Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

This makes you wonder what Bezos is waiting for if he is gonna bid? 

Bezos is waiting for the best and final from the other bidders then will top it in one fell swoop. No back and forth and no nonsense. If it happens with him that’s the way it will happen. 

Didn't someone post that 2nd round bids were submitted a couple weeks ago.  Is there a planned 3rd round or is it just open-ended until Dan sees the number he's comfortable with from the current bidders?

All the talk about him not wanting to sell to Besos makes sense but I wonder if he would due to another potential factor:

He might want the highest amount if Tanya might rid herself of his arse after the sale to distance herself from him and all the legal issues.  That would mean she would get 1/2 (barring a pre-nup) of his worth post sale and she could make the argument that she was the de-facto owner the last 2 years so could ask for a break of that pre-nup agreement.

Just spitballing here as to why Dan might sell to Bezos if he gets an offer much higher than current bids.

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bezos is waiting for the best and final from the other bidders then will top it in one fell swoop. No back and forth and no nonsense. If it happens with him that’s the way it will happen. 

Well then it makes me wonder when the final offers we be submitted?

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I read that is how he generally does business so I hope you are right. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Well then it makes me wonder when the final offers we be submitted?

At this point unless it’s Bezos nothing is happening at then March meetings. Harris has been vetted for his minority stake in the Steelers so he can be relatively fast too but the due diligence on the financing is probably past the point of March meetings. 

48 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

At this point unless it’s Bezos nothing is happening at then March meetings. Harris has been vetted for his minority stake in the Steelers so he can be relatively fast too but the due diligence on the financing is probably past the point of March meetings. 

Worth the wait. Everything we’re hearing about Harris is exactly what we would be hoping to hear about a new owner. With Bezos… Not necessarily. We hear about toxic workplace issues with him, and certainly he appears to be somewhat of an egomaniac. Don’t get me wrong, anything but Snyder all day long. But Bezos isn’t the only billionaire out there, and this guy Harris sounds a lot better to me.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Taking his money out of the equation, why does everyone just assume Bezos would be a home-run pick? I'm asking an honest question, because I don't see it.

I would say front-runner instead  because he can outbid anyone, already does business with the NFL through the Thursday Night Football package, and his local ties with the Wapo.

First thing Bezos would do, rename the Franchise the Amazons.  He would change the color scheme to Amazon Blue and White. The logo would be Amazon logo.  The Cheerleaders or Dancevteam will look like Amazons.

He would have the people behind the music for Xenia:Warrior Princess, create a new team theme.

Season ticket holders will be required to have an Amazon account and subscribed to Amazon Prime. 

A statue of Bezos Will greet fans at junkex and the new palatial stadium in DC.  Bezos will shake up the nfl the way Jerry Jones did.

Bezos will allow Ron to enter the season as coach but will make it clear Ron has to win in 23. He will state Ron is on the hot seat and failure isn’t an option.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

12 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Taking his money out of the equation, why does everyone just assume Bezos would be a home-run pick? I'm asking an honest question, because I don't see it.

It’s not really an honest question, if you take his money out of the equation.

His money = infinite resources and pull.  I also imagine he’d relish the opportunity to do what Dan not only couldn’t do, but repair his mess.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

He would overhaul our facilities and make us state of the art when it comes to tech and data analytics. He would ensure we don't have any dinosaurs in our operation. We'd go from league joke to potentially on the cutting edge in that department.

Bezos also opens up doors. People are going to want to come here to work for him because of the opportunities it could potentially open up in other areas. Look at the potential minority owners that'd join him. Jay-Z. Matthew McConaughey. etc.

And the thing about Bezos is the guy is a competitive egomaniac. He would never allow us to suck for as long as we've sucked. He'd absolutely hire the best people in the FO, coaching staff, scouting dept etc. For him its not about profits, its about being associated with a winning product.

Oh and you know 100% he'd get a new stadium done probably somewhere in D.C. with his connections.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Worth the wait. Everything we’re hearing about Harris is exactly what we would be hoping to hear about a new owner. With Bezos… Not necessarily. We hear about toxic workplace issues with him, and certainly he appears to be somewhat of an egomaniac. Don’t get me wrong, anything but Snyder all day long. But Bezos isn’t the only billionaire out there, and this guy Harris sounds a lot better to me.

I disagree. Harris will milk every penny out of the fans in PSLs and build a stadium in the boonies. Bezos is the only one who can afford to use the RFK site. You can’t maximize profits there. Bezos doesn’t need to. Having his owner’s suite in the district where he can lobby politicians is worth more to him than a mega complex in semi rural Virginia. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I disagree. Harris will milk every penny out of the fans in PSLs and build a stadium in the boonies. Bezos is the only one who can afford to use the RFK site. You can’t maximize profits there. Bezos doesn’t need to. Having his owner’s suite in the district where he can lobby politicians is worth more to him than a mega complex in semi rural Virginia. 

This is a good point. https://www.washingtonian.com/2018/04/22/inside-jeff-bezos-dc-life/

Read the article from 2018 ... he wants to be an influencer and socialite. Nothing will go further in accomplishing that than owning the Commanders and putting in state of the art facilities and a stadium. A Bezos owned Commanders would be a massive showcasing opportunity for himself, the NFL, etc. The fans would benefit from the simple fact that all of those factors would likely lead to an enhanced fan experience and a better product on the field.

You can do a hell of a lot worse than one of the richest people in the world wanting to use your franchise as a token to showcase both himself and the NFL.

The stadium would be in spitting distance from his showcase of HQ2 as well. 

When I read that article in 2018 I had two immediate gut reactions ... HQ2 was going to Arlington and Bezos would end up as owner of the Commanders.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Agreed. Bezos has a wider agenda. Owning this football team supports that’s. Win Win situation.

27 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

First thing Bezos would do, rename the Franchise the Amazons.  He would change the color scheme to Amazon Blue and White. The logo would be Amazon logo.  The Cheerleaders or Dancevteam will look like Amazons.

He would have the people behind the music for Xenia:Warrior Princess, create a new team theme.

Season ticket holders will be required to have an Amazon account and subscribed to Amazon Prime. 

A statue of Bezos Will greet fans at junkex and the new palatial stadium in DC.  Bezos will shake up the nfl the way Jerry Jones did.

Bezos will allow Ron to enter the season as coach but will make it clear Ron has to win in 23. He will state Ron is on the hot seat and failure isn’t an option.

Take a lap 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Agreed. Bezos has a wider agenda. Owning this football team supports that’s. Win Win situation.

Fair enough. But building a winning organization is the only agenda I care about, and Harris seems to be working off the correct roadmap for that. Bezos I don’t know, but you’re right there is upside that him being beyond the normal billionaire can bring. But it’s also possible his wider agenda does nothing to help the football team or even holds it back. But anyway either one of these guys and I will be dancing in the streets!

4 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Fair enough. But building a winning organization is the only agenda I care about, and Harris seems to be working off the correct roadmap for that. Bezos I don’t know, but you’re right there is upside that him being beyond the normal billionaire can bring. But it’s also possible his wider agenda does nothing to help the football team or even holds it back. But anyway either one of these guys and I will be dancing in the streets!

Snyder wanted to make decisions that would make us win.  He decided to surround himself with people who would tell him that his decisions did not make us lose so he should ignore the rest.

Bezos wants to make decisions that win, so he surrounds himself with people who will help him make decisions that win.  That's why he's one of the richest people in the world and Dan Snyder is less valuable than dog****.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Snyder wanted to make decisions that would make us win.  He decided to surround himself with people who would tell him that his decisions did not make us lose so he should ignore the rest.

Bezos wants to make decisions that win, so he surrounds himself with people who will help him make decisions that win.  That's why he's one of the richest people in the world and Dan Snyder is less valuable than dog****.

Sure, but what you say about Bezos is also true about Harris. We all know business success doesn’t always lead to sports ownership success, but Harris has both on his résumé. Nothing at all against Bezos, I’d love to have him, but Harris seems like the safer pick. And after the Snyder nightmare, safety is what I’m looking for. If Beezos is the fan favorite, so be it... But could somebody please tell him to put in a bid already!!

• Like 1

Just now, woodpecker said:

Sure, but what you say about Bezos is also true about Harris. We all know business success doesn’t always lead to sports ownership success, but Harris has both on his résumé. Nothing at all against Bezos, I’d love to have him, but Harris seems like the safer pick. And after the Snyder nightmare, safety is what I’m looking for. If Beezos is the fan favorite, so be it... But could somebody please tell him to put in a bid already!!

No arguments here, he just is obsessed with being the best, and that's what we need.  Not a narcissist who needs to FEEL like he's the best, but a narcissist who IS the best.

I think your worries are well-founded, I just am excited for legit resources/respect, and we know that Bezos is literally on the bleeding edge of tech.  It is nothing against Harris at all.

And yeah, I can't wait until we know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

No arguments here, he just is obsessed with being the best, and that's what we need.  Not a narcissist who needs to FEEL like he's the best, but a narcissist who IS the best.

I think your worries are well-founded, I just am excited for legit resources/respect, and we know that Bezos is literally on the bleeding edge of tech.  It is nothing against Harris at all.

And yeah, I can't wait until we know.

Same here! Truth is either one of these guys (or anyone for that matter) will be a million times better than Snyder. I will be happy as hell regardless. This discussion about which one is just killing time until the day we get to celebrate the end of the dip ****!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

The book "The Everything Store" sheds some light on how Bezos operated Amazon. Been a few years since I read it but from what I recall the pros are he's smart, excellent learner, fosters collaboration, visionary. Cons are he could be pretty impatient and rude with anyone he deemed was delivering subpar performance - straddled the line of abusive. Also a pretty big cheapskate, which probably derived from his obsession with efficiency. Engineered some cutthroat manuevering to undercut or eliminate competition that's typical of all the big monopoly orgs you can think of.

So take that for what you will. The cheapness thing is what sticks with me - everyone assumes he'll just invest his wealth into creating SOTA facilities, acquiring the best coaches, staff, and players, new stadium, etc...not to say he won't but being rich has nothing to do with an appetite for throwing cash around. Why hasn't he submitted a bid yet? Because he doesnt want to overpay for an asset. Will he throw top-dollar at everything on my wish-list? I'm not so sure.

I'm hoping for Harris right now. Running a monopoly vs. Succesfully running a profesional sports team are very different ball games. Give me the person who's actually owned a sports franchise.

My view is ANYONE besides Snyder will open up the RFK site for the next stadium (i really want this to happen). And there is a ton of work to do to get the franchise back to even close to what it once was. How capable Bezos will be at repairing this mess is wild speculation - Harris at least has a relatively positive track record with his other franchises.

End of the day, all the bidders are stupidly wealthy people looking for an ego boost and neither of them is Dan. I don't care who buys the team just as long as it's sold within the next few months.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, hailer21 said:

So take that for what you will. The cheapness thing is what sticks with me - everyone assumes he'll just invest his wealth into creating SOTA facilities, acquiring the best coaches, staff, and players, new stadium, etc...not to say he won't but being rich has nothing to do with an appetite for throwing cash around. Why hasn't he submitted a bid yet? Because he doesnt want to overpay for an asset. Will he throw top-dollar at everything on my wish-list? I'm not so sure.

I'm hoping for Harris right now. Running a monopoly vs. Succesfully running a profesional sports team are very different ball games. Give me the person who's actually owned a sports franchise.

My view is ANYONE besides Snyder will open up the RFK site for the next stadium (i really want this to happen). And there is a ton of work to do to get the franchise back to even close to what it once was. How capable Bezos will be at repairing this mess is wild speculation - Harris at least has a relatively positive track record with his other franchises.

End of the day, all the bidders are stupidly wealthy people looking for an ego boost and neither of them is Dan. I don't care who buys the team just as long as it's sold within the next few months.

Good write up.

Yeah I mentioned too in the past Bezos was known for being cheap.  Some think he will spare no expense as an NFL owner, that's certainly possible but as you pointed out that's not a slam dunk certainty. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Harris is breaking away from the Philly sports complex where the Phillies and Eagles, Flyers, Sixers play now and building a new arena right in the heart of center city Philadelphia so I wonder where you get the info that Harris will build out in "the boonies" cause that's not what he's doing in Philly with the Sixers?

• Like 1