Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

The entire thread is off topic though. There isn't actually any news. Just page after page of speculation. 

Is speculation what you call a few people spewing random bull**** and reposting the same old twitter takes?

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

The entire thread is off topic though. There isn't actually any news. Just page after page of speculation. 

Eh. It's the offseason.

Until the sale happens and the NFL Draft comes around, there's not much to do but speculate and discuss the possibilities of the upcoming season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Eh. It's the offseason.

Until the sale happens and the NFL Draft comes around, there's not much to do but speculate and discuss the possibilities of the upcoming season.

And dream.....

UnderNewManagementSplit4x2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

On 4/2/2023 at 3:51 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

2.  All the NFL names are dumb, it's just a matter of winning under the name and then it becomes part of the culture.  I've posted this a bunch:

- 8 teams have names that relate to their location in some way: Steelers, Patriots, 48ers, Texans, Cowboys, Saints, Commanders, Packers

Oh ****! Is that what our name means? That actually makes the name worse...

• Haha 1

Peter King has message for Devils owner who wants to buy Commanders

https://www.nj.com/sports/2023/04/peter-king-has-message-for-devils-owner-who-wants-to-buy-commanders.html?outputType=amp

Whoever buys the Washington Commanders, please, please, please let it be a person or group who wants to return football the glory days in the District of Columbia. This franchise has had nothing but heartache since abandoning D.C....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

image.gif.a0cf996cc72babcab96fb32008254b68.gif

if you feel Like your life is missing a grouchy boomer who hates everything, you can always listen to his podcast. Which is essentially an abbreviation of his show anyway.  Assuming you can tolerate squeaky twice a week.  Which I can’t.  They undoubtedly have good chemistry, but the IQ of the show is SO low it’s unlistenable. 

Ive listened to every Galdi pod since it started he does a great job. Never liked Kevin and im a little older than him

7 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Peter King has message for Devils owner who wants to buy Commanders

https://www.nj.com/sports/2023/04/peter-king-has-message-for-devils-owner-who-wants-to-buy-commanders.html?outputType=amp

Peter King is a pos

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Apparently some of the potential ownership groups kicked the tires on Sean Payton. Are they now kicking the tires on Bellichick?  This would be horrible in my opinion.

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/new-england-patriots-pats-bill-belichick-coach-washington-commanders-dan-snyder-sale

“Unlikely? Sure. Impossible? We can't say no just yet.“

Thats the takeaway. There’s speculation…. and then there’s stupidity.

3 hours ago, tomwvr said:

Peter King is a pos

I'm not sure what this is about, but it could easily be something I'm not aware of.

There is Peter King, the sportswriter.

There is Peter King the representative from N.Y.

Which one were you referring to ?

Edited by Spearfeather

Bill is on the hot seat. If Pats fail to make playoffs, Kraft moving on and he already has a replacement Jerod Mayo on staff.

Bill likely will be available since Pats at best is a third place team in that division.

I doubt we would pursue Bill but you never know.  Bill really has done nothing without Tom.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Bill is on the hot seat. If Pats fail to make playoffs, Kraft moving on and he already has a replacement Jerod Mayo on staff.

Bill likely will be available since Pats at best is a third place team in that division.

I doubt we would pursue Bill but you never know.  Bill really has done nothing without Tom.

Belichick would retire if fired. And my God, I would despise it if Washington went for him as HC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Belichick would retire if fired. And my God, I would despise it if Washington went for him as HC.

Rivera is sure to be fired after next season, so it would make sense that publication rags would tie us to any coach on the hot seat.  Quite frankly, I’m surprised that this isn’t discussed enough.  We’re looking at a new coach & new FO after this season.  It’s going to be fun to speculate who we’ll go after once we get a new owner in place.

27 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Belichick seems like he still wants to coach. I can see him going the Phil Jackson route and going to a team that's almost there. 

Belichick is close on some all-time records, but more than one season away. For that reason I assume he’d sunset his career somewhere else for a couple seasons if he and the Patriots go their separate ways. 

2 hours ago, samy316 said:

Rivera is sure to be fired after next season, so it would make sense that publication rags would tie us to any coach on the hot seat.  Quite frankly, I’m surprised that this isn’t discussed enough.  We’re looking at a new coach & new FO after this season.  It’s going to be fun to speculate who we’ll go after once we get a new owner in place.

We can’t until we get that owner and see what he does early on. There’s only so much an owner can do during the summer but if you see Jason and the gm crew gone; you know new owner means business. Charlie Casserly didn’t last past the summer after Dan took over.

2 hours ago, Conn said:

Belichick is close on some all-time records, but more than one season away. For that reason I assume he’d sunset his career somewhere else for a couple seasons if he and the Patriots go their separate ways. 

Think he’s 2-3 seasons away from breaking Shula’s record, if his wins are at post Brady pace. You know he wants that.

Depending on how 23 goes, could be as many as 10-11 openings next January.