Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Regarding Jason Wright’s quote from the article above, why does it feel like this is the first time I’ve heard him actually tell the truth?

“There will be growth in suite sales, growth in sponsorship sales because there [are] people choosing not to do business with us that will choose to do business with us now."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Rivera has bemoaned over the last year in particular all that he and the franchise had to deal with because of stories that, he said, always seemed to come out after something positive had happened. Offensive tackle Charles Leno Jr. said during the season players needed to develop ‘calluses’ to play here because of those types of scenarios.

“[It’s] as much relief of, ‘OK, now we know what we’re doing and where we’re going’,” Rivera said. “It is exciting. It will mark a new era. It will change some things, but the biggest thing is the excitement of who we are as a team. ... The hard part for everybody is right now we’re just waiting for it to happen so we’ll see.”

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

Regarding Jason Wright’s quote from the article above, why does it feel like this is the first time I’ve heard him actually tell the truth?

“There will be growth in suite sales, growth in sponsorship sales because there [are] people choosing not to do business with us that will choose to do business with us now."

In fairness, he couldn’t actually say that until he was convinced of 2 things:

1. Dan was selling the team.

2. Dan couldn’t fire him for saying it during the sale process. 

You can’t exactly say “the owner sucks, people know it, I know it, there’s nothing we can do about it but here we are anyway.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of who ends up with the team, I wonder how much easier it will be to get FA's here. Let's face it, Washington was not a place most guys wanted to go with everything that was going on. Keeping guys on more team friendly contracts might be in our future as well. Like the albatross falling from out necks.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You can’t exactly say “the owner sucks, people know it, I know it, there’s nothing we can do about it but here we are anyway.”

Yeah its kinda funny actually how Rivera and Wright have just been throwing Snyder under the bus publicly. 

If I worked for the team I'd be tempted to just come out and say a whole bunch of stuff now in public since there is basically no repercussion now it seems. Or perhaps that's only true for the real high up types like the head coach and president of football ops.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah its kinda funny actually how Rivera and Wright have just been throwing Snyder under the bus publicly. 

If I worked for the team I'd be tempted to just come out and say a whole bunch of stuff now in public since there is basically no repercussion now it seems. Or perhaps that's only true for the real high up types like the head coach and president of football ops.

My guess is Ron and Jason are considered key personnel as part of the sale process. Dan can’t fire them without disrupting the sales process

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Snyder's the kind of guy who will fire him as he's climbing into his jet to leave the US forever, (mod edit dumbass)

Maybe.  But I don’t think it would matter.  The new owner can just nullify the term or rehire him.  Assuming the new owner isn’t going to fire Wright immediately anyway… 

Which nobody knows.  Wright even alluded to the fact he doesn’t know his own situation.

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Hope that's not too political...

I think if you put "lol" after it, It's fair game.

Mod  interruption:

No it's not fair game. No political comment means no political comment.

But it was innocent and mild enough that no one gets a temp ban for it. This time.

• Haha 1

Jason and Ron are essentially invulnerable right now.

If Disheveled Dan fired them before the transfer of ownership takes place guess who's on the hook for paying the remainder of their contracts?

And we know Dan is all about extracting every dime he can out of this deal with minimal outlay.

So as long as Ron and Jason don't do something that would allow Dan to fire them for cause they are untouchable.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Regardless of who ends up with the team, I wonder how much easier it will be to get FA's here. Let's face it, Washington was not a place most guys wanted to go with everything that was going on. Keeping guys on more team friendly contracts might be in our future as well. Like the albatross falling from out necks.

I think new facilities will do more for getting FAs than replacing Dan. Dan was willing to pay FAs and if we wanted a guy looking to get paid we got him, but if youre trying to get a guy without destroying your cap....the perks of playing somewhere go a long way. Stadium, locker room, practice facilities, family seats/suites

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I meant that generally, not just the ability to say Dan sucks. I can’t think of an instance when referring to something consequential where he’s actually told the truth. Up until now, he’s basically been Saddam’s Minister of Information. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, dunfer said:

I think new facilities will do more for getting FAs than replacing Dan. Dan was willing to pay FAs and if we wanted a guy looking to get paid we got him, but if youre trying to get a guy without destroying your cap....the perks of playing somewhere go a long way. Stadium, locker room, practice facilities, family seats/suites

New facilities will help, but aren't the be all end all of it.

The report from the NFLPA about team facilities that was published a month or two ago had us at the bottom. But teams like the Chiefs were also noticed as bad.

The most important thing for a player is trying to win titles, so they'd rather look for teams where they can do that, type of facilities will be a bonus.

So, getting a new owner, will change how we're viewed in the NFL, Bruce and Dan used to not be liked within the NFL. So that'll be a fresh start regarding that. Players will be able to focus on playing and don't worry about the surrounding noise, as long as it's not them making it.

We'll know more about that during the 2024 offseason obviously.

9 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Wright is gone. New owner will want his own person in that job.

Ron will try to sell the new owner on himself. Miss the playoffs and he can sell all he wants, he’s gone. Start out slowly and he’s gone.

Maybe.  Maybe even probably.  However most likely it won’t happen overnight.  

Regardless of what fans think of Wright, the NFL likes him and I bet he’s respected in the business circles.  McKinsey has a GREAT reputation (somewhat undeservingly so in my opinion) but being a partner at McKinsey it’s the equivalent of graduating from top of your class from Harvard Law. It sticks with you forever in a good way. 

My bet is Jason stays on through at least the beginning of the season and a transition.  There will be a post-Dan evaluation period and then they will go from there.  That’s my guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Sisko said:

I meant that generally, not just the ability to say Dan sucks. I can’t think of an instance when referring to something consequential where he’s actually told the truth. Up until now, he’s basically been Saddam’s Minister of Information. 

Yeah, I see what you’re saying but when you’ve got Dan as a boss and the headwinds he’s facing, I’m not sure what else he could do.  

I think your analogy is kindof apt: Dan is the NFL equivalent of Saddam (without the human atrocities) and Jason tried to put the best face on it he could….

It might sound like I’m a Wright fan, I’m actually not.  I’m actually one of the few who think the McKinsey name is WAY overrated, their partners tend to be extremely academic.  I’ve worked with several and not been impressed. 

I think he could have done a lot of things better even within the constraints he has been working in.  So I’m not a huge fan.  But I also get that working for Dan is a high wire act and you’re constantly in a. Bad position.  So it’s not an easy gig.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

New facilities will help, but aren't the be all end all of it.

The report from the NFLPA about team facilities that was published a month or two ago had us at the bottom. But teams like the Chiefs were also noticed as bad.

The most important thing for a player is trying to win titles, so they'd rather look for teams where they can do that, type of facilities will be a bonus.

So, getting a new owner, will change how we're viewed in the NFL, Bruce and Dan used to not be liked within the NFL. So that'll be a fresh start regarding that. Players will be able to focus on playing and don't worry about the surrounding noise, as long as it's not them making it.

We'll know more about that during the 2024 offseason obviously.

The #1 thing is money. 

Some top end FS wanted to avoid the Dan Drama.  And I’m sure having the stadium taken over by opposing fans because of the number of people staying away due to Dan was off-putting.  And, local sponsorship contracts would be down because interey in the team is down. 

Once that’s gone, the whole swath of FAs will open up to the team.  

• Like 1

Yes, the #1 thing is the money but the possibility of winning and working conditions aren’t at all far behind. If you’re an NFL player you’re going to be busting your ass, taking crap from coaches, dealing with injuries and the possibility of life long physical/mental damage no matter where you sign. Top tier FAs are going to get paid, regardless, so I’m sure most of them give a little slack in negotiations to teams that have a shot at the SB, or at least being competitive. That means their tiers probably went something like this:

• Great teams
  • Everybody else in the middle
  • Bad teams with good organizations
  • Bad teams with bad organizations
  • CFL teams
  • Retiring with not quite as much $$ as desired
  • Farquaad’s 💩 team in a toxic organization and the worst facilities in the league
  • Retiring in penury

Under those circumstances, the only FA’s that were going to play for the team were those that only cared about money, didn’t want to be left as the last one standing in a game of musical chairs, tarnished in some way, nothing left in the tank, or some combo of the above.

I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll be past all that soon.

• Like 1

I don't know what to make of Wright. On one hand I think he's a smart guy, but on the other hand he's made some major gaffes since taking over this role. But then again, that just might be the Snyder effect. I think he's likely gone after the new owner(s) take over but I'd be curious how he does under them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

IMO, Wright is a Snyder minion and would be probably suck up to whoever the never owner is.  

I feel like that's how it works in just about every big company/corporation. Doesn't mean the suck up can't also be competent.

• Like 3

Yeah, I too have been pretty critical of Jason. And deservedly so. But still, anyone who’s had to work under Snyder deserves a chance to prove what they can do without that handicap. Not to mention the other Snyder hires working underneath him, who are probably responsible for some of the silly gaffes like the Sean Taylor porta pot pic. He really has nothing to do with the football side anyway, so I don’t really care other than for the (hopefully) name change. I am assuming commanders was Snyder’s pick. If Jason picked the name commanders, he should absolutely be the first one fired.

• Like 3