Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Unfortunately, I think our chances of keeping Dan have dramatically increased today. Hope I'm wrong, but this is a horrible sign imo.

I think its more likely to make this end faster.

According to Aj Perez, Bezos thought he was used to egg on the other bidders.

Dan maybe to save face might hang in there a little longer now to pretend he was never doing that.  It would look odd for example if Harris is announced as the winner tomorrow after this news.  But otherwise I think this should move things along.  

Harris is just supposedly 100-150 million away from Dan's magic number.  Either he gives in or Dan gives in. 

I guess Dan's last leverage on this is to amplify the "mystery" bidder whomever it is.  But Harris is clearly willing to call Dan's bluff.

I think Dan would have a hard time changing course and holding on to the team -- he's a billion in debt, living in London, even his coach and team president basically said he's gone and the team president on the record said they are better off with Dan gone.  I don't see how Dan changes his mind now, I don't think he can even if he wanted to. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think its more likely to make this end faster.

According to Aj Perez, Bezos thought he was used to egg on the other bidders.

Dan maybe to save face might hang in there a little longer now to pretend he was never doing that.  It would look odd for example if Harris is announced as the winner tomorrow after this news.  But otherwise I think this should move things along.  

Harris is just supposedly 100-150 million away from Dan's magic number.  Either he gives in or Dan gives in. 

I guess Dan's last leverage on this is to amplify the "mystery" bidder whomever it is.  But Harris is clearly willing to call Dan's bluff.

I think Dan would have a hard time changing course and holding on to the team -- he's a billion in debt, living in London, even his coach and team president basically said he's gone and the team president on the record said they are better off with Dan gone.  I don't see how Dan changes his mind now, I don't think he can even if he wanted to. 

We shall see. Dan is a lunatic, I can easily pulling some kind of "I didn't see the necessary return to facilitate a sell at this time" ****. I'm probably wrong (again) I just don't trust this fool.

• Like 3

Just now, spjunkies said:

We shall see. Dan is a lunatic, I can easily pulling some kind of "I didn't see the necessary return to facilitate a sell at this time" ****. I'm probably wrong (again) I just don't trust this fool.

He's indeed a lunatic and stupid and a sleazeball.  Can't wait to see that douche gone, it will be one of the great sports days of my life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

As to the Schefler post, he also on the radio said if he were a betting man he didn't think Bezos would ultimately bid.   That's a major change from his previous feeling.  This report came this after he poked around with someone close to Bezos.

If it were him alone, It would be one thing.  But AJ Perez's story was defintiive and he's been the biggest holdout for Bezos being engaged. He's been the most positive about Bezos chances.

My feeling has been i really don't care if Bezos bids for the team or not.  But just do it.    Lets not drag this on.  Selfishly I want that douche gone sooner than later. 

I'd figure Perez's story is strong enough to help the Harris cause to continue to call Dan's bluff.  

• Like 1

Jeff Bezos isn’t planning to bid on Commanders, source close to process says

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has no current plans to enter the bidding for the Washington Commanders, a person familiar with the bidding process said Wednesday, potentially clearing the way for a group led by Josh Harris to attempt to complete a deal to purchase the franchise from owner Daniel Snyder.

Bezos, who owns The Washington Post, declined to comment through a spokesperson. But the person with knowledge of the process said Bezos does not intend to bid on team, and others familiar with the sale process have said they believe Harris’s group would be the favorite to purchase the franchise from Snyder if Bezos does not bid. It was not clear Wednesday whether an agreement between Harris’s group and Snyder might be close.

...Harris’s group and another group led by Canadian commercial real estate developer and private equity executive Steve Apostolopoulos entered competing formal bids last month for the Commanders, people with direct knowledge of the sale process said then. The bid by Harris’s group was for about $6 billion, according to a person with direct knowledge of the process.

Bezos has used a New York investment firm, Allen & Company, to evaluate a potential bid on the Commanders, two people with knowledge of that relationship have said. But Snyder previously blocked Bezos from moving forward on any efforts to purchase the franchise because of his disdain for The Post and its coverage of him and his team, a person familiar with the situation said in February.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Leave it to Dan to let a prospective buyer have all the time-based leverage. Usually, that's the seller's domain.

Also, every minute that Dan delays the sale is another day that he doesn't have the sales proceeds and the ability to start using/investing them. He's costing himself money. Classic Dan!

It's obvious everyone who's going to bid has bid. Might as well get on with it.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I imagine that we're probably going to see Bezos take a shot at the Seahawks sometime next year.

Yep. Or maybe before agrees to sell, there’s an announcement that Jeff reached agreement for 6 billion with the Paul Allen trust to buy the Seahawks.

I wanted Jeff because felt his money could do some unique things but he isn’t the 3rd richest guy by making bad decisions.

Wonder how Dan is feeling now? It’s over. Will the nfl have to force him out, like I think? Or will he sell to Harris?

58 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Second source now. You can all start officially pointing fingers and laughing now! 😂 

png-transparent-pointing-finger-hand-poi

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Wonder how Dan is feeling now? It’s over. Will the nfl have to force him out, like I think? Or will he sell to Harris?

Dan seems emotionally driven for someone so rich, and he's given concrete signs of having checked out months ago. I think he'll move on quickly. This was all his pathetic attempt to drive up the price.

For any normal billionaire not connected to the sports business, I'm guessing the need to be heavily involved just to bring the franchise back to life was as much a barrier as the asking price. Not even close to a turnkey operation. A lot of pain before you get to any glory.

Josh Harris is in the business of fixing up broken franchises, and they don't come more broken than this. He probably sees this as an opportunity, not a burden.

Yeah I'm not surprised Bezos is out. It was obvious he was never really into it. This is just a poor investment for someone like Bezos. Harris and Rales are different as Harris has experience rebuilding sports franchises and Rales grew up in the area so for him its more than just a business investment. Bezos will wait for the Seahawks. He has no reason to overbid on a relatively poor asset right now. And that isn't even factoring in the Snyder dbag effect.

My guess is we'll get confirmation on Harris/Rales before the draft and the sale becoming official offical(as in all the paperwork drawn up and signed) sometime in May.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Dan is done.  If he doesn't sell, the NFL will kick him out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1