Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

As someone who wasn't thrilled  about Biden getting the nomination, he's probably been the best president in my life.  Granted, as a millenial, that's a pretty low bar.

I'll always consider the Obama/Biden administration as my "favorite".  The two of them worked each other...Barack wasn't necessarily going to push for gay folks to be able to marry, but Joe kinda "taught/pushed" him into why it was a good thing for SCOTUS to judge, and the case was won. 

If we could do it in reverse (Biden/Obama) with a somewhat reasonable Legislative branch, this country would truly be the best in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

12 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

As someone who wasn't thrilled  about Biden getting the nomination, he's probably been the best president in my life.  Granted, as a millenial, that's a pretty low bar.

Yeah. I genuinely believe that any standard Democrats/Liberals that are anti-Biden "because he's old" are basically just drinking Russian cool aid without knowing. 

I'm 33. Biden has been as good if not better than Obama, and therefore the best president of my lifetime. I remember the Clinton years enough to know that he didn't really have anything to do with how good the economy was. I remember the first Obama term fondly, but the second was milk toast and borderline disastrous with the Garland gamble on Trump having no chance. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'll always consider the Obama/Biden administration as my "favorite".  The two of them worked each other...Barack wasn't necessarily going to push for gay folks to be able to marry, but Joe kinda "taught/pushed" him into why it was a good thing for SCOTUS to judge, and the case was won. 

If we could do it in reverse (Biden/Obama) with a somewhat reasonable Legislative branch, this country would truly be the best in the world. 

Personally, I found Obama followed and expanded most of the policies I most hated about Bush Jr..  Expanded the wars and drone strikes and invasions of privacy and attacks on whistleblowers.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Personally, I found Obama followed and expanded most of the policies I most hated about Bush Jr..  Expanded the wars and drone strikes and invasions of privacy and attacks on whistleblowers.

OK, maybe I tend to view his administration through rose-tinted glasses.  I do agree with your point, though...he did those things and they weren't good. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

hes-right-you-know.jpg.f5df29101fa2cfb32de1c57af1d7080f.jpg

The truth gets worse but easier to accept the further we get away from when he was in office.

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

It's like when Clinton was elected, he moved so far right I wondered which party he ran under.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's like when Clinton was elected, he moved so far right I wondered which party he ran under.

I think *some* amount of this is sometimes forgivable. At least, I don't find it hard to imagine scenarios where a liberal runs on a platform of certain liberal policies, only to get into office and realize that instituting them isn't really possible without a massive liberal revolution that isn't going to happen, so they settle for some compromises. 

Like, we all know that if by some hail marry Bernie had actually been elected, he would have had to dramatically reign in his expectations or else go down as the most ineffective liberal in history. Liberal policies by nature are difficult to bring about, I think. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Trump says he'd bring back "travel ban" that's "even bigger than before"

Former President Trump said Friday for the first time publicly during the 2024 presidential campaign that he would bring back a travel ban "even bigger than before," alluding to his administration's restrictions on travelers from heavily Muslim countries. 

The first two bans faced steep challenges in court, but the third version of the ban was upheld by the Supreme Court in a 5-4 decision in 2018. That ban barred nearly all travelers from five mainly Muslim countries, in addition to North Korea and Venezuela. President Biden signed an executive order reversing the ban his first week in office. 

Trump made the comment in Council Bluffs, Iowa, as he made his pitch to voters in the largely White state. 

"Under the Trump administration, we imposed extreme vetting and put on a powerful travel ban to keep radical Islamic terrorists and jihadists out of our country," Trump told his audience. "Well, how did that work out? We had no problem, right? They knew they couldn't come here if they had that moniker. They couldn't come here."

"When I return to office, the travel ban is coming back even bigger than before and much stronger than before. We don't want people blowing up our shopping centers. We don't want people blowing up our cities and we don't want people stealing our farms. So it's not gonna happen."

Click on the link for the full article

‘This is a death sentence for me’: Florida Republican women say they will switch parties after DeSantis approves alimony law

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday signed a measure that will overhaul the state’s alimony laws, after three vetoes of similar bills and a decade of emotional clashes over the issue.

The measure (SB 1416) includes doing away with what is known as permanent alimony. DeSantis’ approval came a year after he nixed a similar bill that sought to eliminate permanent alimony and set up a formula for alimony amounts based on the length of marriage.

The approval drew an outcry from members of the “First Wives Advocacy Group,” a coalition of mostly older women who receive permanent alimony and who assert that their lives will be upended without the payments.

“On behalf of the thousands of women who our group represents, we are very disappointed in the governor’s decision to sign the alimony-reform bill. We believe by signing it, he has put older women in a situation which will cause financial devastation. The so-called party of ‘family values’ has just contributed to erosion of the institution of marriage in Florida,” Jan Killilea, a 63-year-old Boca Raton woman who founded the group a decade ago, told The News Service of Florida in a text message Friday.

11 hours ago, China said:

Trump says he'd bring back "travel ban" that's "even bigger than before"

Former President Trump said Friday for the first time publicly during the 2024 presidential campaign that he would bring back a travel ban "even bigger than before," alluding to his administration's restrictions on travelers from heavily Muslim countries. 

The first two bans faced steep challenges in court, but the third version of the ban was upheld by the Supreme Court in a 5-4 decision in 2018. That ban barred nearly all travelers from five mainly Muslim countries, in addition to North Korea and Venezuela. President Biden signed an executive order reversing the ban his first week in office. 

Trump made the comment in Council Bluffs, Iowa, as he made his pitch to voters in the largely White state. 

"Under the Trump administration, we imposed extreme vetting and put on a powerful travel ban to keep radical Islamic terrorists and jihadists out of our country," Trump told his audience. "Well, how did that work out? We had no problem, right? They knew they couldn't come here if they had that moniker. They couldn't come here."

"When I return to office, the travel ban is coming back even bigger than before and much stronger than before. We don't want people blowing up our shopping centers. We don't want people blowing up our cities and we don't want people stealing our farms. So it's not gonna happen."

What about our domestic terrorists? We face way more violence from them.

• Thanks 1