailor made for them as an election and they barely took the house, which is the issue they're facing right now.  McCarthy didn't think he needed the ultra-cons when he was positioning himself for speaker, which explains part of the reason they're being so vindictive to him.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

It's not really surprising, weird or interesting.  It's like some game theory. The moderstes and McCarthy know that it is better to make moves when the crisis is "October 1, government shutdown" and not "September 22, maybe the government will shutdown".  The Senate is manuevring to throw McCarthy a lifeline. 

Everything is rational if you think about elections... not so much if people wonder, "do Republicans want to be bothered with governing?"  

They still want to have the power to burn it all down...

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Maybe the Dark Brandon Crime Family doesn’t keep their wealth in gold bars. Which makes it harder to find the evidence. After all, gold bars is what brought down the pirates in the Caribbean. The Vikings smelled the gold and that was it. That’s why the Caribbean islands were once called the Nord Islands of Swashalla. 

And that kind of looks like what happened here. But, I’m not an expert. 

Just a little forgotten history for you peeps. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I've met Menendez and he's actually quite charming and knowledgeable.  It's really unfortunate that he's as crooked as a dog's hind leg.  NJ voters should have found a replacement years ago. 

8 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

How many gold bars did you stuff in his coat?

Found some video of the meeting.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

There goes the DOJ prosecuting crimes again.  WEAPONIZED!

shame-icegif-1.gif

9 hours ago, tshile said:

Every time I see a story like it, I imagine how many more are getting away with how much more by simply being way smarter at doing it and getting away with it. 

We need to do something like this again...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abscam

I know people are upset with McCarthy... but here'a the thing.  How many people would be willing to lead that caucus?  There is only one guy who wants that job.  Even Gaetz has to admit that in private.

You don't get to where he is without very good political skills (as far as politicians go).  He gets to be a punching bag that his party uses to fundraise off of.  No doubt he probably is lining up a gig and I bet will get a cush job next term....  regardless of if he has the Speakership 

• Confused 1

McCarthy is as useless as wet toilet paper with respect to improving our country and our lives.

That's his job, his "results" are an abomination and him getting rich anyway should be an indictment of how pathetic this congress is, not a sign of him being good at anything.

Nobody wants his job because the House GOP has turned into fleshing eating zombies, he doesn't get credit for being fine getting eaten so he can put that on his resume and make more when he's finally booted out of that position like a golden parachute.

Lipstick on a pig complimenting him for anything, imo, he's a loser of the highest order who's bank account is the only thing suggesting otherwise.

• Like 1