Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

20 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If some post-Trump neocon center of gravity emerges in the GOP, I don't think Nikki Haley will be the one to lead it.  Most of the real power players in GOP politics had the good sense to sit this one out and wait for Trump to die. 

Oh. I agree. I just picked the last group. This MAGA thing is what drives states GOP orgs bankrupt. When he goes tits up, who from this thing steps up and is accepted as the next leader? 

• Like 1

Junior is hoping it's himself, you know the monarchy thing. Bet he gets married before the election to gin up some interest. He's knumbskull like his younger brother. The only one with real brains is Ivanka and she's eclipsed by her hubby and if Daddy's gone, she's toast. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Oh. I agree. I just picked the last group. This MAGA thing is what drives states GOP orgs bankrupt. When he goes tits up, who from this thing steps up and is accepted as the next leader? 

My pick is Matt Gaetz. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Just to add, I also doubt Haley can lead a post-Trump GOP simply because she's a female non-Christian.  Whatever comes after Trump is going to still be heavily "Christian".

However, she also is where she is.  And for her she either needs to back down, give up, and concede, and hope she's let back into the Trump/right wing sphere.  Or double down and up the attacks on Trump and hope to unseat him.  This in between of running and not directly and strongly attacking Trump doesn't give her any sort of future path forward IMO.

Is "christian" really a selling point for MAGA when the only photos of Trump in church is the 6 fingered AI one and him signing the Bible at a Bama church? 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Is "christian" really a selling point for MAGA when the only photos of Trump in church is the 6 fingered AI one and him signing the Bible at a Bama church? 

The (worst version of) Christianity in this nation has long been the most numerous, and has the most socio-political infused thinking on what their religion is about, and it has become dramatically more actively engaged the last fifty years but particularly so under their adulation for how their "false prophet"  trump has manifested more of their fever dreams than anyone in their lifetime.

They will be a dominate bloc in driving the GOP for awhile I expect whether it's with a second term of trump or whoever does the best job of catering to them if he fails to get reelected (again).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

My pick is Matt Gaetz. 

GOP leaders turn on Matt Gaetz — as MAGA voters say he’s 'the right kind of crazy'

United States Representative Matt Gaetz' (R-FL) reputation among his Republican colleagues plummeted when he successfully campaigned to oust former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) in September.

Since the California lawmaker's removal, the GOP has struggled to pass any legislation, and has been deemed the the most "unproductive" Congress in 50 years.

Politico's Deputy Managing Editor Sam Stein reports during a Sunday, January 21 Keene, New Hampshire appearance, Gaetz criticized House Republicans, saying, "They think I’m the crazy one and I think they’re the crazy ones."

According to Stein's Monday, January 22 report, MAGA voters agree with the Sunshine State leader's sentiment. "It's a little bit of crazy but the right kind of crazy," Troy, New Hampshire resident Bill Mitchell told the Politico editor. "He does what he said he was going to do. And Trump did what he said he was going to do."

At one of former President Donald Trump's recent New Hampshire events, Stein notes "attendees say they view Gaetz not so much as a surrogate for the campaign but as an heir to the Trump movement," and they emphasize "it is his political approach that reminds them of the former president. It's precisely because he gets heckled that they love him."

Sonopeake, New Hampshire resident Peter Salvitti told Stein he loves Gaetz because "he’s got chutzpah!" Another woman added, "The way he looks at you without blinking, you know he is never going to back down. It’s like a hawkeye."

Despite sparking GOP chaos in the House, and facing a probe for sex trafficking accusations, Stein emphasizes, "Several attendees at the event said they could very easily see themselves voting for Gaetz if he were to run for president. He was, they argued, Trumpism personified; or, at least, attitudinally and temperamentally as close to the personification as someone not named Trump could be."

Click on the link for the full article

Meanwhile...House Ethics Probe Into Matt Gaetz Is Heating Up Again

• Thumb down 1

Yea, a few people gave my post the laughing reaction, but I'm not joking.  The base seems to love him (because he's a loudmouth attention whoring asshole, i guess).  Politico used the same "right kind of crazy" quote in a different article.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/22/maga-movement-heir-matt-gaetz-00136968

‘The Right Kind of Crazy’: Matt Gaetz Makes MAGA World Swoon

At his events, attendees say they view Gaetz not so much as a surrogate for the campaign but as an heir to the Trump movement. He has begun, to a degree, to physically resemble a Trump, with slicked back hair in the style of Trump’s actual sons. But most people who have flocked to his events say it is his political approach that reminds them of the former president. It’s precisely because he gets heckled that they love him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, a few people gave my post the laughing reaction, but I'm not joking.  The base seems to love him (because he's a loudmouth attention whoring asshole, i guess).  Politico used the same "right kind of crazy" quote in a different article.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/22/maga-movement-heir-matt-gaetz-00136968

Crazy is one thing. Cut up pieces of his suit from a mugshot, and are people buying them? Without King Hippo, are people opening their wallets? Are foreign nations? They'd have more luck propping up a spray tanned bloated corpse, weekend at Bernie's style, than Butthead looking Gaetz. 

31 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Crazy is one thing. Cut up pieces of his suit from a mugshot, and are people buying them? Without King Hippo, are people opening their wallets? Are foreign nations? They'd have more luck propping up a spray tanned bloated corpse, weekend at Bernie's style, than Butthead looking Gaetz. 

I think once Trump is truly out of the picture, his cult will basically elect a new Pope.  Right now, I'd say Gaetz looks like the most likely replacement (other than maybe Junior). 

Also, the UAW endorsed Biden today (and called Trump a "scab").  So that really helps in Michigan, which is one of only 6 toss up states according to Cook Political. 

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/01/24/biden-takes-uaw-endorsement/72341174007/

Edited by PleaseBlitz

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think once Trump is truly out of the picture, his cult will basically elect a new Pope.

I don't see it. I think there will be many who try and they'll never be a consensus of who is the new king of **** mountain. They'll destroy each other over and over will less and less money to do it. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Well, Allahpundit is not smart. 

Here’s my favorite part. 

Instead, Haley sounded prepared to burn Trump down, hanging around the race for no grander reason than to keep saying things about him on a big stage that he’d rather not be said. “Democrats would kill for a month of ‘Haley challenges Trump to take mental competency test’ headlines with her campaign highlighting every possible screw-up he makes on the stump,” Semafor’s Benjy Sarlin observed afterward.

This is not the Nikki Haley I thought I knew.

I guess he’s just ignoring the fact that we went through a whole year of her, and everyone else except for Christie, being complete cowards and unwilling to call Trump out for any of his myriad faults. What, now that Haley has nothing to gain, now she’s all of a sudden become an attack dog?  Give me a break. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Of the 21 NH delegates, Haley won 9.  Trump won 12.  All she has to do is win 30 to 40% of the delegates and she's the clear choice if Trump doesn't make it to August.

Will be interesting if Trump names an early VP and tries to pledge her delegates. 

Or Nikki could fold in 2 weeks.   Let's at least see if she can gain ground in South Carolina.

www.thedailybeast.com/cnn-anchor-abby-phillip-torches-nasty-social-media-troll-keith-olbermann

CNN anchor Abby Phillip fired back at Keith Olbermann on Wednesday morning, calling the ex-MSNBC star a “nasty social media troll” who has become irrelevant after he described her as an “absolute disaster” as a primetime host.

The social media kerfuffle between the two began after Olbermann took issue with Phillip’s analysis of the New Hampshire primary results.