Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

2 hours ago, China said:

Campaign Finance Watchdogs Threaten No Labels With Lawsuit

A coalition of left-leaning and nonpartisan campaign finance groups appear on the verge of filing lawsuits and complaints aiming to force the well-heeled centrist group, No Labels, to reveal its donors as it prepares to back a third-party bid for the presidency, according to a letter obtained by HuffPost.

In the letter, sent Thursday night to No Labels CEO Nancy Jacobson, the groups ― including End Citizens United, Black Voters Matter, the League of Women Voters, and the Campaign Legal Center ― suggest they are giving No Labels a final chance to voluntarily reveal their donors.

“No Labels’ refusal to disclose its funders is disturbing and unlawful. Secret political spending is one of the most corrupting influences in politics and having a secret money organization impersonating a political party severely undermines the democratic process as a whole,” the groups wrote in the letter, adding: “If you continue to deprive voters of the information to which they are entitled, our organizations will consider legal action to vindicate American voters’ legal right to know who is using No Labels to try to buy the 2024 presidential election.”

The letter is both a reflection of how No Labels seems to be skirting the law surrounding nonprofits and political activity by failing to register as a political party, and to how Democratic-aligned groups remain worried about the possibility No Labels will possibly tilt the presidential election toward Republican Donald Trump.

No Labels did not respond to an email sent Thursday night requesting comment. The group has suggested it does not need to disclose its donors because the candidate it eventually chooses to support will have to file with the FEC and reveal their financial backers.

“There’s nothing nefarious going on here,” Jacobson insisted to NBC News last year when asked about donor disclosure.

Click on the link for the full article

And if they refuse to comply with law, what happens?  The get disbanded after the damage is done and nobody does jail time?

10 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

And if they refuse to comply with law, what happens?  The get disbanded after the damage is done and nobody does jail time?

What law?  The one that bans dark money?  There isn’t one that Im aware of. Just ones that make the dark money jump through hoops. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

15 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What law?  The one that bans dark money?  There isn’t one that Im aware of. Just ones that make the dark money jump through hoops. 

I was just going by the quote referring to it as unlawful.  I trust any random quote that implies Republicans or Republican-collaborators are criminals.  More likely than not to be accurate.

‘It Will Be a Nail Biter’: A Third-Party Scholar on the 2024 Election

Click above link for full article.

>>>

2024 would seem to be ripe for a third-party candidate. The likely nominees of both major parties are deeply unpopular. Prominent independent contenders, including Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Cornel West, have already announced bids. And the deep-pocketed group No Labels is eyeing its own potential yet-to-be named ticket.

“There is a huge opening for third parties,” said Bernard Tamas, a political scientist at Valdosta State University who studies third party movements in the United States and is the author of “ The Demise and Rebirth of American Third Parties.”<<<<

The DeSantis - Haley debate was just brutal.  They both had knives out for each other. Nikki mentioned Ron DeSantis lies dot com about 200 times. 

Please tell me why they wouldn't have agreed to spend about 25 minutes up front tag teaming Trump, because that would have been effective. 

Trump's scared to defend his record... he was the right President in 2016, but we need new generational leadership now, you shouldn't nominate someone who could be convicted. We need to get beyond the chaos and madmess.  Trump actually didn't do what he promised.  Trump was horrible for the national debt. 

52 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

The DeSantis - Haley debate was just brutal.  They both had knives out for each other. Nikki mentioned Ron DeSantis lies dot com about 200 times. 

Please tell me why they wouldn't have agreed to spend about 25 minutes up front tag teaming Trump, because that would have been effective. 

Trump's scared to defend his record... he was the right President in 2016, but we need new generational leadership now, you shouldn't nominate someone who could be convicted. We need to get beyond the chaos and madmess.  Trump actually didn't do what he promised.  Trump was horrible for the national debt. 

Because they don't think (and likely have polling data showing) it would have done any good.  So they are fighting for 2nd and VP nom. and/or a place at the table in 2028.  With a slim hope that other things will remove Trump from their path in 2024 (a conviction or serious health issue).

Edited by PeterMP
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Because they are both spineless frauds. The only way they would get the nominations is if Don dropped dead before the convention, and they could get his supporters to move to them. They don't realize that if he died, they'd be blamed like Loomer suggested Haley has an in with the Deep State to control the weather and make it a snowstorm for Iowa. 

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Because they are both spineless frauds. The only way they would get the nominations is if Don dropped dead before the convention, and they could get his supporters to move to them. They don't realize that if he died, they'd be blamed like Loomer suggested Haley has an in with the Deep State to control the weather and make it a snowstorm for Iowa. 

Could be hoping for him to go to prison and trade a pardon for his support.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

He was never the right president.

I was regarded by many peers, educators, and supervisors in the profession as having a very solid grasp of current behavioral science.

I say this not to be self-aggrandizing, but to separate from my own (still typically objective and critical) views of my competency and try to be guided by more empirical data re: gauging my level of knowledge and abilities.

With that as context, I have yet to be able to find a palatable understanding of the cognition of  people who show even an "average" intellectual level and any (commonly regarded) reasonable level of "character" can have EVER regarded this worthless vile disgusting harmful meatsack as anything other than that, even if all they knew was from his appearances on that TV show, let alone his life history / background and his conduct as a political animal.

One of the most befuddling matters in cognitive functioning I've ever witnessed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

To follow up: 

Let me be clear, it's easy for me to get the people who are just so full of intense dislike or outright hate for all things left/dem that they'll support even garbage like trump over obviously more decent, intelligent, competent people of the hated tribe.

It's more the seemingly brain damaged types who casually and totally reject obvious reality in so many ways on so many matters involving trump and how they manifest their partisanship.

And who have such vitriolic negative thoughts, attitudes, and actions they'll direct at people who are far less guilty of the very things they'll decry than trump and magas are.

The best I can call it is absolute stupidity and wilful, malignant, arrogant, aggressive ignorance.

But labeling it doesn't make it more understandable in the "how does that work; how do they (the tends of millions who do) buy their own bull**** for even a minute and overlook their obvious distortions and hypocrisy".

But out of all that, it's still understanding those folks that did and do often exhibit intellect and decency in various matters but also found times and matters where they supported trump at some level. That's the most challenging part.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

If you believe that America must be punished for her sins, then Trump winning in 2016 was the punishment.

In 24 we will either learn from our 4 year punishment and defeat him once and for all or we will not have learned and sow the seeds of our destruction and put him back in. 

Haley fares best against Biden as GOP contenders hold national leads https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nikki-haley-fares-best-against-biden-2024-presidential-election-poll/

While Republican primary voters think Donald Trump is their best shot in November, it's Nikki Haley who right now holds a bigger lead over Joe Biden than either Trump or Ron DeSantis in potential head-to-head match-ups.

In fact, as the GOP presidential nomination kicks off, Trump, Haley and DeSantis all have at least a slight national edge on President Biden right now, were they to emerge as his challenger. (Haley and DeSantis have tougher roads to get that chance, of course, since they trail Trump substantially in the race for the nomination.)