Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Giants I: Keep it Medium

KDawg

1 hour ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Yeah, that was a BS no call and reversal.  Totally a pro-NYG officiating crew yesterday

Lets remember it WAS called...then for reasons unknown, it was reversed  total crap. 

Now the completed bomb pass by the giants was def Offensive PI  there's your  "No call"  again.. total crap.

Not blaming refs for the outcome, I just saw those two as glaring home job calls.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Coaching staff needs to figure out how to stop the Giants pass rush during the bye week and how to stop Daniel Jones from transforming into Vanilla Vick

To be fair, somehow, nobody has been able to stop Jones.  Like it blows my mind.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Are these two being posted together coincidence? The Leno play was a very clear hold. 

I couldn't see anything from that angle with that resolution. Was Leno holding his right arm?

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

To be fair, somehow, nobody has been able to stop Jones.  Like it blows my mind.

I couldn't see anything from that angle with that resolution. Was Leno holding his right arm?

Looks like it. And I've been coaching for a long time, whether it was a hold or not, when Leno's hands were on the body after he let his feet stop moving and the defender separated that is getting called 9/10 times regardless of the actual hold status. 

Refs can't see it clearly and we can't see it clearly on replay. But you can see extension and bodies tangled. That's getting flagged on the regular. 

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

This should have been called a hold. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

well it's nice to see some people are acknowledging the terrible officiating

The real bad one is the one on Thomas since we were moving the ball and had the ball for 7 minutes too. I so pissed since Thomas didn't even do anything. The defender got pushed into him instead and all the refs saw that defender fell down and not what actually happened and it was an after thought by the ref and was flag trigger happy. Probably had a quota to meet like the cops do in giving out tickets. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Looks like it. And I've been coaching for a long time, whether it was a hold or not, when Leno's hands were on the body after he let his feet stop moving and the defender separated that is getting called 9/10 times regardless of the actual hold status. 

Refs can't see it clearly and we can't see it clearly on replay. But you can see extension and bodies tangled. That's getting flagged on the regular. 

Thanks man, unless it's blatant and there's heavy contrast between the gloves and the jersey, I can't see ****.

I'm fine with bad calls or even missed calls.

What triggers me is when you throw the flag, then have the gall to pick it up. That just screams BS.

Its one thing to miss a call or call something ticky tack, that happens. But when you call a penalty but then say naaaaa never mind, that's just garbage.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

What triggers me is when you throw the flag, then have the gall to pick it up. That just screams BS.

Its one thing to miss a call or call something ticky tack, that happens. But when you call a penalty but then say naaaaa never mind, that's just garbage.

Right? Like it was the only guy with a point of view that would be able to see it was PI, and then someone else says no? **** that.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Heinicke deserves credit for doing some good things, including the game tying drive. But he did miss some throws and he threw some balls out into the flat that could've or even should've been picked. So, it was pretty much par for the course as far as Heinicke's overall play was.

I thought the penalties- both called and no calls- were huge. Slayton pushed Holmes on the deep completion and I thought offensive pass interference should've been called. The picked up flag on McLaurin was frustrating, as the ref right there made the right call by throwing his flag, but was overruled after they talked it over. Obviously, PI would've been the better call for us, but I would've been happy with a 5 yard holding and automatic first down there. Moreau grabbed McLaurin enough to impede his progress to the ball and whether you call PI or holding, it was a penalty and something should've been called.

The block in the back called on Thomas was a total BS call that killed a nice drive we had going, but maybe the biggest penalty on us was the Butler personal foul for blocking the gunner while he was running out of bounds. Instead of starting our last possession in regulation on our 36, the penalty put us back to our 12. This was huge, as we were going to be in good position to get into game winning FG range to possibly end it in regulation. A bone headed penalty on Butler that was very costly. It also looked like Heinicke took a few shots to the head on s couple of those QB hits that weren't called.

Also, just a quick last thing about Heinicke. My son was at the game and had end zone seats. He said that the pocket was collapsing on Heinicke so fast that he never had a chance on a lot of those pressures and sacks. He said that it almost looks like slow motion when you watch on TV and that you forget when you're there live how fast everything happens. Obviously, Heinicke isn't a tall guy and when that pressure comes in his face he loses vision downfield immediately. With the injuries to the O-line yesterday and all teams that get after the QB- Giants, SF, Cleveland and Dallas- coming up in our final stretch of games, things could potentially get really ugly with our pass protection. 

Edited by fearlessNelms
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Truth....

Edited by HigSkin

2 hours ago, method man said:

They probably deemed it to be an uncatchable ball, which would be unfair because Terry could have come back to it wo the interference 

Exactly, look at the 4 second mark on that video. His eyes track it & he has a burst of speed to get to the spot where the ball was landing. Totally ridiculous to pick up the flag in this case.

Edited by SS816Skins