Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Presidential Election- 11/5/2024 : Prosecutor/Coach vs Felon/Couch *******

88Comrade2000

Posted (edited)

In any normal world that poll would encourage the GOP to push Trump out for an electable candidate. While I fear what the next year is going to bring in terms of discord and violence, some day Trump will be in everyone's rearview mirror, and we need to remember to hold his supporters to account by keeping their past insane comments relevant.

Some day sanity will prevail and people will wonder why it was a good idea to support a convicted criminal for leader of the free world, especially as the GOP continues to rack up losses in smaller elections, which his supporters seem not to notice.

The GOP, in addition to possibly turning into a domestic terror group depending on the level of violence coming up, is going to go the way of the Whig party, because the Far Right on their own will never win any serious office in the future.

The GOP only has itself to blame for allowing Trump to take over the party in the first place.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I'm sure we all have acquaintances that are pro-Trump.  I think he will win the election in November, but am optimistic that he will NOT try to retain power for himself in January 2029. However, just questions I have for you all regarding what you feel the thought processes are of the Trump supporters you know:

1) if he did try the same stuff in 2029 as he did in 2020, whether on behalf of himself or for the GOP candidate, would the Trump supporters you know rationalize it in some way?

2) Do you think these same people will ever consider a Democratic victory in a presidential election from this point forward legitimate, or will they always think that it was stolen?

Hillary needs to get over it. You lost to Trump because you ran a bad campaign.

https://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-releases-merch-after-trump-verdict-1906957

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton unveiled new merchandise after a New York City jury on Thursday found former President Donald Trump guilty of concealing a hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels during his 2016 campaign.

The jury found Trump guilty on all 34 counts of falsifying business documents to cover up the payment. Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg alleged the payment was made to prevent Daniels from speaking publicly about her claims of having an affair with the former president.

Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, pleaded not guilty to all charges and denied the affair. After the verdict, Trump called the trial a "disgrace" and "rigged," and he has indicated he plans to appeal.

My thing is, if Bernie wins, does he beat Trump. Most likely. How electable would someone like Bernie be who did not cater to the left establishment?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I'm sure we all have acquaintances that are pro-Trump.  I think he will win the election in November, but am optimistic that he will NOT try to retain power for himself in January 2029. However, just questions I have for you all regarding what you feel the thought processes are of the Trump supporters you know:

1) if he did try the same stuff in 2029 as he did in 2020, whether on behalf of himself or for the GOP candidate, would the Trump supporters you know rationalize it in some way?

2) Do you think these same people will ever consider a Democratic victory in a presidential election from this point forward legitimate, or will they always think that it was stolen?

1) Yes they would rationalize it because they have swallowed the "They're Out To Get Me" Kool-Aid that Trump has always sold. They will bring up FDR staying in office past 1940. Personally, I think Trump would suspend the Constitution and put Donald Jr. in as POTUS. He's shown no respect for the Constitution, why start now?

2) Nope, because they seem to believe that everyone agrees with them, evidence to the contrary. They can't possibly believe people would oppose Trump.

What makes you think Trump would peacefully leave office in January 2029?

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Hillary needs to get over it. You lost to Trump because you ran a bad campaign.

https://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-releases-merch-after-trump-verdict-1906957

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton unveiled new merchandise after a New York City jury on Thursday found former President Donald Trump guilty of concealing a hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels during his 2016 campaign.

The jury found Trump guilty on all 34 counts of falsifying business documents to cover up the payment. Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg alleged the payment was made to prevent Daniels from speaking publicly about her claims of having an affair with the former president.

Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, pleaded not guilty to all charges and denied the affair. After the verdict, Trump called the trial a "disgrace" and "rigged," and he has indicated he plans to appeal.

My thing is, if Bernie wins, does he beat Trump. Most likely. How electable would someone like Bernie be who did not cater to the left establishment?

True and it's stunning that the Dems haven't truly come to grips with that. They didn't even bother campaigning in three states that barely went for Trump and it cost her the election. I'm no Hillary fan, however, and her arrogance cost her...in addition to her 'basket of deplorables' comment, which may have been true it also helped to galvanize support for Trump.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’d like to meet the people that didn’t think he was unfit before the convictions, but think so now

I know, but in some ways I can understand, because there are plenty of people who mistrust the government...if he had been acquitted it would have been much worse for us. But these people have enough brain cells to understand that it was a JURY that convicted him based on evidence, and not some militant judge with cooked-up evidence.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I'm sure we all have acquaintances that are pro-Trump.  I think he will win the election in November, but am optimistic that he will NOT try to retain power for himself in January 2029.

Um...you know it's 2024 right now, right? lol...

EDIT: That's a joke, son lol...(and by "son" I mean everyone, not hail2 specifically. I just like Foghorn Legorn lol)

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, tshile said:

I’d like to meet the people that didn’t think he was unfit before the convictions, but think so now

Unfit is probably the wrong word.

Some folks are probably have a different maximum threshold for the level of hypocrisy needed to keep your head in the sand.

Party of Law and Order nominating someone for President while also needing to support keeping felons from being allowed to vote may be too much for some.

Wait until folks actually see him in jail going into Election Day...it doesn't need to be all of them, jus enough jn certain states. Like Georgia or North Carolina.

Edited by Renegade7

Trump’s conviction threatens ‘credibility’ with military: California rep.

“As a convicted felon, you can’t have a security clearance can’t serve in the military and you can’t go to many countries that are our allies. We want our president to look at national security secrets, we want him to travel abroad, we want him to have credibility with the military,” Swalwell said.

Click on the link for the full article

It's amazing that Trump still had any credibility with the military even before his conviction considering  he's called them losers and suckers.

The president has repeatedly disparaged the intelligence of service members, and asked that wounded veterans be kept out of military parades, multiple sources tell The Atlantic.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well violating the gag order was supposed to hurt him to. 

look what happened in the civil case with the appeals process 

Yeah, and I think Judge Merchan tipped his hand a little bit when he was adjudicating the gag order violations and said he didn't want to have to jail a former and possibly future president.  It is still possible he will be given a minimal jail term but, as I have said, even if he gets one he will be allowed to remain free pending appeal which will take at least a year.  So don't expect to see him in jail anytime soon.  And if he does somehow win re-election, I think any sentence would be suspended until his term was over.

5 minutes ago, China said:

Trump’s conviction threatens ‘credibility’ with military: California rep.

“As a convicted felon, you can’t have a security clearance can’t serve in the military and you can’t go to many countries that are our allies. We want our president to look at national security secrets, we want him to travel abroad, we want him to have credibility with the military,” Swalwell said.

Click on the link for the full article

It's amazing that Trump still had any credibility with the military even before his conviction considering  he's called them losers and suckers.

What saddens me is that there are a lot of MAGAts that are veterans and are not outraged by this.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

This is the 2024 equivalent of "Trump has boat rallies, not Biden. And I see far more Trump signs on lawns than Biden signs!!"...

Those two things were actually used as why the 2020 election must have been rigged. I kid you not.

Just the other day, I gave a child my phone (with restriction mode on) and he...you guessed it...scrolled thru TikTok videos. He's five years old. So sure, Trump may be getting the numbers, but is he hitting his target audience? Biden may have less supporters (I only ever come across TikTok on YouTube), but I'm sure his videos are hitting a targeted, specific audience that will vote. I'm sure all the underage kids won't vote and lets be honest, getting Americans to vote is like pulling teeth so we know a majority of those followers won't vote either. People watch TikTok for spectacle, not presidential elections.

Also, I've seen the kind of people who abuse TikTok, not the brightest of folks. Like clockwork, when the GOP loses, they won't look inward. They'll yell "rigged", repeat the same mistakes and the Dems will enjoy half a generation of success.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For the "undecideds" among us who still can't determine who is better/worse for the country, Biden or a convicted felon, sexual assaulter, and insurrectionist...

Texas professors sue to fail students who seek abortions

https://www.salon.com/2024/06/03/texas-professors-to-fail-students-seek-abortions/

A pair of Texas professors figured out that their female students have sex and, boy, they do not like it. So now the philosophy professor and finance professor are suing for the right to punish their students who, outside of class, have abortions.

"Pregnancy is not a disease, and elective abortions are not 'health care,'" University of Texas at Austin professor Daniel Bonevac sneers in a federal court filing with professor John Hatfield. Instead, Bonevac writes, because pregnancy is the result of "voluntary and consensual sexual intercourse," students should not be allowed time off to get abortions. If the students disobey and miss class for abortion care, the filing continues, the professors should be allowed to flunk students. Additionally, Bonevac asserts that he has a right to refuse to employ a teaching assistant who has had an abortion, calling such women "criminals."

[...] Even though Bonevac and Hatfield work in Austin, Texas, they filed their lawsuit 486 miles away in Amarillo, Texas. The reason for this is not mysterious: Donald Trump-appointed judge Matthew Kacsmaryk. The right-wing judge has a long and frankly unhinged history of screeching at top volume about the evils of "sexual revolutionaries." (Yes, that does sound like a compliment, but he doesn't mean it as such.) It takes very little to draw Kacsmaryk's sexualized condemnation. Premarital sex, for instance, makes one a "sexual revolutionary." Using contraception within marriage also makes one an irredeemable pervert. In his legal writings, Kacsmaryk is very clear that sex is only for procreation within marriage, and anything outside of that should draw legal sanction.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thumb down 1