Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Is this Snyder’s current Karl Swanson?

Not that strong of a connection but he's the only one among those covering this story who has a personal relationship with Dan and who will actually say nice things about him.

And it is so on brand for Dan to want everyone to know his version of the story that he decided to sell --which is no pressure from the NFL and he has his own reasons which I am sure will ultimately be leaked somehow -- farewell letter to the fans? :ols: 

I get the vibe from some who cover this story that Dan wants to have sort of a victory lap exit, where he got a record deal and is branded the winner.  And I bet he already has a story planned about why he sold -- and it won't be because he overextended himself financially or he got pressure from fellow owners, etc -- it will be something benevolent.   

Lucky for us, knowing his rep, he likely believes that the public will buy his narrative.  That's cool with me, he can delude himself anyone he likes, just sell the team and get out of town. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not that strong of a connection but he's the only one among those covering this story who has a personal relationship with Dan and who will actually say nice things about him.

And it is so on brand for Dan to want everyone to know his version of the story that he decided to sell --which is no pressure from the NFL and he has his own reasons which I am sure will ultimately be leaked somehow -- farewell letter to the fans? :ols: 

I get the vibe from some who cover this story that Dan wants to have sort of a victory lap exit, where he got a record deal and is branded the winner.  And I bet he already has a story planned about why he sold -- and it won't be because he overextended himself financially or he got pressure from fellow owners, etc -- it will be something benevolent.   

Lucky for us, knowing his rep, he likely believes that the public will buy his narrative.  That's cool with me, he can delude himself anyone he likes, just sell the team and get out of town. 

And my experience has been… if you’re saying nice things about lil Daniel, you’re probably on the payroll.

• Like 2

I think that the league are pushing Dan for a decision now. All this recent noise coming out is Dan’s camp desperately trying to create a late push in the bidding. I dont see how this gets by the upcoming owners meeting with some form of tangible news.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I think that the league are pushing Dan for a decision now. All this recent noise coming out is Dan’s camp desperately trying to create a late push in the bidding. I dont see how this gets by the upcoming owners meeting with some form of tangible news.

I think they will be annoyed that the focus is still gonna be on him instead of further monetizing the draft. Sale has been "very soon" for a month or more now, and the owner's meeting was a really good spot to announce the end of that chapter, send him off, and move on.

Now it's gonna be dragged out for a while and a lot of people are gonna be a little annoyed.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

I think they will be annoyed that the focus is still gonna be on him instead of further monetizing the draft. Sale has been "very soon" for a month or more now, and the owner's meeting was a really good spot to announce the end of that chapter, send him off, and move on.

Now it's gonna be dragged out for a while and a lot of people are gonna be a little annoyed.

If the other owners think he’s actually selling and it’s not a ploy to run out the clock while the heat dissipates, they will give him plenty of time. As long as this is done before Super Bowl I think they will be satisfied. 

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

I think the sale is just one element of a wider cover up /clean up operation going on by the league. They’ll conclude the sale and tie that in with brushing all of the other ongoing issues under the carpet. Few others around the league will breathe a sigh of relief that it’s not them. A bit of an internal reset will go on. Roger will get his blood money to oversee things through that period.

Hopefully we get a good owner and respectable franchise out of it all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I hate the name because it sucks. But it's our 3rd name in 4 years, so I have no expectations of it being changed. Just dreams.

I believe a part of hating the name was the terrible uniforms that came with them. Not sure you can go back to the WFT/Redskins ones but with maybe the W on the helmet. But it wouldn't hurt. 

Dan trying to outsmart Bezos or whatever he thinks he's doing is so on brand. He's always had it all figured it out. Like when he never truly hired a real GM and let them make decisions during his whole tenure. Nope, he always had a better, smarter way and boy did it pay off!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Until Dan gets his 6 Billion, he isn’t selling.  So the other bidders need to round up investors to get to 6 Billion or Dan concedes and sells to Bezos.

This isn’t happening in the next week, unless one of the non Bezos bidders hits 6 billion.

If nfl wants to Keep the now high price for a franchise-  6 Billion +; they are going to have to change their rules and who can buy them. Corporate ownership maybe the future.  There aren’t many people who can buy a franchise for 6 Billion +. I’m sure 10 billion sale price isn’t that far off.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

37 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

At this point, I have to wonder if post-sale Dan will still have someone like Gasparino on the payroll to tweet responses to any disparaging remarks being said about him.

I still can’t believe that the league allowed this petty, little man to purchase a historic franchise like ours.

Yeah and thankfully he turned down opportunties to add minority partners albiet the ESPN writer who talked about Dan's finances said he suspects the reason for that was they'd see Dan's books and his shennighans at the time would have been exposed.  If he had minority partners though he might have been able to escape all of this as to his current financial hurdles, maybe.

The dude's instincts are awful.  I recall one of the reporters covering the stadium stuff said that there was a window where Dan-Bruce had a shot at some land near the National Harbor but they dwadled on pursuing it, thought they sill had a shot at DC and the window closed.

Boehly, along with Clearlake Capital partners Behdad Eghbali and Jose E. Feliciano reportedly had a deal in place to purchase minority ownership stakes in the Commanders last year, but it was vetoed by controversial owner Daniel Snyder.

https://dodgerblue.com/dodgers-rumors-magic-johnson-bidding-nfl-washington-commanders-for-sale/2023/03/23/?src=rss

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Until Dan gets his 6 Billion, he isn’t selling.  So the other bidders need to round up investors to get to 6 Billion or Dan concedes and sells to Bezos.

This isn’t happening in the next week, unless on the non Bezos bidders hits 6 billion.

If nfl wants to Keep the now high price for a franchise-  6 Billion +; they are going to have to change their rules and who can buy them. Corporate ownership maybe the future.  There aren’t many people who can buy a franchise for 6 Billion +. I’m sure 10 billion sale price isn’t that far off.

Let’s say Harris or the Canadian guy bids 6. Why wouldn’t he then let Bezos bid? Dan is magically satisfied at 6? 6.3 is gluttony? 

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is a Wendy's, sir.  It's Burgundy and Gold.  

Our color scheme in my lifetime has never reflected what we claim it to be.  It's always been red and yellow.  Cardinal red to be exact.  However, at least it looked good.  We don't even have that anymore, which was what I meant in my comment.  

3 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Our color scheme in my lifetime has never reflected what we claim it to be.  It's always been red and yellow.  Cardinal red to be exact.  However, at least it looked good.  We don't even have that anymore, which was what I meant in my comment.  

I thought it was maroon and black!!

ZornFace.jpg

• Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

No issues with your opinion, but how does the helmet look dark pink to you?

It just looks like a dark pink in a lot of different lighting conditions.  Or at least, it looks closer to a dark pink than even the red helmets we've worn in my lifetime.  Perhaps it's an optical illusion due to the matte look (which I personally can't stand for any team helmet because it serves to make whatever logo is on it look like cheap bubble gum machine sticker), but it definitely appears pink-ish to me much more often than even the old red.  

Same can be said for the red on the lettering of the white jersey.  JW swears it's a burgundy (which it ain't by a mile because we haven't worn that color since the old time days), but I'm thinking he means the old "red", but the stippling makes it look pink-ish.