Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

39 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Give the lady her due respect-- that's Mistress Tanya the dark queen of pain you're talking about!

Tanya, in her working gear and black wig "taking command" while teaching the art of obedience to the disheveled one.

Hot Damn CITR!! That might just be the nicest picture ever posted on Extremeskins!

Seriously though, Tanya's giving Dan the divorce papers the second that ink on the deal is dry. Half of $8 billion, thank you very much!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dyst said:

Why can’t we just change the name to Skins (dropping the red). New owner may get benefit of the doubt. Rhetorical question.

Because it very clearly is still referencing the old name, which they are trying to move past.  It's a disingenuous name change that doesn't recognize the concerns people have about "redskins".  Assuming people are stupid and wouldn't notice isn't a great idea.  Any understanding of nuance would tell you this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@JSSkinz listened to Gutman on sheehan's latest podcast, wow is he irrate.  He's saying now if was advising Dan he'd tell him not to sell.  He feels that the outstanding lawsuit should compell Dan to stay put and make Dan think what's the point of selling if I am going to get grief regardless.  I hope he's wrong but I see what you mean about his take which is in essense the lawsuit has no grounding coming from that juristiction among other things and it aligns the NFL with Dan.

I happened to catch him on Grant and Danny (side note: holy **** is Danny Rouhier annoying. Grant is still arrogant, but at least has gotten better from his I-Know-Everything days, but every time Danny talks it's not-funny schtick and adds nothing). 

But I digress: Gutman was pissed on that show too--mostly because this is just going to get thrown out. I don't see this going to court either. He had no idea what Racine's goal was other than to  have a press conference and pile on the commonly-agreed villain.

As for his contention that it forces the NFL and Snyder together, I am less worried about that now with the NFL's statement, saying they would defend themselves and Goodell. It did not mention Snyder. I am still in the "Snyder will sell and our nightmare is ending" camp. I think the owners have still had it, and they have told him to get your billions and get out. Snyder is leveraged to the hilt, as you've been saying for a while. He cannot get the stadium done, he has run this fanbase into the ground, and is an overall festering pus-filled boil on the ass of the NFL. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Right, because the NFL wouldn't be in this fine mess in the first place without Snyder.

They were almost clear...until Snyder released those emails that got Gruden fired in a misguided effort to smear Bruce Allen...who wasn't even in the league at the time.

"But, but...Brian got shot!!" 🙄

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I happened to catch him on Grant and Danny (side note: holy **** is Danny Rouhier annoying. Grant is still arrogant, but at least has gotten better from his I-Know-Everything days, but every time Danny talks it's not-funny schtick and adds nothing). 

But I digress: Gutman was pissed on that show too--mostly because this is just going to get thrown out. I don't see this going to court either. He had no idea what Racine's goal was other than to  have a press conference and pile on the commonly-agreed villain.

As for his contention that it forces the NFL and Snyder together, I am less worried about that now with the NFL's statement, saying they would defend themselves and Goodell. It did not mention Snyder. I am still in the "Snyder will sell and our nightmare is ending" camp. I think the owners have still had it, and they have told him to get your billions and get out. Snyder is leveraged to the hilt, as you've been saying for a while. He cannot get the stadium done, he has run this fanbase into the ground, and is an overall festering pus-filled boil on the ass of the NFL. 

That was a 70 chip worthy post Riggo!

It'll be remembered when you officially make the Extremeskins hall of Fame (assuming Disheveled Dan and Mistress Tanya don't pull the plug on the forum first).

For you youngins:

"Fourth and one at Miami 's 43-yard line, 10 minutes left in the game. Joe Theismann called the play in the huddle: "Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white." It was a handoff to John Riggins, the Redskins' 6-2, 240-pound running back. Riggins headed for a huge hole on the left side created by H-back Otis Wonsley and two of the celebrated Hogs, 300-pound tackle Joe Jacoby and 275-pound guard Russ Grimm..."

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

"Fourth and one at Miami 's 43-yard line, 10 minutes left in the game. Joe Theismann called the play in the huddle: "Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white." It was a handoff to John Riggins, the Redskins' 6-2, 240-pound running back. Riggins headed for a huge hole on the left side created by H-back Otis Wonsley and two of the celebrated Hogs, 300-pound tackle Joe Jacoby and 275-pound guard Russ Grimm..."

Preach on brother!!

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Then what happened? Don't leave us hanging! :silly:

• Haha 8

22 minutes ago, fullnelson9999 said:

Because it very clearly is still referencing the old name, which they are trying to move past.  It's a disingenuous name change that doesn't recognize the concerns people have about "redskins".  Assuming people are stupid and wouldn't notice isn't a great idea.  Any understanding of nuance would tell you this.

Don’t get all up in your feelings lol

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

Breaking news from @ShiftySchefter:

Jeff Bezos has withdrawn his offer to purchase the team and has applied for welfare relief.

A group headed by Kim Kardashian West and her newly announced fiance,  Pete Davidson, are the new front runners to acquire the team.

If they win the bid, Kris Kardashian Jenner is expected to be the team's new GM and Flav-A-Flav will be the head coach.

More details to come...

image.png.2772f6316c650c853ae3be4eed609a0d.png

Your new Washington Commanders brain trust.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 4

This slant of Galvanizing Dan is one of the most ludicrous things about the whole saga. They dont go from having the votes to vote him out after 2 decades of nonsense to being immediately on his side after that presser. If anything that only angers them more that they are being dragged into more nonsense because of him. If anything that only angers them more that they are being dragged into more nonsense because of him. If Dan would have taken the fine and suspension like that was originally offered instead of the is he isnt he with Tanya being put in Day to Day. Then the whole saga would have been over and Dan would still have the team. At least until the next inevitable scandal. The owners will get off scotch free. Goddell will be replaced. Dan will sell and the NFL will be free of other investigations. Yesterday changed nothing.

Edited by Zim489
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

A word on Bezos:  

First, I don't think his group is going to end up being the group chosen.  I think mostly because Dan won't want to sell it to him, and he's petty (and rich) enough to take a little less from somebody else to "stick it to" Bezos.  But also the Amazon connection with the NFL could present a bit of a problem. And I'm not entirely sure the other owners want to have the 4th richest guy in the world amongst their ranks.  It pushes them all down a peg.  Both from a wealth and also a status perspective.  Jerry is the most powerful and recognizable owner in the NFL right now.  Bezos buys a team, almost defacto he's the most powerful person int he room before the ink dries.  Do Jerry, Kraft, the Rooneys, Maras, Hunts, etc. want that?  I'm not sure.  Maybe.  Because it lifts them up.  But maybe not, because they all of a sudden have a guy who could literally buy the league for cash tomorrow if he wanted to.  

Second, Bezos bought the post and from what I know (and they were a client of mine before and after the acquisition) he really just let the newspaper people run the business.  That bodes well for him hiring the right people, providing input but staying out of the way.  

Third, he has the reputation of being a bit of an ass.  So did Steve Jobs.  A lot of it came down to the fact they demand perfection from those who work for them, and sometimes don't understand why others aren't either as driven or innately talented as they are.  That's not an excuse, it's just sortof the way they are.  

Fourth, the biggest benefit from Bezos would be he commands such attention because of his vast economic empire, he can basically bend municipalities to his will.  I firmly believe if he wants the RFK site, he's probably one of the very few people who can make that happen quickly.  Every stadium location opens up.  He already owns Crystal City.  Maybe he wants to put a stadium there.  Shrug.  It opens a ton of doors for just about eveyrthing, because there isn't a person in the world who won't take his phone call and give whatever he is proposing serious consideration. That is if they don't just poop their pants and say, "yes sir, Mr. Bezos sir, whatever you want."

Fifth, he's a businessman.  He's super wealthy.  But being super wealthy doesn't mean he's just going to throw money around because he has it.  He's going to be pragmatic.  That's how billionaires become billionaires.  He runs Amazon frugally to boost profits and enhance share price.  For those thinking he wouldn't do the same with the Commanders, you're nuts.  If he buys the team, it's because he sees it as a great way to get revenue.  

The benefit to the fans is they could build Jerry-world + for cash next week.  But if you don't think he would try to maximize the revenue of that venue in any way possible, you're nuts.  PSLs, high ticket prices, etc. 

Sixth, I do think if he buys a team he is going to be EXTREMELY interested in that team winning, because I don't think he wants a stain on his resume.  So, that's good. Does he know how to go about doing that?  I'm not sure.  But I do think he's smart enough to listen.  The big question is, who is he going to listen to?  Would he throw money at Payton?  Peyton Manning to be an executive?  (that would be fun...)  I dunno.  The risk is he gets the wrong person to listen to.  But I do think he would really want the team to win.  Because winning = revenue, and he knows is.  

Well-thought out post. My couple of thoughts, I had reading this.  As a disclaimer, I am a flag waiving, card-carrying member of Team Jay-Zos, so I am most likely biased. I'll address each point separately:

#1. I've heard this a couple of times, and you might be right. But the NFL has to approve the deal still, and even without any coercion, they have a vested interest in seeing the highest sale price. Snyder is not smooth, either. If Bezos is the highest, I think that's where it will go. He has also hated the post long before Bezos bought it. Also, a rising tide lifts all boats--it's been reported the NFL has a raging hard on to get Bezos in their club. I think it's who ends up with the team.

#2: Agreed, its a very good sign, if true.

#3: "A lot of it came down to the fact they demand perfection" this actually makes me smile. This also means we are going to have top-flight facilities and stadium. I also think this is what makes me highest on Team Jay-Zos: We will have the most technologically advanced team in the NFL. The guy who went from selling books on the internet to one of the most advanced tech companies in the world isn't going to rely on outdated technology. We will know what teams will do two weeks before they do!

#4: I actually would love for them to poop said pants and kotow to Bezos.

#5: I don't want Bezos to be a drunken sailor in port like Steve Cohen. Pragmatic, smart spending is what wins in the NFL.

#6: This is the biggest question: Will he listen to smarter people than him? He might be one of the smartest people alive, but he needs people who are football-smart. WIll he be willing to incorporate their knowledge? I would think so. He built a world-wide empire--not some shady, telemarketing company.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

A word on Bezos:  

First, I don't think his group is going to end up being the group chosen.  I think mostly because Dan won't want to sell it to him, and he's petty (and rich) enough to take a little less from somebody else to "stick it to" Bezos.  But also the Amazon connection with the NFL could present a bit of a problem. And I'm not entirely sure the other owners want to have the 4th richest guy in the world amongst their ranks.  It pushes them all down a peg.  Both from a wealth and also a status perspective. 

If I was a member of an exclusive club, few things would elevate the status of my club more than having the 4th richest man in the world be part of it. It probably also makes my net worth jump a good bit. 

But I don't like reading that he can be a bit of an arrogant A-hole. I'd rather respect him as a person just as much as I respect his wealth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fullnelson9999 said:

This is a perfect summation of why I hate "Redwolves", thanks FN!!

17 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

If I was a member of an exclusive club, few things would elevate the status of my club more than having the 4th richest man in the world be part of it. It probably also makes my net worth jump a good bit. 

Eh, if I was the big cheese of the elite club, would I really want to not be the big cheese?  

In the end, I think if Bezos offers the most money, he gets the team.  As I said, I don't think the NFL has a lot of say as to who Dan sells the team to.  

3 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I hate Redwolves because it sounds like a junior high school travel soccer team name.

But to each their own.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Well-thought out post. My couple of thoughts, I had reading this.  As a disclaimer, I am a flag waiving, card-carrying member of Team Jay-Zos, so I am most likely biased. I'll address each point separately:

#1. I've heard this a couple of times, and you might be right. But the NFL has to approve the deal still, and even without any coercion, they have a vested interest in seeing the highest sale price. Snyder is not smooth, either. If Bezos is the highest, I think that's where it will go. He has also hated the post long before Bezos bought it. Also, a rising tide lifts all boats--it's been reported the NFL has a raging hard on to get Bezos in their club. I think it's who ends up with the team.

#2: Agreed, its a very good sign, if true.

#3: "A lot of it came down to the fact they demand perfection" this actually makes me smile. This also means we are going to have top-flight facilities and stadium. I also think this is what makes me highest on Team Jay-Zos: We will have the most technologically advanced team in the NFL. The guy who went from selling books on the internet to one of the most advanced tech companies in the world isn't going to rely on outdated technology. We will know what teams will do two weeks before they do!

#4: I actually would love for them to poop said pants and kotow to Bezos.

#5: I don't want Bezos to be a drunken sailor in port like Steve Cohen. Pragmatic, smart spending is what wins in the NFL.

#6: This is the biggest question: Will he listen to smarter people than him? He might be one of the smartest people alive, but he needs people who are football-smart. WIll he be willing to incorporate their knowledge? I would think so. He built a world-wide empire--not some shady, telemarketing company.

I don't really know anywhere near enough about any of them as owners to really have a vote either way.

The one thing I will say, if it's Bezos/Jay-Z, i think we can feel very comfortable everything will be state of the art, first rate, leading edge.  Jay-Z brings the entertainment angle also. They would almost certainly consider this an entertainment endeavor more than just a football endeavor.  That could be really fun.

And hell, get Beyonce to come sing the national anthem, that would be pretty cool too.  :)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't really know anywhere near enough about any of them as owners to really have a vote either way.

The one thing I will say, if it's Bezos/Jay-Z, i think we can feel very comfortable everything will be state of the art, first rate, leading edge.  Jay-Z brings the entertainment angle also. They would almost certainly consider this an entertainment endeavor more than just a football endeavor.  That could be really fun.

And hell, get Beyonce to come sing the national anthem, that would be pretty cool too.  :)

I think the gameday experience would shoot from the worst in the league to one of the best in a few years.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Not really.  In the United States, there are many colleges that have had to change their name from "Redskins", or another "red" related nickname, to something deemed more acceptable.  The schools that used similar sounding names, such as St John's Redmen>St John's Red Storm, Miami Redskins>Miami Red Hawks, or even the more obscure Shippensburg Red Raiders>Shippensburg Raiders, etc. have already cleared the court of public opinion.  The new names may reference the old name in spirit, but they are in fact completely new concepts with a new identity.  A hawk is not a person. A storm is not a person. A "raider" could be from anywhere.

What the Washington organization said was they were moving away from any and all native american references with the new name.  They never said that they couldn't use the color "red" in the new name, as red is a color that applies to a near infinite number of things that aren't native americans.

The point is to move away from the old name and identity to the extent that the public deems acceptable.  "Skins" is nonsensical and refers to nothing but the name that came before it.  It's not just a vague reference to the old name, it is the old name.

Edited by fullnelson9999

1 hour ago, fullnelson9999 said:

Wait...answering your question in good faith means "I'm in my feelings"?  Weird take.  Maybe don't be so defensive.

Whoa whoa whoa. Relax man. Don’t get so emotional. (i’m just kidding man). I’m just goofing off even here

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Breaking news from @ShiftySchefter: Jeff Bezos has withdrawn his offer to purchase the team and has applied for welfare relief. A group headed by Kim Kardashian West Davidson, Pete Davidson, Flav-A-Flav and Kris Kardashian Jenner  are now the front runners to acquire the team. More details to come...

Get Out Gordon Ramsey GIF - Get Out Gordon Ramsey Leave Now - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 1