Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

The idea that you’re going to deplatform a former president and current Republican front runner is ridiculous.  If the media did that, they’d be admitting to bias that crosses from merely rhetorical to outright activism.  Even FOXNEWS wouldn’t tell Biden he couldn’t come on the air.  They’d love for him to do so, even while their viewers raged over it.  

Trump is going to generate a lot of press and America is going to have to vote against him anyway.  That’s democracy.  Better that he be forced to contend with tough questions than he be allowed to spend the entire election season hitting soft pitches.  

Now if he wasn’t a presidential candidate I’d agree that the media should just ignore him.  I’d be livid if they had Nick Fuentes or some other fascist on just for the hate ratings.  There’s no hiding an election though.  

• Thumb up 1

Nikk Ha

20 minutes ago, Destino said:

The idea that you’re going to deplatform a former president and current Republican front runner is ridiculous.  If the media did that, they’d be admitting to bias that crosses from merely rhetorical to outright activism.  Even FOXNEWS wouldn’t tell Biden he couldn’t come on the air.  They’d love for him to do so, even while their viewers raged over it.  

Trump is going to generate a lot of press and America is going to have to vote against him anyway.  That’s democracy.  Better that he be forced to contend with tough questions than he be allowed to spend the entire election season hitting soft pitches.  

Now if he wasn’t a presidential candidate I’d agree that the media should just ignore him.  I’d be livid if they had Nick Fuentes or some other fascist on just for the hate ratings.  There’s no hiding an election though.  

Nikki Haley has announced her candidacy. Asa Hutchinson has announced he's running.  Five Republicans have officially announced, not including Ron DeSantis, and others have announced exploratory committees.

And none of those attempted to overturn a free and fair election by inciting a riot at the U.S. Capitol.  None was the first President in the history of the country who denied the Nation a peaceful transfer of power. That is NOT democracy.  None, as far as I know, is a serial sexual predator.

Screw CNN for give a disgraced, twice impeached former President such a platform this early in the 2024 Presidential election.  It was a disaster and they should be ashamed.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I don’t think they have to give everyone that declares for a primary an hour long solo time slot. Some of these people won’t crack 5% in their entire run, and it seems lately we get fields of 10-20 with most having no legitimate chance. 

So that seems like a silly demand and not practical at all. 

I would expect them to do this with anyone with a legitimate chance. I would expect them to give every candidate for the general a town hall. 

and I believe that’s sort of what they’ve done in the past …

• Like 1

Understanding that Trump is the very-likely GOP nominee, you can invite him on, but you can't let him spend the whole time telling lies (with maybe some gentle pushback).  That is completely contrary to journalistic ethics.  CNN should have set up a 100 decibel airhorn that went off after every lie.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, tshile said:

I don’t think they have to give everyone that declares for a primary an hour long solo time slot. Some of these people won’t crack 5% in their entire run, and it seems lately we get fields of 10-20 with most having no legitimate chance. 

So that seems like a silly demand and not practical at all. 

I would expect them to do this with anyone with a legitimate chance. I would expect them to give every candidate for the general a town hall. 

and I believe that’s sort of what they’ve done in the past …

Why not?  Isn't CNN showing the same bias by not platforming the other candidates?  Because they don't have 400 people lined up to view the Townhall?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Understanding that Trump is the very-likely GOP nominee, you can invite him on, but you can't let him spend the whole time telling lies (with maybe some gentle pushback).  That is completely contrary to journalistic ethics.  CNN should have set up a 100 decibel airhorn that went off after every lie.  

That’s reasonable enough for me, I’d have loved more pushback.  

19 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Why not?  Isn't CNN showing the same bias by not platforming the other candidates?  Because they don't have 400 people lined up to view the Townhall?  

Organizing a town hall for candidates the American people favor in polls, isn’t CNN’s bias.  That’s who the electorate is favoring.  I expect CNN will have town halls for more than just Trump, but not everyone is going to gain the support needed to justify the same level of coverage.  

Biden will get every prime time slot he wants, Marianne Williamson will not.  Speaking of which the Trump campaign is once again going to hustle him out in front of crowds as much as possible, then argue Biden is too old to do likewise.  If you don’t like seeing his dumb orange face on TV this election season is going to be rough.

26 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Yes. The bias is: you’re not polling well enough to be a legitimate candidate

and that’s perfectly ok. It’s not CNN’s job to give every person that fills out the paperwork equal time on their platform. 

I don’t know what the threshold should be, but expecting otherwise is silly. 

if you recall - the debates had a rule that required polling above a certain % to be invited to the debate, because there were too many candidates. This is no different.

“Folks laughed at [Joseph] McCarthy back in the fifties when he was talking about communism invading these shores. But those folks were telling the truth. And now because people ignored that truth, those things have come back in spades,” he said. “Folks didn’t believe [Joseph] McCarthy when he said our government was covered up with communists. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Bernie Sanders is proof of that.”

Pointing Laughing GIF

19 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Hope it was worth it, CNN (it wasn't). You're going to make the same mistake many more times over the next 16+ months. 

4 hours ago, Dan T. said:

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

CNN Trump Town Hall Flops With Ratings Lower Than 2016

The ratings are in for CNN’s Trump town hall, and the special only drew the audience for an average Tucker Carlson show.

Here are the ratings:

CNN was expecting a ratings bonanza after the E. Jean Carroll verdict, but instead, Trump drew fewer viewers than the last CNN town hall that he did in March 2016 (3.2 million), and it was nearly eight times fewer viewers than the 2015 Republican primary debate that CNN hosted (23 million).

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Something like this:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, China said:

CNN Trump Town Hall Flops With Ratings Lower Than 2016

The ratings are in for CNN’s Trump town hall, and the special only drew the audience for an average Tucker Carlson show.

Here are the ratings:

CNN was expecting a ratings bonanza after the E. Jean Carroll verdict, but instead, Trump drew fewer viewers than the last CNN town hall that he did in March 2016 (3.2 million), and it was nearly eight times fewer viewers than the 2015 Republican primary debate that CNN hosted (23 million).

Click on the link for the full article

Well, no ****ing duh. It wasn't a town hall. It was a more relaxed campaign rally. Even his hardcore base knew they wanted to see him bite the head off a bat on stage and weren't going to get that. Him just bull****ting and insulting people that way isn't as fun.

If other outlets offer him the same, there is no reason for him to get on a stage with any other candidate ever.

4 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Well, no ****ing duh. It wasn't a town hall. It was a more relaxed campaign rally. Even his hardcore base knew they wanted to see him bite the head off a bat on stage and weren't going to get that. Him just bull****ting and insulting people that way isn't as fun.

If other outlets offer him the same, there is no reason for him to get on a stage with any other candidate ever.

Good, Biden should debate everyone else in the primary. Give them some free press against Trump.