Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

12 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Lions are taking one of the two spots we're fighting for and I have a hard time seeing us grab the other one now. 

Us, the Seahawks and the Gnats have a very tough schedule. The Lions are strolling. Packers have a brutal finish to their season, so I doubt they catch up.

We need more than a 12 points of moxie offense to have a prayer and we are trending down hard.

Guess we better get an Oline that can actually block a high-school defense then......We have 0 chance...let's move on to the draft and score some UDFA to fill in our Pro Bowl caliber line.🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

I think most of us fans did not believe the hype going into the "Win and In" flexed-Giants game.

Many of us who watched hours of painful Commanders football this season did not buy all that jazz during the SNF pregame show... that we're a SB contender.

Well boys... we had our "Playoff" game last sunday... with two games to prepare.  With a national TV spotlight in Primetime.  And with everything on the line. 

and... we performed just as we thought we would (based on the hours we've seen this season).

All this talk of post-season runs is premature.

Just beat the team in front of you.  Beat the 9ERs for pete's sake!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, petey hodge said:

I think most of us fans did not believe the hype going into the "Win and In" flexed-Giants game.

Many of us who watched hours of painful Commanders football this season did not buy all that jazz during the SNF pregame show... that we're a SB contender.

Well boys... we had our "Playoff" game last sunday... with two games to prepare.  With a national TV spotlight in Primetime.  And with everything on the line. 

and... we performed just as we thought we would (based on the hours we've seen this season).

All this talk of post-season runs is premature.

Just beat the team in front of you.  Beat the 9ERs for pete's sake!

I bought in about a day before the second Giants game. 

What can I say I'm a sucker for red flags.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I bought in about a day before the second Giants game. 

What can I say I'm a sucker for red flags.

Ahh, if it was yellow flags you would have gotten everything you needed from that game. So close 

• Haha 4

Besides the more difficult path to the playoffs, the Giants loss messes up our 2023 schedule. If we finish in 3rd place we would be playing at the Raiders and at the Saints along with hosting the Packers if the season ended today. Vegas and New Orleans are by far two of the funnest places to be as an away fan in my opinion. New Orleans is still in play if we finish last but Vegas is not. We will in all likelihood end up going to Denver if we don’t catch the Giants. I want Vegas again. I was there for the Patriots game this past Sunday and last year for our game. Best game day experience anywhere. 

On 12/21/2022 at 5:00 PM, SoCalSkins said:

Besides the more difficult path to the playoffs, the Giants loss messes up our 2023 schedule. If we finish in 3rd place we would be playing at the Raiders and at the Saints along with hosting the Packers if the season ended today. Vegas and New Orleans are by far two of the funnest places to be as an away fan in my opinion. New Orleans is still in play if we finish last but Vegas is not. We will in all likelihood end up going to Denver if we don’t catch the Giants. I want Vegas again. I was there for the Patriots game this past Sunday and last year for our game. Best game day experience anywhere. 

I've been focused on this too during the season, two of my best all time road experiences is Vegas and New Orleans. 😧

So right now, thinking LA to see that stadium or Seattle (never been).  Saints though can still finish last. 

playoffs.png

playoffs2.png

Considering how we started , it’s nice to be in the playoff hunt.  We likely finish 2-1 or 1-2 or even 0-3. The first scenario gets us a playoff spot if Detroit doesn’t win it.

Question: Detroit did beat us but who gets in, if we finish 9-6-1 and they finish 9-7? Does head to head apply since both have 9 wins? Do we get in because of the tie?

My gut says we end up missing with an 8-8-1 record. My 21 prediction coming true a year late.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Considering how we started , it’s nice to be in the playoff hunt.  We likely finish 2-1 or 1-2 or even 0-3. The first scenario gets us a playoff spot if Detroit doesn’t win it.

Question: Detroit did beat us but who gets in, if we finish 9-6-1 and they finish 9-7? Does head to head apply since both have 9 wins? Do we get in because of the tie?

My gut says we end up missing with an 8-8-1 record. My 21 prediction coming true a year late.

Head to head with Detroit can only come into play if they tie one of their remaining games. 9-7-1 is better than 9-8 as it represents a better winning %

6 hours ago, kleese said:

Head to head with Detroit can only come into play if they tie one of their remaining games. 9-7-1 is better than 9-8 as it represents a better winning %

Or if the Commanders tie another one. It would be the first time in history a team got 2 ties since the introduction of overtime. That'd be fun.

2 hours ago, bacchist said:

Or if the Commanders tie another one. It would be the first time in history a team got 2 ties since the introduction of overtime. That'd be fun.

Honestly I was kinda hoping the colts would get their 2nd tie last weekend when there was less than a minute left in overtime 😂 

• Haha 1

Funny, I’ve analyzed and stressed over the Lions/Panthers game more than ours this week. Deep down, I kinda think the game in Charlotte today will ultimately decide the last WC. Obviously lots of things can happen no matter what happens today, but I just have a suspicion that today is the day we need Detroit to lose. I’m very locked on that game. I think Carolina is going to win, but I’m like 51/49 on that prediction. I think Panthers are the right side from a gambling aspect and I like that the spread has been sitting at 2.5 most the week (those that gamble regularly will know why). Carolina kind of got bullied by Pitt last week which was surprising to me, but prior to that they’ve played quite well under Wilks, and Darnold has made them SLIGHTLY more dangerous on offense. Very much hoping Carolina can get off to a good start and make Detroit play chase a bit— let’s see if the pressure can mount on Lions. I’ll certainly be glued to that game. 

The dangerous game I’m playing is assuming KC will beat Seattle. If Seahawks win, that throws a whole wrench into the playoff machine. I am confident Mahomes and friends take care of business and win by 10+, but this is the NFL and we see it every week. I take nothing for granted. 

All I want is for Detroit and Seattle to lose. If those two things happen early, then it’s almost like our game is house money. It’s possible we already “win” today before we even play. Then, it would be a matter of being able to take a win and turn it into a landslide. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I still think the Giants can lose their last 3 games.

Also, if the Lions win Today, I we need the Packers to beat the Dolphins to stay in the race and not sit Rodgers for the final game against the Lions.   

I don’t think GB would do that because I don’t think Rodgers would want that. Always possible they give Love a start just because but I’d be a little surprised if Rodgers voluntarily sat it out. 

I think what the Eagles do is more important than anything else in our division. If they win, will they rest starters against Giants? If Dallas loses, will they rest starters against us? Even so, I can't see a division rival letting another division rival just walk into the post season. We are not in complete control of our destiny.

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I think what the Eagles do is more important than anything else in our division. If they win, will they rest starters against Giants? If Dallas loses, will they rest starters against us? Even so, I can't see a division rival letting another division rival just walk into the post season. We are not in complete control of our destiny.

The Giants barely matter to us now regardless. It’s unlikely we will need Giants to lose week 18 in order to get in. It’s possible, but way down on the list of probable scenarios. 

The whole “nothing to play for” thing is pretty overstated in the NFL as well. Yes, teams that have cliched are more likely to rest a few key players and less likely to prep for the game in an all-out fashion. But rosters aren’t big enough for all of the players that matter to sit. And the players that DO play will play hard. It’s not like Gardner Minshew won’t try in week 18 if he’s playing— same with Cooper Rush if he starts against us. In some ways having nothing to play for can also lead to a team playing loose and free and taking some chances they may not otherwise. 

Right now it’s possible the Eagles, Cowboys, and Packers will have nothing on the line in week 18 against the Giants, Commanders, and Lions. But that does NOT mean those teams are just gonna lay down completely. More likely they make some judicious decisions and give a chance to some players who haven’t played quite as much. 

• Like 1

Yeah you can't sit everyone, but generally you will sit your QB and anyone who has any sort of bump and bruise. 

Typically guys who are close to major incentives will play until they reach them, then be rotated in/out as much as possible. So like if Micah Parsons is one sack away from reaching some contract bonus, you bet your rear he's gonna play, at least until he gets that sack(which knowing our OL would probably be the first possession, "lolol").