Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Well, what would Dan have said to him? "Hey, we can't sign Amari Cooper because I'm embezzling money so I can have parties on my yacht."

I'm not doubting it but it just sucks. We don't need our HC embroiled in this bull**** when he is supposed to be running the team.

Of course not - but football operations is a huge part of the business that is Washington Football, Inc. (the entity housing the team) and Ron runs football operations. Whatever he knows or has been told, you want to find out.

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Tilman Feritta is the only one that has actually made an offer, he offered $5.5bn, and he can't even get mentioned. :806:

Good, he seems terrible. Better than Dan until he’s accused of harassing the help but that’s a low bar to clear….

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Of course not - but football operations is a huge part of the business that is Washington Football, Inc. (the entity housing the team) and Ron runs football operations. Whatever he knows or has been told, you want to find out.

That and Ron's not stupid. He's been around football long enough to know NFL owners make major bank, so absent some obvious legit issue, cash flow problems are a flashing red sign.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Makes one wonder if owning the team is the only way Snyder can get loans, have this lavish lifestyle and live beyond his means.  

He has so many business failings it’s clear he’s not very smart. 

and most people consider owning and NFL team akin to owning a money printing machine. 

if you just don’t do incredibly stupid ****, consistency, the TV money alone should keep you afloat. 

And it appears he couldn’t even manage that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Honestly I think he’s cut from the same cloth musk and trump are. 

I’ll leave it at that, as to not screw up the thread with a tailgate topic. 

if you disagree with me that’s fine, I don’t want the mods called in on a back and forth. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 3
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, tshile said:

He has so many business failings it’s clear he’s not very smart. 

and most people consider owning and NFL team akin to owning a money printing machine. 

if you just don’t do incredibly stupid ****, consistency, the TV money alone should keep you afloat. 

And it appears he couldn’t even manage that. 

I wouldn't put him in charge of an Arby's. Mother****er would be selling my meats out the back door.

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to it.

In short, he somehow got his hands on confidential arbitration documents.  If I understood that right, that in itself to me is the most interesting aspect of this, I gather the NFL leaked it to him because it was an arbitration case between Dan and the minority partners that happened in the front of the NFL.

A.  At the time, the NFL wasn't interested in the details about the loan or Dan's alleged financial trangressions, they just wanted to settle the price for the minority partners to walk away

B.  The minority partners accused Dan in those documents over and over again about liquidity-cash flow issues and those were made worse by his lavish lifestyle and use the team as his personal biggy bank to finance this lifestyle including that's why he took out the secret loan

C. As far as jail time, fraud, etc as to the loan, depends on whether the bank waived the form needed from the board of directors.  The documents indicate that the bank asked for the form multiple times.  but they don't have enough information to show whether Dan gave them a fraudalent document or the bank just decided to screw it and waive the document

D.  He thinks Dan sells largely because he has a lot of debt

E.  Some fear from some that he tries not to sell

F.  He knows the NFL owners all want him gone, even Jerry, ditto the Commissioner.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Hmmm, you might be on to something! I dare say that he owes much of his wealth and notoriety to his purchase of the Redskins in 1999. 

This is why I dont get bent out of shape about him walking away will billions for ruining our beloved team. 

first - I’m not so sure how many billions he’s going to walk with

but second - I’m sure he’ll piss it all away in short order. 

im glad he’ll be gone. That’s the most important thing. 

but him ending up with no money cause he’s stupid and pissed it all away will be the sweet sweet icing on the cake 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All of these things push me to believe that, one way or the other, Snyder is going to sell. He already started down that path voluntarily, which was shocking upon the announcement in November that he and his wife, Tanya, were enlisting Bank of America to help them explore a sale.

Has he gotten his price yet? Apparently not. But The Post's story suggests that owners are circling the wagons and could indeed get the three-fourths of ownership vote that they need to force Snyder to sell. The ESPN story reports that Snyder's financial maneuvers are under investigation in Virginia, and who knows where that leads?

If I'm betting as to whether he sells, I bet yes. But I'm also not confident that a deal will be done until the ink is dry, if that makes any sense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/02/28/barry-svrluga-chat/

The ESPN reporter who wrote this mornings story is also betting that Dan sells.  Among other things the NFL powerbrokers among ownership (implying Jerry) want this to happen.

• Like 4