Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

13 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I totally get why people are anxious for this to be over with. I want it to be over with. I come to this thread several times a day to see what the latest gossip is. 

I think having a little perspective on this (not you) would help significantly. This isn’t a government ruining our lives here. This is a football team that is in the process of being sold. Where there is Dan there is drama. It’ll be nice when it all ends and football is the main course. 

Agree, its not life and death of course.  Sport is meant to be a diversion.  I think my perspective on this, hopefuly rational :ols: is I expect these ups and downs and bumps in the negotiation.  So while i like following it all, I am plenty optimistic. 

The way I see it is the Titanic is going to hit the iceberg over and over again unless that douche is gone.  I participate in many threads here.  But I can care less about who the backup QB is, who we draft, whether Payne stays or goes or any other topic compared to the importance of Dan being gone.  We got IMO almost zero shot to ever win anything with this dude as the owner.  

And like almost everyone else here, what galls me the most is how embarassing he's made it to be a fan of this team.   I wear Commanders gear out and about plenty of times, it brings plenty of conversations with other fans, I plan 2-3 excursions with my kids every year to see games.   So it impacts my life in a small way.

So while its all in fun, like anyone with a hobby -- music, art, sports or whatever, its part of your life.  And while it should be pure fun, it shouldn't provide this amount of angst.  Getting rid of that angst is important to me so it ends up a pure fun diversion.  

I think the other part of it for me is for someone who has moved around, traveled plenty and lived in DC -- you can see how sports teams are a piece of pride for locals.  I can think of so many stories of that which i experienced in particular Saints fans chatting with me in NO, have some relatives there too.  Why not DC again?

Heck, abroad, in Liverpool, they have tourist bus tours to show fans spots in the city tied to the team.  That team is part of that city's identity. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, its not life and death of course.  Sport is meant to be a diversion.  I think my perspective on this, hopefuly rational :ols: is I expect these ups and downs and bumps in the negotiation.  So while i like following it all, I am plenty optimistic. 

The way I see it is the Titanic is going to hit the iceberg over and over again unless that douche is gone.  I participate in many threads here.  But I can care less about who the backup QB is, who we draft, whether Payne stays or goes or any other topic compared to the importance of Dan being gone.  We got IMO almost zero shot to ever win anything with this dude as the owner.  

And like almost everyone else here, what galls me the most is how embarassing he's made it to be a fan of this team.   I wear Commanders gear out and about plenty of times, it brings plenty of conversations with other fans, I plan 2-3 excursions with my kids every year to see games.   So it impacts my life in a small way.

So while its all in fun, like anyone with a hobby -- music, art, sports or whatever, its part of your life.  And while it should be pure fun, it shouldn't provide this amount of angst.  Getting rid of that angst is important to me so it ends up a pure fun diversion.  

I think the other part of it for me is for someone who has moved around, traveled plenty and lived in DC -- you can see how sports teams are a piece of pride for locals.  I can think of so many stories of that which i experienced in particular Saints fans chatting with me in NO, have some relatives there too.  Why not DC again?

Heck, abroad, in Liverpool, they have tourist bus tours to show fans spots in the city tied to the team.  That team is part of that city's identity. 

i agree with all of this except walking around in Commanders gear, haha. I haven’t and won’t even considered buying anything until he is gone. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

From that article.  This is a fun point as part of this.  If Dan sells for less than he could get for it, it hurts all the owners.  I do believe Standig and the NY Post guy this morning alluding that their source is tied to Bezos and Bezos is pushing the narrative.  Bezos would not want Snyder to in the dark shoot him down, by going public, Dan's in the spotlight for not getting the best value for this team -- even if its pure posturing by Dan, this ensures if Dan is really serious about omitting the highest buyer, its good for the other owners to know he's doing this. 

this stuff is more interesting in my opinion. Snyder HATES Bezos and could reject his bid. And that's where it gets fun because there is no way in hell the other NFL owners will allow Snyder to accept a lower bid than Bezos'. So Snyder might have to sell his team to his sworn enemy. It's fascinating and great theater.

But the idea Dan won't sell, nah. Not gonna hear it. He will not be the owner come next season. No way, no how.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Interesting take:

It's only an interesting take if it's a choice between Bezos and someone else (concluding with a denouement of, "Thank god Snyder is gone"). If it's a choice between Bezos (or even Beezelbub himself)  or Snyder keeping the team the answer is, "sell... Sell... SELL!!"

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan said he had a source listening to that interview

A.  Josh Harris has actually made a bid, in the 5.5 billion-5.6 billion range

B.  Confirmed the Bezos part of that story

Sheehan’s source knows nothing and is speculating or is breaking an NDA.  

My guess is the former. 

EDIT: or is in on the media campaign to cause as much stress to rhe fan base as possible as Dan’s parting gift.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Thumb down 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Sheehan’s source knows nothing and is speculating or is breaking an NDA.  

My guess is the former. 

I know you think all sources on this are making it up.  No way to know who is bidding and what figures are being offered, its all fantasy.  For all we know Snyder might love Bezos and finalizing an 8 billion dollar deal for the team or whatever.  when Standig says he hears from someone close to Bezos that Dan doesn't want to sell to him thus far -- that source is just making it up and Standig is the sucker who believes him.

I'll say all these guys covering the story say there are a lot of conflicting reports, especially Keim.   

36 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Interesting take:

I read that and was intrigued as well and it makes a lot of sense. I know Bezos is pretty hands-off with the Post but there is a conflict here in him getting access to all the information that could later make it's way to the Post via Bezos connection. And in the end, given that Bezos is rumored to be interested in selling the Post, it makes sense that him selling the post would be a condition for Snyder to sell him the team, based on that factor alone (versus a grudge over past discretions)

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Digger said:

It's only an interesting take if it's a choice between Bezos and someone else (concluding with a denouement of, "Thank god Snyder is gone"). If it's a choice between Bezos (or even Beezelbub himself)  or Snyder keeping the team the answer is, "sell... Sell... SELL!!"

You didn’t read the article. The guy is basically saying Bezos can give access to the Washington Post all the document the team has if he wins or even if he is given due diligence docs. There may be evidence of legitimate crimes in those documents. Having a series of investigative reports drop in the Post might not be in Dan’s best interest both from what’s left of his reputation but also his potential freedom. I don’t agree with it but it’s an interesting take on the situation, 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know you think all sources on this are making it up.  No way to know who is bidding and what figures are being offered, its all fantasy.  For all we know Snyder might love Bezos and finalizing an 8 billion dollar deal for the team or whatever.  when Standig says he hears from someone close to Bezos that Dan doesn't want to sell -- that source is just making it up and Standig is the sucker who believes him.

I'll say all these guys covering the story say there are a lot of conflicting reports, especially Keim.  

Keim was on BMitch and Finlay this morning and had some good points re: sources here. Both said they have heard things that they have not reported because you do not report on speculation. When it comes to players/FAs/draft picks ... they always know who they can rely on for sourcing and who they can verify/confirm with anonymously who they trust. Neither one can do that in this scenario, and it prevents them from reporting on most of the gossipy stuff they here, because they simply cannot verify much of it since those involved are not their typical sources.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

You didn’t read the article. The guy is basically saying Bezos can give access to the Washington Post all the document the team has if he wins or even if he is given due diligence docs. There may be evidence of legitimate crimes in those documents. Having a series of investigative reports drop in the Post might not be in Dan’s best interest both from what’s left of his reputation but also his potential freedom. I don’t agree with it but it’s an interesting take on the situation, 

And so what exactly prevents anyone else that buys the team from doing the same thing?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Keim was on BMitch and Finlay this morning and had some good points re: sources here. Both said they have heard things that they have not reported because you do not report on speculation. When it comes to players/FAs/draft picks ... they always know who they can rely on for sourcing and who they can verify/confirm with anonymously who they trust. Neither one can do that in this scenario, and it prevents them from reporting on most of the gossipy stuff they here, because they simply cannot verify much of it since those involved are not their typical sources.

Sure. I listened to it, too.  I've repeated that on other threads.  Keim has said the same before.  What makes this story hard is its about a  business network of connections not so much football, as Finlay in particular has said previously, @Voice_of_Reason referenced this part this weekend, etc. 

With guys like Sheehan among others I get the vibe is there are running with what his connections in the FO are hearing.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

And so what exactly prevents anyone else that buys the team from doing the same thing?

I agree. I posted what was written not agreeing with it.

However from Dan’s perspective, Dan might perceive it that the others don’t have a vendetta against him. Unlike Bezos who obviously bought the Washington Post with the sole intent of forcing a sale so he could take over because Bezos is obviously jealous of Dan and obsessed with him. Dan is certain of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know you think all sources on this are making it up.  No way to know who is bidding and what figures are being offered, its all fantasy.  For all we know Snyder might love Bezos and finalizing an 8 billion dollar deal for the team or whatever.  when Standig says he hears from someone close to Bezos that Dan doesn't want to sell to him thus far -- that source is just making it up and Standig is the sucker who believes him.

The report was Harris bid 5.5-5.6.  

Sheehan said his source heard the same thing.  

I’m telling you nobody who actually could confirm that would tell anybody because they would be in breach of an NDA.

Bezos’ situation might be different if they were never allowed into the process at all, and therefore didn’t have to sign an NDA.  If that’s the case, then information in that regard could be legitimate.

But I promise you the number of bidders and the amount of the bids are absolutely either part of a media campaign to cause the fans frustration, speculation for sources to seem “in the know” or just flat made up. Or the source is breaking the NDA.  Which would end badly for them.  

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

The report was Harris bid 5.5-5.6.  

Sheehan said his source heard the same thing.  

that's one of the conflicting reports.  The NY Post business reporter said he heard Harris hasn't bid, yet.  Sheehan says his source contradicts that and that he has bid.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But I promise you the number of bidders and the amount of the bids are absolutely either part of a media campaign to cause the fans frustration, speculation for sources to seem “in the know” or just flat made up. Or the source is breaking the NDA.  Which would end badly for them.  

Basically the stories today, Standig and the NY Post guy both revealed their sources in the Bezos camp.

These guys are all throwing crap at the wall.

The Jason Wright quote is the closest thing to proof that Little Danny is selling. Not because he wants to, but because he knows he has to. Too much debt. The league may not have the balls to vote him out, but they can bleed him out financially. Combine that with his family having to go into hiding if he doesn't sell... come on, he's selling.

And would he really turn down an offer from Bezos that is significantly better than the runner up? Would his family let him do that? 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

With guys like Sheehan among others I get the vibe is there are running with what his connections in the FO are hearing.

I’ve been part of a bunch of transactions.  I can tell you, unless you’re read in, you know nothing.  There was WILD speculation, media reporting, a variety of other things a company of mine was going to be bought by PWC.  (This is years ago) it was rampant within the executives at the company, and the rumor was almost accepted as fact.  

After weeks of speculation and reporting, even in The Journal and The Post, Deloitte ended up buying the company.  Everybody, including the senior execs who weren’t part of the C-suite were shocked.

All this to say, Sheehan’s FO sources probably don’t and can’t know anything.  But rumors start somehow, and they spread like wildfire.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Basically the stories today, Standig and the NY Post guy both revealed their sources in the Bezos camp.

For the Bezos side, that’s fine.  

Im more challenging anything about the number of bids and bid amounts.  

And there’s no way Bezos’ guys know that.  Unless they signed the NDA and then they couldn’t talk about it. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

that's one of the conflicting reports.  The NY Post business reporter said he heard Harris hasn't bid, yet.  Sheehan says his source contradicts that and that he has bid.

Neither of them know ****.  It’s not a report. It’s a baseless SWAG based on rumor.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jumbo said:

If Dan Snyder doesn't sell this off season I will be starting threads in the stadium that will be harsher than anything ever seen here without concern for consequence. The thread titles alone will be much more heated than any in the tailgate.

I know that sounds like a tempest in a teapot scenario but I will also call up all the football media I can think of and tell them the history of this site, the fan base, and how utterly loathed and reviled Dan is and how many have walked away with actual hatred for all things Snyder. 

digital art spinning GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski