Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Donny 45

88Comrade2000

4 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

For all the Hogan talk. An African American Female Senate Candidate from Maryland has to be a heavy favorite. Hogan picking to run as a R down ballot from Trump is insane. 

I don't know. She's been slow to put out ads and the name ID is really weak. He opponent in the primary, David Trone, is rich and has been on the air and assaulting my mailbox. Hogan definitely benefits from the lack of name ID of his opponents. He should still lose but it's going to force the party to spend in Maryland. Remind people even fine Republicans are still Republicans and if you want anything the filibuster ended so they can codify abortion you have to vote for the Democrat

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, HoggLife said:

Biden is owned by China and Ukraine. Seems like you are using the same pipe as Hunter. 

Did a Biden get sixteen patents worth close to a billion $ from China and two billion $ from Saudis for a new investment fund or was that a couple members of the trump "crime family" named Jared and Ivanka?

Has anyone ever profited financially from their presidency to such a wildly extensive degree, and in such unethical and often illegal manners, more than the "trump crime family"?

And 90% of the GOP Congress let him get away with it to the best of their ability (btw I'm not a dem).

As with your racism themed posts, you repeatedly offer no coherent reasoning or rational thought process in support of your comments.

Btw, Trump and his daddy have a long history of racial bigotry as well as other forms of bigotry in their New York (and elsewhere) business dealings  long before his silly TV show and later holding the office he thoroughly, repulsive, sullied. 

They like "their negros" up to a point. Those are  the ones that suit them for whatever use they may get from them. 

Biden, like most folks, is not free from bigoted or ignorant takes either. That's pretty human. 

The difference lies in the degree and frequency of such behavior and willingness to be appropriately enlightened, corrected, and change.

If I chose to, I could be much more harsh and chastising here, and credibly justify it morally, ethically, and intellectually (in terms of the ridiculousness of your "arguments" or claims) all while still remaining within our forum rules, specifically rules five and twelve.

I rewrote those rules into their current form over fifteen years ago and did so with serious deliberation and precision. 

So if you continue to engage in the political discussions, you, like anyone else, better be sure you know what you're doing.

Because I sure as **** do.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Btw, some if not most of the "racist Biden" cut and paste stuff was credibly refuted years ago on snopes and other credible sources.

Other comments Biden made that deserved rebuke are real. Few people I know have never said unfortunate things regarding race, religion, sexual identity, political identity, or certain pro sports teams and their fans.

The important thing about such thoughts and comments is what I identified in my previous post---are you open to appropriate  enlightenment and taking responsibility to change.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

And oddly enough, the worst thing Biden probably did race related was not believing Anita Hill in 1991. Which favored the modern maga GOP considerably. Of course, modern MAGA never believes the women. Especially a women of color. 

4 hours ago, China said:

I don't think I've ever posted anything 8 paragraphs long on this forum.  You must be confusing me with Jumbo.

Yep...

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

And oddly enough, the worst thing Biden probably did race related was not believing Anita Hill in 1991. Which favored the modern maga GOP considerably. Of course, modern MAGA never believes the women. Especially a women of color. 

Yep...

The Hill story is one of the many things about Biden's career that I find a serious misstep. But there's not many politicians, or humans in general, whose life isn't  fairly full of unpleasant thoughts and deeds. 

It's challenging but our value judgments of a group or individual should be based on our best reasoned and most well informed take on the totality of "who and what they are", pluses and minuses. 

Personally, I like to emphasize their haircuts.

• Thumb up 2

One thing the "lamestream media" has accomplished is to now be held in disrepute by a majority of consumers in general, regardless of political identity. 

I had the three major broadcast networks' news divisions among the sources ahead of CNN and MSNBC in overall worth in recent years but with what NBC continues to allow on CNBC for years now and the recent enormous misstep in hiring anti-democracy nutty grifting ronna I'm demoting them.

Still a lot of excellent reporters on CNN and MSNBC but the editorial boards and decision makers have been incredibly gutless and ridiculous. And of course  my saying all this isn't coming from any desire to see things done from some "lefty liberal bias". 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

One thing the "lamestream media" has accomplished is to now be held in disrepute by a majority of consumers in general, regardless of political identity. 

I had the three major broadcast networks' news divisions among the sources ahead of CNN and MSNBC in overall worth in recent years but with what NBC continues to allow on CNBC for years now and the recent enormous misstep in hiring anti-democracy nutty grifting ronna I'm demoting them.

Still a lot of excellent reporters on CNN and MSNBC but the editorial boards and decision makers have been incredibly gutless and ridiculous. And of course  my saying all this isn't coming from any desire to see things done from some "lefty liberal bias". 

CBS is my go-too fwiw.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

Few people I know have never said unfortunate things regarding race..

I never have. Ever.

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

...religion...

I never have, ever.

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

...sexual identity...

I never have. Ever.

14 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

...or certain pro sports teams and their fans.

image.png.f027aeae3070952443901b47853f83cb.png

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

CBS is my go-too fwiw.

Yup. They're #1 in the big guys for me but I still get a lot out of pbs and some bbc and some Scripps news(they're just "ok").

Mainly I like the Reuters and AP feeds. Even the yahoo feeds are ok, not great. And I check in on major sites here and there. I don't do huffpost or devotedly left biased (as I see it) sites and of course there are zero right biased sites I can stomach these days though I'll check the wsj, the hill, and ny times though I have a harsh take on them all for the most part.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

CBS is my go-too fwiw.

So I usta think the same until watching their nightly news broadcast regularly with my folks. For the most part it's filled with corporate ads/agendas and divisive fear mongering. Similar to a lot of our news media in general. Education and information take a backseat to entertainment and profits. 

I agree with PBS, Reuters, and the AP being the best of what's out there. Even tho they still leave a lot to be desired 

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Thumb up 1

Forgive me for extending the OT content, but you're right genius (hence the name, I guess)

It really is the $$ now.

I'm not trying to practice some simplistic Pollyanna view via nostalgia, but for many years NBC, CBS, and abc, both on radio and TV, had a principle based policy in place where their news divisions were separate from the others in the network and we're not looked to for profitability but for adding to a quality reputation for that organization and doing a vital public service at a high level of performance.

Journalism was a real thing, and had long been associated with print media and later radio, until tv changed the most used platform for mass communication, just as the internet has done again. I will avoid sounding like the old guy by citing a long list of great past tv reporters who actually practiced great journalism.

But these days, largely due to the origins of cable news channels (put news in quotes for fox, the Colossus of the three main ones) and the nature of increasing political polarization and, especially and hugely applying to the internet using the spread of deliberate deception to manipulate people, the fight for attention leading to $$$ is the one shared dominant goal among them. Sad face.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Better yet, Trump isn’t running a presidential campaign for Americans.

It’s merely his criminal defense strategy. It’s his last desperate attempt to avoid jail. That’s it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 3/21/2024 at 1:58 PM, @DCGoldPants said:

Can think of some ways that money on the Biden side should be spent. 

On 3/21/2024 at 2:13 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

This doesn’t really line up with other reports that show Biden and his fundraising apparatus having over $150 million on hand. 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/20/politics/fundraising-trump-campaign-biden/index.html

The RNC’s Fundraising Hole Is Even Deeper Than It Looks

It’s no secret that the Republican National Committee is in dire financial straits. But what’s less known is just how bad that situation really is.

On the surface, the RNC currently has more than $11 million on hand for this upcoming election cycle. While that’s less than half of what the Democratic National Committee has in the bank at the moment—and far less than the $77 million the RNC had on hand at this point in the 2020 cycle—the RNC has pointed to fundraising numbers in recent months to suggest the party has turned a corner after a historically bad stretch last year.

However, a close examination of the RNC’s recent financial statements reveals that those numbers are hiding some holes. A lot of the RNC’s recent fundraising—millions of dollars of it—is unusable for political spending. Instead, that money can only support a limited range of activities.

(As luck would have it, much of that money can be spent on Donald Trump’s legal bills, potentially even to help pay down the judgments against him.)

National parties like the RNC and DNC don’t just have one bank account; they also maintain segregated funds for specially designated expenses—conventions, buildings and maintenance, and legal or recount expenses—which can also be funded by donors. Those accounts, sometimes called “Cromnibus” accounts, are subject to a separate set of rules, and while many of those regulations are still not set in stone, one of them is crystal clear: That money cannot be spent on political activity.

The Daily Beast’s analysis of Federal Election Commission filings found that, of the roughly $22.3 million that the RNC has reported raising this year, more than $8 million of it—about 36 percent—cannot be used for political expenses. (At this same point in 2020, the money in the RNC’s Cromnibus accounts accounted for less than 10 percent—$7.5 million—of the total $77 million cash on hand.)

That means that one of every three dollars the RNC has raised this year went into its auxiliary accounts, with the “legal” account alone receiving more than $4 million. By way of comparison, the DNC has reported about $34 million in receipts this year, with roughly $4 million of it—less than 12 percent—directed into its segregated Cromnibus accounts.

The pattern holds true over the last year. Between the beginning of 2023 and the end of February, the DNC raised a total $154 million, with $22.4 million of it in the segregated accounts, FEC filings show. Over the same period, the RNC received less money overall—$109.5 million—with more of it going to its non-political accounts, $24.7 million. (A portion of the segregated account totals reflect outside earnings—such as through interest and dividends—but those amounts are comparatively minimal.)

The upshot is that while the DNC’s cash advantage has allowed the party to build up its main stash to fuel political activities, the RNC’s financial strains could continue to multiply in unexpected ways as the 2024 election approaches.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1