Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I'm not a lawyer, but it would make no sense for the DC AG to not drop a defendant (the Team) or name them to something else if the Team is going to be providing funding to DC for a new stadium and all the other **** that a competent Washington team would bring.

all of this would be predicated on the sale and Dan having zero involvement, along with the willingness of the AG for more specific named parties to be separated from the Team as long as they're no longer part of the Team.

25 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Is there Any chance all this stuff actually emboldens Snyder in deciding to just keep the team? I feel like this stuff ties everyone to the hip and they'll want to work together. 

Nah I think the league buries Snyder. And they’ve already begun to lay the groundwork that they didn’t know what Goodell was doing or covering up and are pissed about it, so if they need to they can throw him under the bus as well. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, slinky said:

I'd imagine after a sale, if the case is still pending the AG would drop the team (and new owner) as a defendant. They'd got their wish and gotten rid of Dan as owner of the team and they would continue to go after him and the NFL/Goodelle. They would want a good relationship with the city and the new owners.

Yep that’s what I would say too. It’s essentially highlights the fact that Dan won’t be part of the Organisation when this is resolved. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm still unclear why Goodell, etc.  went along with this apparent cover up if they want him out of the league. 

I would guess at that point they didn't want to push it more than they had to. It was easier to cover it up / not have a written report and hope the 24-hour news cycle moves beyond. 

But we have reached the diminishing returns point sometime this year. It's become more costly (PR / non-stop investigations) to have him stay, and they have made the business decision it would be worth the fallout to have him gone. 

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm still unclear why Goodell, etc.  went along with this apparent cover up if they want him out of the league. 

That's a very good question that I've wondered about too. My thought is that Goofball is 100% all about 'defending the shield' and thought that this was what the owners wanted. It's possible the owners even TOLD him that's what they wanted. The problem is that no one explained possible outcomes and unintended consequences to Goofball...or if they did, he just didn't listen. I truly think the owners and Goofball are arrogant enough to believe that if they just swept it under the rug that it would stay there...and not come crawling back out like it has.

Maybe now the fingerpointing will begin. Irsay already said that Goofball swept it under the rug last time, so clearly there's some discontent among the owners. What we don't know yet is whether Goofball acted on his own (poor) judgement or had orders from his employers...which a trial would likely reveal, so I predict they will settle before it gets to trial.

14 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I think they only want him out of the league because the cover up didn’t turn out to be worth it or remotely easy. This stuff just won’t go away, people won’t let it go away—and Snyder can’t get out of his own way and is now lashing out and getting petty towards his fellow owners.

Also it seems like Goodell might have gone a little rogue on that decision, overzealous to “protect the shield” and keep the other owners out of it. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

I'd guess the NFL at large was perfectly happy with trying to bury Snyder's story at the time, and Goodell followed their wishes to the letter. But now it's time for heads to roll, and part Goodell's job is to be the first head in line. Goodell will fight it and the NFL will be silent about him, but in a sport that's run by the owners, Goodell was always the henchman that would get his hands dirty and take the fall if it came to it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I can see the future.

Well you are like 8 or 9 hours ahead of us.

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'd guess the NFL at large was perfectly happy with trying to bury Snyder's story at the time, and Goodell followed their wishes to the letter. But now it's time for heads to roll, and part Goodell's job is to be the first head in line. Goodell will fight it and the NFL will be silent about him, but in a sport that's run by the owners, Goodell was always the henchman that would get his hands dirty and take the fall if it came to it.

That's right, **** these mother****ers.  Seriously, is it such a surprise that these guys were in cahoots with each other?

a7b0fd0b-a9be-42ee-ad1c-b3cdb6eecb6e_tex

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am sure we would not be at this point without the WaPo and their continued efforts to get the investigation into the open.  Kudos to AG Racine for taking this action.  

Of course I want Danny gone, but I am feeling what the DC AG was saying about accountability.  Not for the citizens of DC, but for the victims of the various and numerous forms of harassment (and cover-up) perpetuated by the named co-defendants.  The victims are entitled to have the truth out in the public. 

The reporters kept wanting to get a $$$ tagline for fines; I get it, but it should not be about the $$$.  Monetary fines from the deep pockets of the NFL are inconsequential, but protecting/respecting the victims and change of environment responsibilities may be the only real value from this action.     

An interesting consideration is what will the incoming DC AD do?

May this help facilitate the departure of Danny and lead to big 'ol ****pie for Goddell  and the NFL. :cheers:

:229:The Rook

• Thanks 1

Mike Jones on Keim's podcast.

A.  Heard Dan has cash flow issues, thought that is in the soup as for why Dan is in this place for selling.  Keim concurred saying he's heard whispers about Dan having cash issues for quite some time.  Sheehan referenced today some cash flow issues, too.

B.  Jones also thought Irsay's comments gave a window about what the owners are thinking.

C.  Asking around, Jones is hearing this is a full sale

D.  Other owners noticing the fans glee about Dan selling.  They think this market can likely be revived 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Important last line: "against NFL and Commish Goodell."

Not Commanders and not Dan.

Ladies and Gentlemen, that was phrased that way on purpose.  

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Nah I think the league buries Snyder. And they’ve already begun to lay the groundwork that they didn’t know what Goodell was doing or covering up and are pissed about it, so if they need to they can throw him under the bus as well. 

WE WILL VIROROUSLY DEFEND THE NFL AND COMMISSIONER GOODELL!!!!!

(until that is not going to work then we will thank Roge and feed him to the wolves.  His last act of valor, to die for our success.)

• Like 3

We all know that Dan is pretty much incapable of any sort of self-reflection or the ability to accept blame or criticism for anything. I'm genuinely curious who he blames, in his head, for the easily verifiable fact that this entire fanbase absolutely loathes him and would likely hold a literal parade if he sells the team. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1