Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm of the belief (and I'd love to be wrong) that if he REALLY wanted an NFL team he'd have done it by now.  Especially when there have been more attractive options available recently.  Like, why not buy the Broncos, a team that hasn't been dwelling in **** with a ****ty stadium for the past 20+ years?  

Well the option that he wants to own an NFL team but not any NFL team is up in the air too.

That's kinda like buying a car, you have tons of option, but you aim at a specific car and are ready to pay a price for this.

Now, with all the stories around Dan Snyders, investigations, stadium crumbling, outdated facilities, and everything that goes with it, I wouldn't be surprise if Dan cannot get the kind of money he wants. Because, all above is trimming the price down somehow. The new owner know he'll have to finance a stadium almost by himself, which would be around 1 billion.  Plus facilities, plus investigations, the potential buyers absolutely have to take that into account or they don't ****ing know where they're stepping in.

I believe someone posted that if the team is sold with the 25% upgrade like the Broncos, Dan can aim at 7 billion. I suspect it's not gonna reach that kind of money and should be way lower.

• Like 1

I used to run investments for an A-list celebrity who looked into buying an NFL team within the past 5 years (I am willing verify this privately with the mods).

Based on my experience, I think it's 50-50 whether this is a deal for a minority sale or a full sale.

There is a very real chance Snyder fully sells based on the valuation and settling his legal/PR issues, but it is also equally possible he finds someone to buy a 30% stake for just under $2b and uses half of that to build a stadium which buys him a new lease on life with the other owners.

We are not out of the woods. But there is hope.

Stay medium, my friends.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

31 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This isn’t an expansion team nor is it a forced sale at this point. The NFL doesn’t get to decide anything. Dan makes the decision on his own. The NFL gets to vote to approve or disapprove of the new ownership group. I highly doubt they reject anyone. They want to be rid of Dan without any litigation.

The NFL’s ability to turn down anybody they don’t want means that they will get who they want. Snyder will choose nothing except how easy or painful this is.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Well the option that he wants to own an NFL team but not any NFL team is up in the air too.

That's kinda like buying a car, you have tons of option, but you aim at a specific car and are ready to pay a price for this.

Now, with all the stories around Dan Snyders, investigations, stadium crumbling, outdated facilities, and everything that goes with it, I wouldn't be surprise if Dan cannot get the kind of money he wants. Because, all above is trimming the price down somehow. The new owner know he'll have to finance a stadium almost by himself, which would be around 1 billion.  Plus facilities, plus investigations, the potential buyers absolutely have to take that into account or they don't ****ing know where they're stepping in.

I believe someone posted that if the team is sold with the 25% upgrade like the Broncos, Dan can aim at 7 billion. I suspect it's not gonna reach that kind of money and should be way lower.

A new stadium will cost 3 billion not 1 billion. Sofi was nearly 6 billion. The new Titans stadium will be 3 billion. DMV property values and costs are higher than Nashville as well. If it’s a Bezos or Ballmer they will likely go well over north of 5 billion on a new stadium complex. 

A team is worth what someone is willing to pay. I could foresee Bezos paying 8 billion and calling it a day. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

1 minute ago, Conn said:

The NFL’s ability to turn down anybody they don’t want means that they will get who they want. Snyder will choose nothing except how easy or painful this is.

In normal circumstances maybe. Being rid of Dan and the risk of litigation makes this different.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I used to run investments for an A-list celebrity who looked into buying an NFL team within the past 5 years (I am willing verify this privately with the mods).

Based on my experience, I think it's 50-50 whether this is a deal for a minority sale or a full sale.

There is a very real chance Snyder fully sells based on the valuation and settling his legal/PR issues, but it is also equally possible he finds someone to buy a 30% stake for just under $2b and uses half of that to build a stadium which buys him a new lease on life with the other owners.

Stay medium, my friends.

I know the mods, you can trust me.  Promise.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

This is distinct possibility as Danny boy is desperate for a new stadium and can’t get the DMV to foot the bill.

If it’s a buying group I don’t think you will have the whole group agree to only buy 30% of the team. There’s only a handful of single billionaires who could buy a share of the team and I hope none of them want to take a backseat to Danny. 

Report: Jeff Bezos is “looking into buying” the Commanders

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/03/report-jeff-bezos-is-looking-into-buying-the-commanders/

According to People.com (yes, People.com), Amazon mega-billionaire Jeff Bezos is “looking into buying the Washington Commanders.” Per the report, Bezos would make the purchase “possibly in partnership” with Jay-Z.

Bezos has a net worth of $115 billion, per Bloomberg. He would become the richest owner in the league, besting new Broncos owner Rob Walton by more than $40 billion. Other than Walton, the richest current owner is David Tepper of the Panthers. He’s worth roughly $100 billion less than Bezos.

Amazon has an 11-year deal to broadcast Thursday Night Football. Bezos and Commissioner Roger Goodell were hobnobbing at the Week Two game between the Chargers and Chiefs, the first regular-season game streamed by Amazon.

12 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Stay medium, my friends.

Why would the NFL approve a sale of a minority stake with the investigations pending and knowing if they don’t Dan will be forced to sell the whole thing? They can easily use the excuse of the pending investigation to vote down any financial transactions that require a league vote.

Also, who is willing to be associated with Dan at this point? Dan also just bought out the 40% stake of his previous minority partners for $1B in loans when interest was historically low. The NFL could require him to close his leveraged position to meet NfL guidelines. So a new minority partner would basically be paying off low interest debt without much of a cash influx for Dan.  

There is no way this is a 50/50 proposition. He would explore a minority stake quietly like the Clearlake capital guys wanted to do with the previous minority owners. This is a sale for the whole thing. There is no putting the genie back in the bottle now either. It’s over. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

There's high schools in Ashburn that trump our facilities! (IHS, BWHS, Stone Bridge...)

Not on the list, but I still snortle when I see a car going around Loudoun with Rock Ridge magnets on them... 🤣

Quit trying to tornado my parade about The little commander selling less than full sale! 

Nothing against Byron Allen, I’m not familiar with him, but I would want someone that is worth a lot more to buy. Not even a net worth less than billion excludes it in my opinion. This team needs a lot of facilities and extras. From what is being said, he sounds like a great guy, just wish he had more money. I know he’ll work in a group to purchase.

The little commander might sell to him, just to stick it to the rest of us with the hopes that Byron doesn’t have the money to do much more than the little Commander has been able to do. Being a finalist in Denver definitely makes him a big time contender to purchase this team.

• Sad 1

I mean who in their right mind thinks if snyder was searching for a minority partner, his ego would allow clarifications like “all options are on the table” and other vagueries that leave open a full sale of the team?

im sure he’d happily take a minority partner that bails him out of everything 

but I know that if that’s all he was looking for, that if he wasn’t going to sell the whole team, he sure as **** would have made sure that was crystal clear in the statements. 

no, it makes more sense snyder couldn’t bring himself to announce he’s selling the team so instead they left it openly vague like maybe he’s just looking for a minority partner, even though that’s not the case. 

what over the last 23 years would make any of you think otherwise? Ego is everything with this dude. And he highly valued being on the offensive and taking the first shot whenever he can. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

This is distinct possibility as Danny boy is desperate for a new stadium and can’t get the DMV to foot the bill.

If it’s a buying group I don’t think you will have the whole group agree to only buy 30% of the team. There’s only a handful of single billionaires who could buy a share of the team and I hope none of them want to take a backseat to Danny. 

I think Dan would have a real hard time finding people that would want to be tied with him.  

I look at it this way:  If you want to purchase minority shares in a team, you probably don't want to bump uglies with Danya, especially if you've only got a billion or so to burn.  But if you're a billionaire several times over, it just makes sense to put an ownership group together and make a run for it and own it outright.  

In other words, someone who's not ready to be an outright/majority owner isn't going to risk his wealth to be tied to Dan for a minority stake.  And if you have enough to be an outright/majority owner, you're still not gonna give Dan a billion or two to get a stadium done somewhere, he'll probably just **** that up, too.

The guy ****ed up Johnny Rockets, for **** sake.  I mean, think about that, the guy ****ed up HAMBURGERS.  Do you know how hard that is?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

A Bezos + Jay Z ownership group would probably give us the most famous owners in sports, in multiple arenas (Business, Entertainment, Business Entertainment).

You would not have a Bezos-Z ownership group and anything less than industry standard for facilities, staff, stadium, experiences, etc.

It's pretty much the antithesis of Snyder.

While any ownership group other than Snyder will be amazing, the idea of going from Snyder to Bezos-Jay-Z ... we'd literally go from cursed to best situation (off the field) in sports.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3