Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at San Fran ~ A Christmas Reunion TV Special

TK
Message added by TK,

1161584152_ScreenShot2022-12-24at7_15_39PM.thumb.png.c507ff54669775b2ee2dcf7ea6ba4646.png

Just now, Warhead36 said:

There is a direct correlation between Curl playing and our secondary's ability to cover. Our worst two games were the two games of the year, when Curl was out. Now again today, Curl being out. 

Those two back there is money, without Curl, Forrest is a second year player tryin to make it work. 

Dude does his homework concerning coverages, earned my respect, but helps big league having Curl to help with what to do back there.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Those two back there is money, without Curl, Forrest is a second year player tryin to make it work. 

Dude does his homework concerning coverages, earned my respect, but helps big league having Curl to help with what to do back there.

Absolutely. I like the two of them together. Now we just need another outside CB opposite St. Juste. Fuller in the slot is good. 

Just a bad day to not have Curl. He locks down TEs and not having him against a star like Kittle sucks.

• Thumb up 1

The defense is the weak link today. Heinicke has played well. The receivers are playing well. The backs are playing well. We have five linemen on the field.

Curl not being out there is hurting us. There is a reason he’s one of the top safeties in the league imo.

Rivera hurt us going for it when he did.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The defense hasn't been playing well the last 4 games.   Spare me the talk about how many points they've given up...Not good enough.  

That’s clownish. The Defense played just fine and even above-average in the last three games. They’re playing poorly today. They did more than enough the last three games and the Offense couldn’t even be average. 

I know you want to blame everything and everyone but Heiney for some reason, but saying that the Defense has been playing terrible for the last four weeks is just plain stupid. Even last week, they gave up only one bad drive.

• Like 2

Just now, KDawg said:

The defense is the weak link today. Heinicke has played well. The receivers are playing well. The backs are playing well. We have five linemen on the field.

Curl not being out there is hurting us. There is a reason he’s one of the top safeties in the league imo.

Rivera hurt us going for it when he did.

The two missed 4th downs are basically the difference in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Absolutely. I like the two of them together. Now we just need another outside CB opposite St. Juste. Fuller in the slot is good. 

Just a bad day to not have Curl. He locks down TEs and not having him against a star like Kittle sucks.

I've been seeing you make the case for this lately, I'm listening, but requiring the money work second after addressing QB first.  

Just now, ntotoro said:

That’s clownish. The Defense played just fine and even above-average in the last three games. They’re playing poorly today. They did more than enough the last three games and the Offense couldn’t even be average. 

I know you want to blame everything and everyone but Heiney for some reason, but saying that the Defense has been playing terrible for the last four weeks is just plain stupid. Even last week, they gave up only one bad drive.

Some people can’t see the week to week changes. It’s dynamic. 

Last week the D was good enough. This week it isn’t. Things aren’t static. Today the D has been bad. Chase Young/Payne are playing well, but everyone else is struggling a little.

• Like 2

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

They're consistently losing major plays.  That is what bad defenses do.

I hear you.  But defensive play calling is always a gamble with average players. We are pretty good against the league (so not bad). 

My point is, a great offensive play caller can exploit it pretty good defenses occasionally, and that is what we are seeing.

• Like 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This loss isn’t going to make me as frustrated since the lions and Seahawks lost today. But I don’t see any way we make the playoffs even though we still have the 7 seed heading into next week. 

i just hope we get a new QB this off-season. 

Washington is as good as anybody fighting for the last wild card spot.  But it will probably be a one and done deal if they do get in.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This loss isn’t going to make me as frustrated since the lions and Seahawks lost today. But I don’t see any way we make the playoffs even though we still have the 7 seed heading into next week. 

i just hope we get a new QB this off-season. 

Why?

Cleveland sucks and Dallas might be resting players by time we get to them.

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

They sucked last week, that's it.  But when they sucked last week they SUCKED.  Gave up a 97-yard drive including a 4th and 9. That is inexcusable.  They keep giving up big plays today.  The last 7 quarters have been pretty trash.

• Like 1