Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

28 minutes ago, KDawg said:

3) Are they definitive pieces of ****? Most owners can be said to be but not all, and even then there are layers. 

That's one of my concerns about Bezos.  And I got no concers about that as to Henry.  Comes off as a real classy dude.  

I get the fascination with the money.  i am fascinated about Bezos' money too.  And if Bezos ends up what some fans think he will be -- where spending is no object, and they'd go bigger and badder than everyone else, than I am in. 

But to me there is some wildcard to Bezos.  People can preach to me all the like about Henry but i went through his ownership as a fan for a long time and have firm opinions about what I've seen.  The dude isn't perfect.  He has weaknesses.  but none of them overlap anything that I hate about Dan.   And people can take shots all they like at Henry but he's been successful.  That point isn't up for debate.  Not every season but most seasons.  And in both cases (red Sox, Liverpool) he took a team that wasn't at their peak and helped get to the promised land and better yet both teams have been fairly consistent winners and relevant franchises.  Dan has been the opposite.

Don't get me wrong I'll roll the dice with ANY owner over our douche-incompetent owner so I am not married to anyone.  But to me Bezos has more wildcard to him than some here think.   Plenty of reports about Bezos being cheap and a total A-hole.  Maybe that doesn't come into play here but i am not rulinng out that there is nothing to see here on that front. 

Amazon’s Culture of Frugality

https://slate.com/business/2014/04/amazon-frugality-how-jeff-bezos-company-cuts-costs.html

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos may be the richest person, but he isn't well-known for his billion-dollar donations and philanthropic efforts like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg.

Additional criticism has recently been heaped on Bezos' charitable ways,

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-amazon-how-much-donations-charity-2019-5

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's one of my concerns about Bezos.  And I got no concers about that as to Henry.  Comes off as a real classy dude.  

I get the fascination with the money.  i am fascinated about Bezos' money too.  And if Bezos ends up what some fans think he will be -- where spending is no object, and they'd go bigger and badder than everyone else, than I am in. 

But to me there is some wildcard to Bezos.  People can preach to me all the like about Henry but i went through his ownership as a fan for a long time and have firm opinions about what I've seen.  The dude isn't perfect.  He has weaknesses.  but none of them overlap anything that I hate about Dan.   And people can take shots all they like at Henry but he's been successful.  That point isn't up for debate.  Not every season but most seasons.  And in both cases (red Sox, Liverpool) he took a team that wasn't at their peak and helped get to the promised land and better yet both teams have been fairly consistent winners and relevant franchises.  Dan has been the opposite.

Don't get me wrong I'll roll the dice with ANY owner over our douche-incompetent owner so I am not married to anyone.  But to me Bezos has more wildcard to him than some here think.   Plenty of reports about Bezos being cheap and a total A-hole.  Maybe that doesn't come into play here but i am not rulinng out that there is nothing to see here on that front. 

https://slate.com/business/2014/04/amazon-frugality-how-jeff-bezos-company-cuts-costs.html

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos may be the richest person, but he isn't well-known for his billion-dollar donations and philanthropic efforts like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-amazon-how-much-donations-charity-2019-5

Agree, but this is where Jay Z/Matt Mc. come into play if they are in the group. Bezos' money, their day-to-day type ownership. We'll see. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get the fascination with the money.  i am fascinated about Bezos' money too. 

Yeah, his wealth is an interesting one. I’m pretty sure it largely stems from him Amazon holding, which I think may only be something like 11% as well. Wild numbers really and directly dictated by a share price.

I could see him vastly reducing his investment in Amazon to redirect his funds elsewhere. I actually think if he were to buy from Snyder he would do so buy selling some of his Amazon holding. 

31 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d generally agree with the point @KDawgposted about fan opinion of ownership. I’m not really invested either way re LFC for example. I was only relaying what I know from my interaction with the fanbase I know. My brother for example is a long standing season ticket holder, probably 25 years. Both he and all the people he knows in those circles don’t care too much for them. Never have. And that’s a die hard core of people following them all over Europe. They love Klopp that is for sure. The ownership, I don’t get that impression they are rated too well personally but that doesn’t mean it to be the case.

In terms of the Snyder sale, I couldn’t give an opinion on if Henry was a good option or not. Based on this thread, it seems quite negative towards him.

It's interesting to hear what others think who follow the team.  Just saying, I've had my share of those experiences, too.  Communicated with a friend I made who grew up and lived his whole life in Liverpool, rabid fan, he recently died.  Been to Liverpool a couple of times.  Been to Anfield each time.   Took a trip to Wales and was driven for 2 days by two dudes who were big Liverpool fans.  lol, if you wear an LFC shirt which I do in Liverpool, the cabbies will talk to you about the team. On and on.

Granted I've not been there this year which is a dissapointing season.  But yeah based on my experience, am surprised the Liverpool fans you interacted with were down on Henry while they were doing the equivalent of winning 2 SBs back to back in American terms -- champions and premier league.   And that's not been my intereaction.   They were in a dark place with Hicks as an owner towards the end especially and the tide turned failry fast upward after some initial bumps when Henry took over.  I did detect though some jealously specifically about the City owners where you felt outgunned.  

But this season it really came to a head, City fortified with Haaland among others and they've been great again and probably overtakes Arsenal.   Liverpool spent big on Darwin which hasn't looked hot yet and didn't do much else. But LFC has had an incredible run.  But yeah of course its frustrating to be just a little short of City almost every season.    but these are what I call rich man problems so to speak.  The perspective of an LFC fan is winning and winning ALL the time.  Totally apples to oranges to this team.  If our problems end up similar to Liverpool problems, I'd be beyond giddy.

I respect anyone sharing UK fan experiences about Henry so thanks for that.  So I take your input seriously.  As far as THIS thread being negative.  to each their own, but I only care about the posts from people who followed Henry on a personel level somehow, not anyone digesting him on the fly now.  I don't for example have a strong opinion on any of the other owners because I really don't know.  I can go by what i read and sure maybe there is something to it.  But its tough for me to be lectured by anyone (I don't mean you) who is just digesting Henry now.  I've been digesting Henry almost as closely as i digested Dan.  Not saying I am right -- but in my mind i have too much information over too much time for me to discard my own thoughts based on my own experiences relating to Henry. 

I'll likely head to Liverpool again this Spring and get a more fresh take and i am sure its not as happy unless this season turns around. :ols:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Agree, but this is where Jay Z/Matt Mc. come into play if they are in the group. Bezos' money, their day-to-day type ownership. We'll see. 

I really don't know.  I do like the idea of Matt McC. being involved because as a fan he cares.  So don't get me wrong, i am not down on Bezos but i just don't see this as a slam dunk nirvana situation that some do.  I think potentially it could be.  But I don't think its as slam dunk.   I've heard over and over again that the dude is a total douche to work for.  And granted he might be hands off and won't really be a defacto manager anyway.  But I'll just say in short, his personality makes him a bit more wildcard to me than clearly how some others feel on this thread.

And considering what we've been through -- some class, and some good guy in our owner matters to me at least a little.  :ols:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I really don't know.  I do like the idea of Matt McC. being involved because as a fan he cares.  So don't get me wrong, i am not down on Bezos but i just don't see this as a slam dunk Nirvana situation that some do.  I think potentially it could be.  But I don't think its as slam dunk.   I've heard over and over again that the dude is a total douche to work for.  And granted he might be hands off and won't really be a defacto manager anyway.  But I'll just say in short, his personality makes him a bit more wildcard to me than clearly how some others feel on this thread.

And considering what we've been through -- some class, and some good guy in our owner matters to me at least a little.  :ols:

I don't think anything is a slam dunk. I'm not convinced that there isn't a voodoo curse placed on this franchise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I don't think anything is a slam dunk. I'm not convinced that there isn't a voodoo curse placed on this franchise.

lol, yeah I realize you think that based on some of your posts.

I do agree that there is a voodo curse placed on the franchise but I think its based on just ONE thing.  That is....

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 8.10.11 AM.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, actorguy1 said:

@KDawg You left one off your list of the perfect owner.

5. Stay the hell out of the day to day running of the team. Don’t meddle!

Eh. Most owners will do that. I don't mind it. They pay for the groceries. I just didn't like Snyder doing it because no one could convince him he was an idiot. Know the room, trust your people, make your suggestions and listen to the people you hired to decide if you have a point. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I too have heard that Bezos can be cheap. But making donations is no one’s business but theirs. Who knows , he may give anonymously, he may not. I have an uncle ,tax lawyer retired, that still work for just a few very affluent people. He says some give like it’s going out of style and some don’t at all. Doesn’t make them good or bad people. 
not saying that you are calling out anyone. 

Edited by Acworth skins fan
Had to make sure that I didn’t make sip into something he’s not
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I just didn't like Snyder doing it because no one could convince him he was an idiot.

I've always said that's the worst kind of idiot: An idiot who doesn't know they're an idiot.

50 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I do agree that there is a voodo curse placed on the franchise but I think its based on just ONE thing.  That is....

That's actually two things...Tanya is a vapid twit.

I think all billionaires have some sense of frugality in them. I mean you don't amass wealth like that without pinching pennies where you can. But I'm fairly confident Bezos wouldn't be cheap with this franchise. Its an ego thing and there is no way he wouldn't want the team he owns to be among the best of the best and that means you gotta spend not just on players but coaches, FO, facilities etc. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Acworth skins fan said:

I too have heard that Bezos can be cheap. But making donations is no one’s business but theirs. Who knows , he may give anonymously, he may not. I have an uncle ,tax lawyer retired, that still work for just a few very affluent people. He says some give like it’s going out of style and some don’t at all. Doesn’t make them good or bad people. 
not saying that you are calling out anyone. 

The charity stuff is just another layer.  As a business owner, he's also known to be cheap.  

Don't know if he's a good or bad person.  But i do know plenty who know him, talking on CNBC and other business shows, that as a boss say he often is a total A-hole, that's a pretty commonly known thing about him.   Short termpered and berates employees often. 

The impression I've gotten reading about Bezos over the years is he's not the nicest guy and he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.   lol, the good thing here is maybe he is indeed smarter than everyone else. 

I can't take the he's not a nice guy component to him as long as he is as smart as some say he is.

As an owner, to me my guess is what plays out is 

A.  He thinks he's smarter than the typical NFL owner and will be very hands on to show he can conquer football like everything else.

or 

B.  He doesn't get involved and just hires the best people.

It feels like we will get one extreme or another, super hands on or super hands off.  Guessing of course.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Yohan said:

All this talk about John Henry and Fenway Sports Group,I would have figured it was more upsetting that they own the Pittsburgh Penguins then anything.

image.png.b6ee7a3389f1dbc65930475f94403994.png

Yeah, I can see why that would be a major knock on them. Only 3 Stanley Cups, multiple division titles, 18 playoff appearances since 1999.

In comparison, The Commandskinteam has.... showed up on gameday.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yeah, I can see why that would be a major knock on them. Only 3 Stanley Cups, multiple division titles, 18 playoff appearances since 1999.

In comparison, The Commandskinteam has.... showed up on gameday.

Purchased them late 2021...

• Thanks 1

The fact is none of us knows who will be the best owner for this team, and none of our opinions matter. Someone who is likely a Grade A SOB, because almost all super rich people are, is going to buy this team, and none of us can predict how they will run the team. 

Bezos could buy the team and name himself GM and head coach, and nothing could be done to prevent that. Or he could come in and treat office staff horribly just like Snyder...again, nothing we can do.

I think until we have a narrower list of potential buyers it's useless to speculate too much. Be happy that we are likely getting rid of Snyder for now!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Reading through Raven‘s fans thoughts on their team and a lot of them don’t like Steve Bisciotti. The main complaint being that they don’t pay big money to anyone, like Judon and now possibly Lamar.  It’s weird because you look at how this team is run and you look at their team and it is night and day. 

I think there are groups of hard core fans who are just never satisfied, even when their team is among the elite every year. Who wouldn't take Biscotti over what we've had for the last 23 years??

As far as the Ravens not paying for Lamar...thanks to that moron Haslam, Lamar wants same guaranteed money as Deshaun Watson, which is outrageous. If the Ravens did that they would not have money for depth, which is one of the problems the Cowboys struggle with every year.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1