Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well…..ok, but how big of a game it felt or didn’t feel to any of us is irrelevant, the fact is it WAS a meaningful game 100% because it meant we won the division. There’s no “technically” about it just because it didn’t feel like a big game

Let me put it this way— it probably isn’t in the Top 50 of the biggest wins during my lifetime. Considering it was a win-and-in situation that tells you all you need to know. 

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well…..ok, but how big of a game it felt or didn’t feel to any of us is irrelevant, the fact is it WAS a meaningful game 100% because it meant we won the division. There’s no “technically” about it just because it didn’t feel like a big game

why are you like this man 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Conn said:

why are you like this man 

oh, soooooo sorry for informing the guy that there is no “technically” about that game being the last time this team won a meaningful game this late in the year 😂 I’ll be sure to check with you on what I can post next time, boss! Good lord. Leave me the **^* alone.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

It's not likely that all 3 lose and we win on Sunday. It would be phenomenal though. However, I could absolutely see 2 of the 3 lose and we win. That would be a huge success for us. Eliminates two of them. Then we dont even necessarily have to beat Dallas. We would just need one other game to go our way in week 18. It would be Washington gets in with win vs Dallas OR a loss by so and so. Two different ways for us to get in, in the last week. That's my realistic goal. Two of the three teams 0.5 back of us lose and we win. Looking pretty good at that point.

I'll take winning the last 2 games instead of leaving things to chance or backing in.  Just easier that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, kleese said:

Let me put it this way— it probably isn’t in the Top 50 of the biggest wins during my lifetime. Considering it was a win-and-in situation that tells you all you need to know. 

Yes, it tells me you aren't  a reliable judge of these sorts of things

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kleese said:

Well, my final prediction is a sad one: I don’t think the Cowboys game will matter. As a gambler I can’t get past the obvious signs. Browns have to be the play. And it’s going to be hard for them to cover and NOT win (unless we win by exactly one point). I think Watson will have his best game so far and the game will stay uncomfortably close late into 4th. I’ll say he gets his first “moment” and Browns win 23-20. I am also predicting wins from the Lions and Bears, which would eliminate us before week 18– although I do think Vikings have a better chance to win that majority seem to think. I think they are a good bet at +3.5. 

Lions and Bears are playing each other so they're  not both winning thus Sunday

And the Vikings are playing the Packers so I don't  know why there's any sort of no chance thing going on

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I venture a guess a lot of us find that game to be forgettable for a variety of reasons.  

It was cool in the moment, but ‘winning’ a division at 7-9, in the capacity we did is not a great memory for me as a fan.

Sure. But the question was when was the last time this team won a meaningful game this late in the year. That was a meaningful game this late in the year that they won, so that’s the answer. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I'll take winning the last 2 games instead of leaving things to chance or backing in.  Just easier that way.

Yeah, and for the love of God can we please stop praying that the cowboys have nothing to play for, it's demeaning. 

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Yeah, and for the love of God can we please stop praying that the cowboys have nothing to play for, it's demeaning. 

Why?  At full strength they would wipe the floor with us.  I'm glad they're banged up.  I don't give a damn how we get into the playoffs, just as long as we get there, that's fine with me.  Dallas is the WORST matchup in the NFC for us after SF.  I'm rooting hard for an Eagles win on Sunday against the Saints.  That would mean that Dallas would rest most of their starters, especially the starters that are banged up.  Apparently, Dak hyper-extended his knee last night, so it would be great if he could get some rest next week if Philly clinches the NFCE and the #1 seed.

I'm not upset at rooting for opposing starters to be out, in order to benefit from that.  We want to face the Vikings in the playoffs, so I'm going to root like hell for MIN to get that #2 seed.  Don't want a rematch with SF, with Deebo Samuel returning.

I'm always for the path of LEAST resistance.  I would love a TB Vs. WSH NFC Championship game.  That would mean that the elite teams are gone, and we would have a shot at the Super Bowl.

Edited by samy316
  • Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sure. But the question was when was the last time this team won a meaningful game this late in the year. That was a meaningful game this late in the year that they won, so that’s the answer. 

Deciding that it wasn't  memorable despite being meaningful says weird things about our fanbase to me

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

End of 2015 season, that win in Philly was a lot of fun and meaningful but its been a long time since

Were you in a coma on January 3rd, 2021? Because that win meant winning the division (which ended up being bad in hindsight, but that’s irrelevant to the game being meaningful at the time). 

Cowboys starting C was carted off the field and Dak got up pretty gimpy after a couple of hits, I don't think it is beyond reasonable to think that even if Dallas starts Week 18 with their starters in, if the game is close and Dak is taking hits etc etc....McCarthy might start pulling them.  

10 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Your definition of "meaningful" differs from mine lol...

I bet. 

Eagles were just one game behind and it was the next to last game of the season.  But I know it was via the QB you hated at the time, lol I recall that QB thread vivdly.   But if you get past that, it was a big win at the time.  Chris Baker went nuts after the game, greeted by fans coming off the team plane with a heros welcome.  Can't recall fan excitement to that level since.  It wasn't 2012 level.  But can't recall hype in a cliching game since. 

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Were you in a coma on January 3rd, 2021? Because that win meant winning the division (which ended up being bad in hindsight, but that’s irrelevant to the game being meaningful at the time). 

The way I take this debate is a big game where the team had to rise to the occasion to win.  I wasn't really anxious about that game at least from what I recall.

The game was sort of a blah, plodding game, and I expected them to win with the Eagles resting dudes in a meanginless game and they still almost blew it.   

I don't recall the fan hype being similar to the 2015 clincher game against that same team on the road who at the time was playing

Edited by Skinsinparadise

The Eagles beating the Saints on Sunday officially eliminates the Cowboys chances to improve their playoff seeding in Week 18.  I think it could effect who plays Week 18 and for how long.   I don't think the "send the other team home" aspect comes into play as much when that team itself is already in the playoffs.  Usually it's the mediocre teams who are already eliminated that get all hyped up at the chance to send another team to the post season observer couch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The way I take this debate is a big game where the time had to rise to the occasion to win.  I wasn't really anxious about that game at least from what I recall.

The game was sort of a blah, plodding game, and I expected them to win with the Eagles resting dudes in a meanginless game.   

I don't recall the fan hype being similar to the 2015 clincher game against that same team on the road who at the time was playing

Meaningful games means a game that improves or decreases your playoff chances. The game just two years ago was a “win and in” game, which means if we had lost, we wouldn’t have made the playoffs. People are thinking wayyyyy too hard about the question that was asked by @skinsfan66. How much hype the game had to some people is irrelevant 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Deciding that it wasn't  memorable despite being meaningful says weird things about our fanbase to me

Dude, it was a 6-9 team led by a bunch of meh QB’s that won their games against a bunch of deadbeat QB’s, who needed a phantom Hurts benching to solidify ‘winning’ the division at 7-9 only to immediately lose the next week in the wild card.

It’s much more weird to find it particularly meaningful or memorable in a fond way.

• Like 1