Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If that’s correct then why did he try to buy 40% of this team 2 years ago and didn’t even kick the tires on the Broncos? Lauren Sanchez wants him to buy it. He’s gonna buy it. This is the home stretch regardless so we should know soon. 

1) People change their minds

2) The situation with the Seahawks sale could've changed materially since then

3) Nominal price point could make a difference, too

Just now, CapsSkins said:

1) People change their minds

2) The situation with the Seahawks sale could've changed materially since then

3) Nominal price point could make a difference, too

There is no indication any of this has transpired whatsoever. He has behaved exactly as would be expected if he was completely all-in on acquiring the team. 

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dan had right of first refusal and was unwilling to open up any of the books to any new minority investors. It ended up in arbitration between Fred Smith, Dwight Schar and Dan and the NFL sided with Dan. The NFL gave Dan a debt waiver and buried the Wilkerson report. 

Well, I guess that’s a good thing then. Because if Bezos had succeeded in buying 40%, Snyder would still be in charge and would not be forced to sell right now. Personally, I hope Bezos steps away from the whole situation. Him entering the bidding at this point would just prolong things and put more money in Snyder‘s pocket. 

Just now, woodpecker said:

Well, I guess that’s a good thing then. Because if Bezos had succeeded in buying 40%, Snyder would still be in charge and would not be forced to sell right now. Personally, I hope Bezos steps away from the whole situation. Him entering the bidding at this point would just prolong things and put more money in Snyder‘s pocket. 

He would not have entered the bidding any sooner. This will end far faster once Bezos makes his bid. It’s a rubber stamp approval. Harris counting his pennies to make a bid will have a lot more scrutiny and due diligence by the NFL which will take time. 

You were the guy saying if Bezos was interested he would have directly called Dan and offered 8 billion. None of that is how it works. 

Bezos hired the firm that does these deals more than anyone else. They will close it for him like the pros they are.

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He would not have entered the bidding any sooner. This will end far faster once Bezos makes his bid. It’s a rubber stamp approval. Harris counting his pennies to make a bid will have a lot more scrutiny and due diligence by the NFL which will take time. 

You were the guy saying if Bezos was interested he would have directly called Dan and offered 8 billion. None of that is how it works. 

Bezos hired the firm that does these deals more than anyone else. They will close it for him like the pros they are.

So ... since you are so convinced he will make a bid, when do you assume he does it? Sounds like all (or almost all) other bids are in. What is he waiting for? 

Edited by bird_1972

25 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

There is no indication any of this has transpired whatsoever. He has behaved exactly as would be expected if he was completely all-in on acquiring the team. 

I agree that were he all-in on buying the team, he would've behaved exactly as has transpired.

That does not mean that his behavior to this point means necessarily that he is all-in on buying the team.

• Like 2

Just now, CapsSkins said:

I agree that were he all-in on buying the team, he would've behaved exactly as has transpired.

That does not mean that his behavior to this point means necessarily that he is all-in on buying the team.

I would go one step further. Given that we basically have bids from all serious known parties, the longer we wait, the less likely it is that Bezos is likely to try and seriously buy the team. 

4 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I would go one step further. Given that we basically have bids from all serious known parties, the longer we wait, the less likely it is that Bezos is likely to try and seriously buy the team. 

Don't forget the mystery bidder!!Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

My delusional headcannon:

That payment date on the new player contracts is likely the timeframe Snyder wants to be out the door (new owner selected and ratified by the NFL)

Unless Bezos has a deal along the lines of "meet-this-number-and-its-over" Snyder can technically try to lure other bidders to up their bids after a Bezos bid, even if there likely is no desire to get in a bidding war w/ someone that rich. 

By waiting, Bezos reduces the time Snyder has to accept his bid and reduces the window he has to continue to shop around if he wants to "get out" on schedule.

10 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

So ... since you are so convinced he will make a bid, when do you assume he does it? Sounds like all (or almost all) other bids are in. What is he waiting for? 

In a 14 day span it went from a sale to Josh Harris is inevitable to there is a new Canadian bidder to there is a bidder who played college basketball willing to pay 9 billion to Jeff Bezos will be allowed to bid to Cuban is interested to Snyder will not reject a Bezos bid. We are almost there. When Allen and Company tells Jeff it’s go time that when he will bid. I assume that’s fairly soon but could take a month. 

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

My delusional headcannon:

That payment date on the new player contracts is likely the timeframe Snyder wants to be out the door (new owner selected and ratified by the NFL)

Unless Bezos has a deal along the lines of "meet-this-number-and-its-over" Snyder can technically try to lure other bidders to up their bids after a Bezos bid, even if there likely is no desire to get in a bidding war w/ someone that rich. 

By waiting, Bezos reduces the time Snyder has to accept his bid and reduces the window he has to continue to shop around if he wants to "get out" on schedule.

He can’t be out the door before May 12 if a bidder came in all cash today. The draft is coming up and there are scheduled meetings for end of May already on the calendar. 

21 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Harris has already been vetted by the NFL so I don’t think that part would take very long at all. Agree Bezos is a lock to be approved, but so is Harris. Once a deal is done with either one of them we are in the clear.

umm no, I never said anything like that?? You must be confusing me with one of your many hecklers on this topic 😁

Great, I hope they hurry up then. You still haven’t addressed why it is that Bezos was willing to be a minority partner to Snyder. You don’t think that’s a red flag?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Harris has already been vetted by the NFL so I don’t think that part would take very long at all. Agree Bezos is a lock to be approved, but so is Harris. Once a deal is done with either one of them we are in the clear.

umm no, I never said anything like that?? You must be confusing me with one of your many hecklers on this topic 😁

Great, I hope they hurry up then. You still haven’t addressed why it is that Bezos was willing to be a minority partner to Snyder. You don’t think that’s a red flag?

I was confusing you with Wildbunny. It was user name that started with a W and had an animal name! 😂 

Harris has been screened by the NFL to be permitted to bid on the Broncos. Following JKC’s estate picking the Milstein group, the NFL changed rules when an executor of an estate is selling the team. That initial vetting is not comprehensive with respect to the financials. They will have to vet the other minority partners and validate that the 30% cash and max $1B in financing thresholds are actually met. That will take time. 

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

You're completely ignoring the big blinking light here: that Harris is bidding at a level that is chasing him off.  In that case it's irrelevant how much more money Bezos has.  He's a successful businessperson who didn't get there by making bad deals. 

Why would he try to buy 40% of the team to step aside now?

1) See above.  The valuation indicated by Snyder's buyout of minority partners was 2.4 billion.  So knowing Bezos was interested in 40% tells us N O T H I N G about what he thinks about the value in this transaction

2) Minority ownership, as we're seeing with Harris and his Steelers stake, is advantageous towards future ownership.  In other words the fact that the stake was in the Commanders is irrelevant, it was a foot in the NFL door  

Edited by RedDawn

31 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I worry about you, @SoCalSkins

"Many elderly Americans are all too familiar with keyboard diarrhea, but now there is a way to still enjoy your website discussions. The TK program of Read More and Post Less is available to anyone, and for free. Good news for many of us and our loved ones." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Am I the only one that thinks the, “overbidding” bit is nonsense? NFL team values are going to continue going up. Is some other league going to overtake the NFL? And we are just beginning to see the gambling money. 

If someone buys Washington for 7 billion, they’ll make a **** ton of money if they want to sell in 10 years. 

Breaking News:

Adam Schifter just tweeted that Snyder and the Davis Group have come to terms on an agreement in principle to buy the team!

It looks like the joke was on us after all! 

Reports popping up all over the net. I guess the Junkies were right all along about Brian Davis and his $7 billion dollar offer.

Here's footage of an elated Brian Davis in his war room celebrating his new acquisition...

j/k

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1