Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Keim corroborated the office clean-out report on Twitter.

The Snyder's wouldn't pack their **** unless they were out of there.

It's happening.

Or maybe Dan has one final

thing to pack, the team itself.

Hello, the London Commanders and our new owner- King Charles.

• Haha 4

Greetings one and all on this auspicious of Paddy’s Day, from the Emerald Isle itself - Belfast, to be precise. 

Long-time lurker on this forum after a 15 year fandom of the team, and have enjoyed the exchanges played out across various threads on ES. 

Needless to say then, this one in particular  I’ve monitored very closely, albeit with cautious optimism yet trepidation. Reason being I’m also a Liverpool FC fan of 36 years and still recall the Hicks & Gillett takeover in 2007, with many fans at that stage welcoming it due to the need for the club to be able to better compete, financially - SiP has done a great job of explaining this previously, from recollection, so I won’t bore anyone with details.

What I’d say though is to be careful what we wish for. Only whilst I fully appreciate ‘anyone but Dan’ is a win, and to an extent it is, Fertitta in particular worries me a little. Which, and I hate to be that guy, makes me ask, “would Dan be so spiteful that he’d almost deliberately opt for the worst candidate”? The type where in years to come he can smugly say to himself, “not looking like such a bad guy now, am I?” 

The idea of an actually competent owner/ownership turning things around quickly and making the team sustainably relevant must kill the guy! So would he sabotage that by again, agreeing with ‘the worst option’. 

I guess I just look at Dan the person, who you guys have had to endure much longer than I, needless to say, and between the boo’ing of Tanya and momentum of ‘post-Dan parade’ chat, I can’t shake that feeling his petulant, parting gift would be consistent with his reign.  

But that’s me doom mongering some, when it is of course (a) out of all our hands and (b) a complete unknown how things play out, and to reiterate what many of you have said better than I could, simply removing Dan in itself would put an end to that particular trauma, which the fan base deserves.

Personally speaking, then, I do hope the Harris-Rales group wins out and further, that it gets resolved in the coming days.

But aye, hopefully see some of you at the already mentioned parade when he’s gone. ‘Oh Danny Boy…the pipes, the pipes, are calling…’

Cheers! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

What does it tell you that there is legitimately no news on the sale (the guy even said he didn’t know anything about the team’s sale just the move to London) and we have 6-7 new pages of replies based on a tweet that has nothing to do with the sale? :ols:

We are so desperate. SOS.

Also, can I post a longer run-on sentence?

Edited by KDawg
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We got billionaires owning other football teams which owner is as bad as Dan? 

Dam has certainly set a pretty low bar, but who knows what happens when a guy like Fritata steps on the stage.

Irsay is a pretty big scum bag, but we don't know if he's held cheerleaders hostage in foreign countries.

I'd like to slam Jerry or Kraft for the hookers and blow stuff, but that would be way too hypocritical of me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Starry Plough said:

Greetings one and all on this auspicious of Paddy’s Day, from the Emerald Isle itself - Belfast, to be precise. 

Long-time lurker on this forum after a 15 year fandom of the team, and have enjoyed the exchanges played out across various threads on ES. 

Needless to say then, this one in particular  I’ve monitored very closely, albeit with cautious optimism yet trepidation. Reason being I’m also a Liverpool FC fan of 36 years and still recall the Hicks & Gillett takeover in 2007, with many fans at that stage welcoming it due to the need for the club to be able to better compete, financially - SiP has done a great job of explaining this previously, from recollection, so I won’t bore anyone with details.

What I’d say though is to be careful what we wish for. Only whilst I fully appreciate ‘anyone but Dan’ is a win, and to an extent it is, Fertitta in particular worries me a little. Which, and I hate to be that guy, makes me ask, “would Dan be so spiteful that he’d almost deliberately opt for the worst candidate”? The type where in years to come he can smugly say to himself, “not looking like such a bad guy now, am I?” 

The idea of an actually competent owner/ownership turning things around quickly and making the team sustainably relevant must kill the guy! So would he sabotage that by again, agreeing with ‘the worst option’. 

I guess I just look at Dan the person, who you guys have had to endure much longer than I, needless to say, and between the boo’ing of Tanya and momentum of ‘post-Dan parade’ chat, I can’t shake that feeling his petulant, parting gift would be consistent with his reign.  

But that’s me doom mongering some, when it is of course (a) out of all our hands and (b) a complete unknown how things play out, and to reiterate what many of you have said better than I could, simply removing Dan in itself would put an end to that particular trauma, which the fan base deserves.

Personally speaking, then, I do hope the Harris-Rales group wins out and further, that it gets resolved in the coming days.

But aye, hopefully see some of you at the already mentioned parade when he’s gone. ‘Oh Danny Boy…the pipes, the pipes, are calling…’

Cheers! 

Great post,  As far as LFC I’ve gotten into Henry’s ownership here not the prior one. But while I agree Hicks was a disaster the previous run before him was actually good in terms of results but for LFC standards it wasn’t good enough.  

Really apples to oranges to this situation. LFC wasn’t coming off a 23 year run of hovering around relegation to being a mid level club at best. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dam has certainly set a pretty low bar, but who knows what happens when a guy like Fritata steps on the stage.

Irsay is a pretty big scum bag, but we don't know if he's held cheerleaders hostage in foreign countries.

I'd like to slam Jerry or Kraft for the hookers and blow stuff, but that would be way too hypocritical of me.

Many of these owners have flaws but Dan is the greatest hits version of every one of them as to flaws. He’s like an all you can eat buffet version of name that flaw and he has them all in spades. 

He is these days even cheaper than the Bengals owner, even sleazier than Irsay, interferes more than Jerry and sadly Dan has some  of his own unique flaws that I can’t even think of any other owner having 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I like Fritata !

dairy-free-veggie-frittata-fb.jpg

• Haha 5

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Many of these owners have flaws but Dan is the greatest hits version of every one of them as to flaws. He’s like an all you can eat buffet version of name that flaw and he has them all in spades. 

He is these days even cheaper than the Bengals owner, even sleazier than Irsay, interferes more than Jerry and sadly Dan has some  of his own unique flaws that I can’t even think of any other owner having 

Please stop making me attempt to make Dan not look like the PoS that he is. I do not enjoy this.

2 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I like Fritata !

dairy-free-veggie-frittata-fb.jpg

Shame on you frittatas that have never watched the League.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Starry Plough said:

Cheers! 

First, welcome to the board in terms of posting. dan does not realize he is a scum bag therefore could not see another as being a scum bag. What we see as **** traits dan sees as good business. So the result of any such petty moves would be for dan to pick someone competent because he would see them as a loser. 

To all those saying be careful what you wish for, we could get worse, have you not seen the last 20+ years? It's like standing outside in lightening storm holding up a 9 iron and if you stand inside you could still get hit by lightening. Well technically yes. But your chances go down expoenentially. So while yes, dan's replacement could also be a douchebag, dan is such a POS that it will be really hard for someone to match his ignorance. I am more than willing to take that chance.

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I like Fritata !

Creme-fraiche GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Please stop making me attempt to make Dan not look like the PoS that he is. I do not enjoy this.

How he has THIS much money is a real headscratcher. He is so incompetent in so many areas--maybe that's why? He just doesn't give a **** and milks all he can out of everyone and everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2