Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

He has to be a plant of some sort. Put here to show Americans are stupid, will vote for anyone and will be left in office no matter what kind of crap he pulls. Also, he won’t be extradited to Brazil to face charges. 

This is America, where if you are dumb, malicious, selfish and are financially motivated, then you too can lead 300 million people. If we cannot remove a guy like this from office, America will find its spot in the toilet faster than expected. We are quickly showing the world that we are not the leaders we pretend to be.

image.gif.1e1ac9dbb06c558a04574b3b2f01438e.gif

• Thumb up 3

That would be regressive

it would also eliminate the governments ability to influence behavior 

my favorite part was this

Under the bill, if you buy something that costs $100 before tax, you pay $30 of national sales tax. Most of us would call that a 30 percent sales tax. Proponents, however, call it a 23 percent tax, because that $30 is 23 percent of your “gross payment” of $130”

which is code for: we think you’re too stupid to do math. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, tshile said:

That would be regressive

it would also eliminate the governments ability to influence behavior 

my favorite part was this

Under the bill, if you buy something that costs $100 before tax, you pay $30 of national sales tax. Most of us would call that a 30 percent sales tax. Proponents, however, call it a 23 percent tax, because that $30 is 23 percent of your “gross payment” of $130”

which is code for: we think you’re too stupid to do math. 

Have you met people in this country?  They are too stupid to do math.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, China said:

Have you met people in this country?  They are too stupid to do math.

My wife got mad when she asked me that and I got it right, immediately. 

it’s a trick question. And everyone’s seen it in school at some point. I remember it because I might as well been a math major. 

but I don’t like that one because that’s not an issue of not understanding math on a basic level. It’s an issue with thinking too quickly

/endrant

• Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, tshile said:

My wife got mad when she asked me that and I got it right, immediately. 

it’s a trick question. And everyone’s seen it in school at some point. I remember it because I might as well been a math major. 

but I don’t like that one because that’s not an issue of not understanding math on a basic level. It’s an issue with thinking too quickly

/endrant

I have to count on my fingers and toes and used a calculator to make my invoices. I'm a word person and anything math is beyond me. How I got through high school math is a mystery.

• Thumb up 1

23 hours ago, tshile said:

4 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

To be fair, it's more of a mentalism/magic trick than math issue.  A lingual sleight-of-hand.

Maybe you like this better:

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I wonder if anyone bothered to tell him that that's completely incorrect. Though it wouldn't surprise me if a guy like that saw a viral post about it on social media and didn't bother to research it.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/jan/13/viral-image/former-presidents-and-members-congress-dont-get-sa/

Representatives and senators become eligible to receive retirement benefits only after serving in Congress for at least five years. That’s nearly one full term for a senator, or more than two terms for a House member.

Those who have completed the minimum service could begin collecting their pensions at age 62, according to the Congressional Research Service report. Those with a longer record of service can start collecting sooner.

"The amount of the pension depends on length of service, as measured in months, and the average of the highest three years of salary," the report explained. But the benefits cannot exceed 80% of that person’s final salary.

• Haha 5