Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Honestly, we're simply not a playoff caliber team, no matter if Wentz or Heinicke is QBing. We're just not a good team. Great weapons, some really good pieces on defense, but our OL sucks and our QBs suck, so we don't belong in the playoffs.

That is just a sour grapes mentality that I don't believe in. Giants don't belong in the playoff either but there they are anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

That is just a sour grapes mentality that I don't believe in. Giants don't belong in the playoff either but there they are anyway. 

Teams that take care of business when it matters most deserve to be in the playoffs, and the giants did just that. They belong in the playoffs and I could see them giving the 49ers a decent game in the first round. 

26 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Who punted from the 34 yard line in one of the Giants game. Or go for it on 4th and 1 instead of taking 3 in the San Fran game or trying to have Taylor be the ball carrier on 4th and 1. Oh yeah Ron. So not all Taylor's fault. Lots of play calling blunders as well. Not running Rob more either. The 1st Giants game we should have won and the second one too after being off for a week. The coach didn't have his team ready after 3 weeks of just playing the same ****ing team.

Oh well whatever at this point since our OL sucked anyway. It was nice to hope at least and to have a tad bit of hope on the 1st day of a new year. 

Fixed it, 

counting from after the 1st game ended.

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

No it's being realistic and deciding not to settle for utter mediocrity. We don't belong in the playoffs (neither do the Giants) and we'd probably be eliminated with a quickness if we were. I also don't want the players of a bad team thinking they get a pass because they happened to be in a super weak division and basically fell backwards into a playoff game.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Teams that take care of business when it matters most deserve to be in the playoffs, and the giants did just that. They belong in the playoffs and I could see them giving the 49ers a decent game in the first round. 

But WE put them in the playoffs. They barely beat us a team who got their asses kicked by the Browns. 

30 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I feel the same way, though. I'm tired of running the math to find a way that we can still sneak in, if the right combination of teams lose. If we can't win one out of four, then we should be out. 

Watching the game today, I found myself less sad that we didn't stay alive for one more week and more sad that it was obvious we aren't good enough to be a playoff team. 

I am encouraged for the future, though. New owner and we have some legit talent on the roster...just not enough yet. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Giants took care of business when they needed to. 1-0-1 against us. They manhandled the Colts today knowing a win would lock them into a playoff spot. We went 0-1-1 against the Giants and squeaked by the Colts 17-16. Maybe they won't last long in the playoffs, but they earned it. We didn't. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, moboy36 said:

I feel the same way, though. I'm tired of running the math to find a way that we can still sneak in, if the right combination of teams lose. If we can't win one out of four, then we should be out. 

Watching the game today, I found myself less sad that we didn't stay alive for one more week and more sad that it was obvious we aren't good enough to be a playoff team. 

I am encouraged for the future, though. New owner and we have some legit talent on the roster...just not enough yet. 

Yep. For once in my life, I’d love to be 8-4/9-4, maybe 9-5, in December and not needing to rely on help if we lose a game. It’s annoying as ****.,

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Its not even about the records. Just watch us play. Do we LOOK like a playoff team? We can't really move the ball. We don't make big explosive plays. We're just boring and unpleasant to watch. A team like that shouldn't be in qualification for the postseason. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its not even about the records. Just watch us play. Do we LOOK like a playoff team? We can't really move the ball. We don't make big explosive plays. We're just boring and unpleasant to watch. A team like that shouldn't be in qualification for the postseason. 

Eh, mclaurin and Dotson have made big explosive plays, it’s just that we can’t score more than 20 points a game, unless you’re playing crappy teams like we were. 

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Eh, mclaurin and Dotson have made big explosive plays, it’s just that we can’t score more than 20 points a game, unless you’re playing crappy teams like we were. 

I love both those guys. But the overall totality of the team is just an absolute mess to watch. 

• Like 2

As a side note, I believe our 2023 results-based opponents are close to set now… 

We will play at Denver

We will host Chicago 

Will we travel to Carolina or Atlanta (whoever finishes last— I don’t think New Orleans can now) 

Color me dense but I don’t get the entire “they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs” logic be it NYG or Aaron Rogers.

If they do what needs to be done to earn a spot in the playoffs, doesn’t that de facto allow them to deserve to be there?

I mean, what team “deserves it” more than the team that did what it needed to do?  

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Color me dense but I don’t get the entire “they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs” logic be it NYG or Aaron Rogers.

If they do what needs to be done to earn a spot in the playoffs, doesn’t that de facto allow them to deserve to be there?

I mean, what team “deserves it” more than the team that did what it needed to do?  

Just watch the team play. Do they LOOK the part?

The Giants actually do look like a playoff team now. Maybe not a Super Bowl team, but they make plays on offense and defense. And the Packers have Aaron Rodgers, so they always have a chance.

We're a mess. We don't look the part. Color me relieved we're eliminated.

17 minutes ago, kleese said:

As a side note, I believe our 2023 results-based opponents are close to set now… 

We will play at Denver

We will host Chicago 

Will we travel to Carolina or Atlanta (whoever finishes last— I don’t think New Orleans can now) 

Next years schudule will be very difficult.

Nfc east  Phl, Dallas, Nyg

Afc east Buffalo Njj Mia Ne

Nfc West  Lar Arz Sf Sea

A couple other teams 

Sorry, but Ron is a joke. Whenever I see his face I just see a "sucker" like in those old Bugs Bunny cartoons. We can't march that fool out again as our HC, everyone is going to take us even less seriously and no player would not want to come here even more. Bite the bullet, rip off the band-aid and get Rivera out.

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Just watch the team play. Do they LOOK the part?

The Giants actually do look like a playoff team now. Maybe not a Super Bowl team, but they make plays on offense and defense. And the Packers have Aaron Rodgers, so they always have a chance.

We're a mess. We don't look the part. Color me relieved we're eliminated.

I don’t get your angst.  I didn’t mention, imply or state anything related to the Skins being anywhere near a playoff looking team.  🤷‍♂️ 

I was referring to the previous NYG and Rogers don’t deserve to be in the playoffs posts….I even directly stated that in the post you quoted.  Again, 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by stoshuaj

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

Disagree.  The Giants have a good o-line, good d-line, and above average QB play.  They most definitely deserve playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

As much as I love McLaurin, how good has this team been with him?  Losing record every year with him.  We would be better off trading all our receivers for starting calibur o-line.  You build a team starting with the QB and the lines, not weapons.  Look at the Giants.  

Since the playoffs talk is off the table.

Now the question is, Can they get to 8 wins for the first time since 2016? Or will they finish with 7 for the 5th time in 6?

Impressive that this team has been on the cusp of being mediocre for over 3 decades.

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Next years schudule will be very difficult.

Nfc east  Phl, Dallas, Nyg

Afc east Buffalo Njj Mia Ne

Nfc West  Lar Arz Sf Sea

A couple other teams 

It is one of the reasons I am disappointed about this year. They failed to take advantage of a weak schedule like the Giants did. 

That being said, the league changes year after year. The hope is that the only top 10 QBs they are set to face next year as of now are Hurts, Dak and Allen. As Sheehan points out, without the top 10 QB, these teams seesaw year to year