Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

13 minutes ago, SkinsRock80 said:

We’re almost almost almost there. 

How can Dan f this up? 

Easily.  

I realize I'm entering @SoCalSkins level of conspiracy theories and obsession here, but I sincerely think there's a chance that he pulls the team off the market.  Fertitta didn't offer 6 billion, I don't think Harris/Rales did either.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Harris/Rales offer came in at 5.7 or 5.8.  And I don't think Bezos was ever a serious contender, if we're just learning this today then I think Snyder's probably known it for at least a week or two now.  

So he's received one legit offer that's still on the table.  No one's rushing to give him his magic number.  

Dan takes it off the market, waits for the Seahawks to be sold and then tries to sell again.  Because like I said before, NFL teams only increase in value...and it's going to be easier for Dan to get his 6 billion number if another team has already hit that mark for him.  And it's going to be easier for Seattle to get 6 billion, they're just going to look at what Dan did and say "Snyder got offers for his **** team in a **** stadium with his ****ty lawsuits for 5.6 billion, the fact that we've got a great stadium and we're scandal free and we've usually got a good team makes up for that extra .4 to .2 billion, we're EASILY worth it..." Dan's actually doing Seattle a favor right now by insisting on that 6 billion number.  Seattle gets that 6 billion easily, Snyder jumps up and down and thinks he'll automatically get more for his team. 

I hate thinking this way but I can't help but think this is a possibility.  It's Dan Snyder...like I've said before, he's ****ed up football teams, hamburgers and amusement parks, things that people LOVE to spend money on.  

So Dan can screw the pooch on this one, absolutely.  I ultimately think he sells, but I also think this possibility exists.  Is Dan stupid enough to take it off the market for .2 or .3 billion?  I believe he is.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Easily.  

I realize I'm entering @SoCalSkins level of conspiracy theories and obsession here, but I sincerely think there's a chance that he pulls the team off the market.  Fertitta didn't offer 6 billion, I don't think Harris/Rales did either.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Harris/Rales offer came in at 5.7 or 5.8.  And I don't think Bezos was ever a serious contender, if we're just learning this today then I think Snyder's probably known it for at least a week or two now.  

So he's received one legit offer that's still on the table.  No one's rushing to give him his magic number.  

Dan takes it off the market, waits for the Seahawks to be sold and then tries to sell again.  Because like I said before, NFL teams only increase in value...and it's going to be easier for Dan to get his 6 billion number if another team has already hit that mark for him.  And it's going to be easier for Seattle to get 6 billion, they're just going to look at what Dan did and say "Snyder got offers for his **** team in a **** stadium with his ****ty lawsuits for 5.6 billion, the fact that we've got a great stadium and we're scandal free and we've usually got a good team makes up for that extra .4 to .2 billion, we're EASILY worth it..." Dan's actually doing Seattle a favor right now by insisting on that 6 billion number.  Seattle gets that 6 billion easily, Snyder jumps up and down and thinks he'll automatically get more for his team. 

I hate thinking this way but I can't help but think this is a possibility.  It's Dan Snyder...like I've said before, he's ****ed up football teams, hamburgers and amusement parks, things that people LOVE to spend money on.  

So Dan can screw the pooch on this one, absolutely.  I ultimately think he sells, but I also think this possibility exists.  Is Dan stupid enough to take it off the market for .2 or .3 billion?  I believe he is.

Nope. He’s done. He has already fled to Europe. You are just having an episode of battered fan syndrome. Take a few deep breaths, it will all be over soon. If he tries to stick it out, there will be a massive rebellion the likes of which have never been seen. As impossible as it may seem, the value of the franchise would actually go down. Worst case scenario, the other owners will have to throw him to the sharks, but it’s not going to come to that. Remember, he never wanted to sell, he is being forced to sell. Harris will be in the fold before we make our first draft pick on the 27th. Get your champagne bottles ready.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Stupidity and absolutely ****ing greedy.   We are witnessing epic failure here, something Dan Synder knows how to do very well.  

• Thanks 1

Not gonna go wild explaining it beyond this post, because I know some people here are upset and I get that. I respect it.

But I’m ecstatic. I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’ve felt the excitement of Snyder leaving that we’ve all dreamt of for so long, but there was a dark pit in the center of it spoiling the joy for me, to a degree. The last ****ing thing I wanted was a headline-living uber-famous/visual/controversial billionaire owner. I spent what feels like 20 damn years having to hear about Snyder from people every time my team of choice came up. I didn’t want to try to justify to myself for another 20 years that it was “worth it” to have to hear about every damn warehouse-related act of inhumanity that comes across the national mediasphere.

Give me the sports dude who rebuilds franchises and isn’t in the news every single day for a wide variety of reasons, not the spotlight-hogging controversy machine that is Bezos. It’s not worth the tradeoff for me. Trying to keep Tailgate topics out of the Stadium with that dude as owner would have been a nearly impossible task, and I’ll leave it at that. Give me competence and a steady hand and an ownership I can generally ignore while I root for the team any day. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

15 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Nope. He’s done. He has already fled to Europe. You are just having an episode of battered fan syndrome. Take a few deep breaths, it will all be over soon. If he tries to stick it out, there will be a massive rebellion the likes of which have never been seen. As impossible as it may seem, the value of the franchise would actually go down. Worst case scenario, the other owners will have to throw him to the sharks, but it’s not going to come to that. Remember, he never wanted to sell, he is being forced to sell. Harris will be in the fold before we make our first draft pick on the 27th. Get your champagne bottles ready.

People that are rich and have yachts and private jets aren’t bound by geography. 

Dan can stick it out 12-18 months in Europe and still hold on while Seattle sells. 

Or, the Harris group get sick of waiting around and they say **** you to Dan and pull the offer. They’re not going to want to wait around too much longer if they’re the only offer on the table. They’re certainly not going to bid against themselves. 

35 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Easily.  

According to the latest Washington Post article today the possible remaining outstanding issue is the indemnification. The NFL won’t approve it if they are on the hook so Harris’ lawyers are going to have to hash it out with Dan’s.

B016A141-8BD9-4629-ADC5-B14943AE99A4.thumb.jpeg.5697be468478a6b09f1dbc94a683a925.jpeg

• Like 3

Keim rarely is hardcore on a point but when he does it, I can't recall him ever being wrong -- he has not been wavering even a little about Dan selling.  He says its happening for certain.  Schefter says its happening.  Heck Dan's own team President says its happening.   Bram who also works for Dan says he's selling, not probably selling but definitely selling. Just about everyone says it's going down.

And that's without even factoring the 1 billion plus in debt, can't fund a new stadium, Dan living in London, he has checked out for quite some time not even going to games at the end of the season, moved his stuff out of the office, and Wright saying on the record that even Dan-Tanya get that its time to move on and the team is better off with them gone.

As I said today piecing three different reports, looks like Harris is likely only 100-150 million off of what Dan wants.

My fear of Dan doing a 180 is I guess the same as what Sheehan said the other day -- less than 1%. 

I've documented as much as anyone here all the bad Dan stories over the years, so I do know who were are dealing with.  I get the idea that he's an unpredictable loon and Freddy Krueger isn't gone until he's really gone.  But I am as relaxed and chill on it as it gets.  The narratives are beyond ridiculously slanted that Dan is out of here.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 3

25 minutes ago, Conn said:

Not gonna go wild explaining it beyond this post, because I know some people here are upset and I get that. I respect it.

But I’m ecstatic. I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’ve felt the excitement of Snyder leaving that we’ve all dreamt of for so long, but there was a dark pit in the center of it spoiling the joy for me, to a degree. The last ****ing thing I wanted was a headline-living uber-famous/visual/controversial billionaire owner. I spent what feels like 20 damn years having to hear about Snyder from people every time my team of choice came up. I didn’t want to try to justify to myself for another 20 years that it was “worth it” to have to hear about every damn warehouse-related act of inhumanity that comes across the national mediasphere.

Give me the sports dude who rebuilds franchises and isn’t in the news every single day for a wide variety of reasons, not the spotlight-hogging controversy machine that is Bezos. It’s not worth the tradeoff for me. Trying to keep Tailgate topics out of the Stadium with that dude as owner would have been a nearly impossible task, and I’ll leave it at that. Give me competence and a steady hand and an ownership I can generally ignore while I root for the team any day. 

Bezos is a polarizing figure, no doubt for multiple reasons  He wasn't my preferred bidder and like you I took plenty of arrows for that. :ols:

I was on the aggregate though OK with him because of his money and he's clearly a smart dude.

Personally, my 2 pauses about him as i repeated plenty of times here. 

A.  The idea that he'd spend whatever it takes for X,Y, Z didn't speak to his reputation for being frugal -- so I saw that as a wildcard versus expecting him to lavish spending on this team like it was a labor of love 

B.  One of many reasons why I can't stand Dan is his personality for being a total douche and creating a bad work environment to say the least.  And Bezos has been described as someone who is not lovable in the work force -- he too often can be condescending, profane with a legendary temper and at times hires managers that fit that style, too.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

So for Harris looks like hurdle 1 is out of the way.  Hurdle 2 are the Dan legal issues I gather.  The irony of that is these local governments might be complicating the whole process of getting rid of Dan.  If those lawsuits were settled, I gather this would be easier.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/04/12/jeff-bezos-isnt-planning-bid-commanders-source-close-process-says/

Wednesday’s indication that he is not planning to bid could signal that the sale deliberations are in the final stages. One person with knowledge of the process said Snyder appeared to be attempting to use the potential of a Bezos bid to increase the price for Harris’s group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Conn said:

I get this impulse, but I don't think it speaks especially well of the fanbase that the biggest thing they are looking forward is just not being embarrassed anymore.  That's not a group that seems that enticing to join, if we're looking to grow our ranks.

Not to say I don't think the Harris group has excellence in them or anything, but I think the fear of being talked about needs to go.  If Bezos does go in on the Seahawks if and when they go on the market, I don't think that fanbase will be scared, they'll be excited.

3 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I think the fear of being talked about needs to go. 

Yup. We need to be talked about in fact.   We are nationally irrelevant. I'm cool w/ our owners being talked about as it spreads awareness of the team and increases our national standing.

What we don't want is the constant non-stop negative press that Snyder provides. That's a drag.

It does not mean that we have to pull a 180 and want to be out of the news altogether tho. We need every viable avenue to bring the fanbase back.

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. I took mine and didn’t make it. Fantastic off-season entertainment nevertheless! 

No shame in that. We're all fans and you believed Bezos not only had the pole position but also gave your team the best chance to succeed. 

I think Harris and his team will be good for us, provided Snyder still sells. So all in all, I think we're all good. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I get this impulse, but I don't think it speaks especially well of the fanbase that the biggest thing they are looking forward is just not being embarrassed anymore.  That's not a group that seems that enticing to join, if we're looking to grow our ranks.

Not to say I don't think the Harris group has excellence in them or anything, but I think the fear of being talked about needs to go.  If Bezos does go in on the Seahawks if and when they go on the market, I don't think that fanbase will be scared, they'll be excited.

That’s really not what I said at all, though I see how you sifted through it and came out with that. It’s not a fear of being talked about, it’s being sick of being talked about for negative, controversial reasons. I hope we improve to the point of leading every national sports talk show like we’re the Brady Patriots. It’s not a fear of the spotlight, it’s caring WHY and what part of the team is in the spotlight. I don’t need to be talked about bc there’s some drama (economical, political, ethical, or otherwise) around the owner. I want to be talked about because the football team is good/interesting. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Let’s be honest, in HS that might put you in the top 1/3.

image.gif.f2d97a6bd1cbb317eccedaa21244f73e.gif

That's why you have to put on Boston's "Foreplay Longtime" and don't pull it out until you hear singing.....playing records and breaking records.  lol

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Conn said:

That’s really not what I said at all, though I see how you sifted through it and came out with that. It’s not a fear of being talked about, it’s being sick of being talked about for negative, controversial reasons. I hope we improve to the point of leading every national sports talk show like we’re the Brady Patriots. It’s not a fear of the spotlight, it’s caring WHY and what part of the team is in the spotlight. I don’t need to be talked about bc there’s some drama (economical, political, ethical, or otherwise) around the owner. I want to be talked about because the football team is good/interesting. 

Probably took out on your post specifically what I feel like I've been seeing more generally when reading between the lines.  I'll be surprised if he ends up being a problem in that way for any other team, because most (read: all) other teams don't have the problem we're about to get rid of. He's one of a kind.

It'd be difficult to convince me that a lot of fans don't have a very narrow view of our path to being successful, and Bezos' splash factor was a negative to them because historically when we've splashed we also bounced off the bottom of the pool.  We should kick that mindset to the curb lest our post Dan celebration looks less like a party and more like a survivor's group meeting.

But yeah, specifically not having to deal with political connotations will be very nice, I don't deny that.

Edited by Bifflog