Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

Sex trafficking victim says Sen. Katie Britt telling her story during SOTU rebuttal is ‘not fair’

“I hardly ever cooperate with politicians, because it seems to me that they only want an image. They only want a photo — and that to me is not fair,” Karla Jacinto told CNN on Sunday.

Jacinto said she met the senator at an event at the southern border with other government officials and anti-human-trafficking activists, instead of one-on-one as Britt stated. She also said that she was never trafficked in the United States, as Britt appeared to suggest. She was not trafficked by Mexican drug cartels, but by a pimp who operated as part of a family that entrapped vulnerable girls to force them into prostitution, she said.

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To cut through all the noise, the bottom line is that Joe Biden is a decent, empathetic man and Donald Trump is a vile human being.

For the future of this country, I hope that counts for something.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

To cut through all the noise, the bottom line is that Joe Biden is a decent, empathetic man and Donald Trump is a vile human being.

For the future of this country, I hope that counts for something.

Me, I vote based on what I think the country will look like if they win. 

Fortunately, in this case, both criteria yeild the same decision. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Former President Donald Trump briefly suggested “cutting” spending on entitlements like Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, while speaking to CNBC’s Joe Kernen on Monday, a departure from his previous positions in 2016 and 2020, when he vigorously defended the popular programs[.]

One of many sources on this.  He knocked out Haley and DeSantis over social security and medicare changes.  But this is a little bit shocking as he constantly distinguishes himself on the campaign trail with this. 

I think some of his budgets had cuts as well.

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

One of many sources on this.  He knocked out Haley and DeSantis over social security and medicare changes.  But this is a little bit shocking as he constantly distinguishes himself on the campaign trail with this. 

I think some of his budgets had cuts as well.

Like Haley, I doubt Donny had many positions he sticks too (deep derp)....other than his hatred of black people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

I think some of his budgets had cuts [to SS/Medicare] as well.

Wouldn't surprise me. Since his budgets were written by Paul Ryan types.  And Trump absolutely didn't even attempt to understand them. 

• Like 2

Former advisers sound the alarm that Trump praises despots in private and on the campaign trail

To Donald Trump, Hungarian strongman Viktor Orbán is “fantastic,” Chinese leader Xi Jinping is “brilliant,” North Korea’s Kim Jong Un is “an OK guy,” and, most alarmingly, he allegedly said Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” a worldview that would reverse decades-old US foreign policy in a second term should he win November’s presidential election, multiple former senior advisers told CNN.

“He thought Putin was an OK guy and Kim was an OK guy — that we had pushed North Korea into a corner,” retired Gen. John Kelly, who served as Trump’s chief of staff, told me. “To him, it was like we were goading these guys. ‘If we didn’t have NATO, then Putin wouldn’t be doing these things.’”

Trump’s lavish praise for Hungarian Prime Minister Orbán while hosting him at Mar-a-Lago on Friday, just days after all but sealing the Republican nomination on Super Tuesday, shows it’s a worldview he’s doubling down on.

“There’s nobody that’s better, smarter or a better leader than Viktor Orbán,” Trump said, adding, “He’s the boss and he’s a great leader, fantastic leader. In Europe and around the world, they respect him.”

Trump allegedly reserved some of his most unnerving praise for Hitler, who led Nazi Germany during World War II.

“He said, ‘Well, but Hitler did some good things.’ I said, ‘Well, what?’ And he said, ‘Well, [Hitler] rebuilt the economy.’ But what did he do with that rebuilt economy? He turned it against his own people and against the world. And I said, ‘Sir, you can never say anything good about the guy. Nothing,’” Kelly recounted. “I mean, Mussolini was a great guy in comparison.”

“It’s pretty hard to believe he missed the Holocaust, though, and pretty hard to understand how he missed the 400,000 American GIs that were killed in the European theater,” Kelly told me. “But I think it’s more, again, the tough guy thing.”

Trump’s admiration for Hitler went further than the German leader’s economic policies, according to Kelly. Trump also expressed admiration for Hitler’s hold on senior Nazi officers. Trump lamented that Hitler, as Kelly recounted, maintained his senior staff’s “loyalty,” while Trump himself often did not.

“He would ask about the loyalty issues and about how, when I pointed out to him the German generals as a group were not loyal to him, and in fact tried to assassinate him a few times, and he didn’t know that,” Kelly recalled. “He truly believed, when he brought us generals in, that we would be loyal — that we would do anything he wanted us to do,” Kelly told me.

Click on the link for the full article

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Why does he think "free J6 hostages" will appeal to independent voters?   

Because he's a fool. I've worked for a boss who would go into a rage at any sign of bad news. Anytime something went wrong, anything there was a problem, it was never about fixing the problem. The first act was to always find out who did it, so they could be yelled at or humiliated in front of everyone. All this did was cause a huge turnover rate, the people that stayed would just hide, lie or ignore any problems and not bring them to the attention of the boss. 

This is how Trump's orbit operates, he'll walk into a buzzsaw and his people will let him do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/republican-primaries-washington-georgia-mississippi-trump-2024/

Former President Donald Trump may be able to clinch the Republican presidential nomination on Tuesday, after results are in from the four GOP voting contests taking place in Georgia, Washington, Mississippi and Hawaii. 

Georgia, Mississippi and Washington are all holding primaries, while Hawaii is holding caucuses.

Trump's remaining major rival, former United Nations Ambassador Gov. Nikki Haley, dropped her White House bid after the Super Tuesday primaries